Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Mad By Association

Chapter 9

by poser 3 reviews

Mikey's trying to figure things out

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Mikey Way - Published: 2007-08-31 - Updated: 2007-09-01 - 730 words

0Unrated


Number 9 : Change is good right?

Mikey's point of view ```

"Don't worry man, I've got it," I stood stunned as Jake paid for everything on the counter, his and mine included. I shrugged my shoulders and stuck my wallet in my back pocket. "That would be $29.30 sir," the cashier said, and I pulled my wallet out again. "Mike, I've got it," Jake grinned, pulling out a fifty and paying the cashier. "At least let me give you the thirty cents," I pleaded, getting a cough on my shoulder in return.

"You know one day my arm would fall off," I rubbed my shoulder, hopefully I'll get used to the boyish games. "You're a funny kid, you know," he shook his head and we headed out the store to meet the other guys in the parking lot. We ditched cafeteria lunch for deli sandwiches at the bakery downtown. This is what I've been happily doing for the past week, hanging out with these guys.

I don't see why Frank and Ray are so 'iffy' about my new friends. Somehow they see them as a threat to me and everyone else around. Maybe I should be cautious or maybe I should just accept that these guys are different. "Hey Jake, can I ask you something?" I figured this was a good oppurtunity to ask what Frank and the others think they know. "You're still itching to give me the change huh?" Jake exchanged this humour filled look with me.

"No," I replied, even though my front pocket was a spare thirty cents incase Jake needed it. "Then don't be so corky," he laughed when we finally made it to the car, "friends pay for friends all the time." And him saying that made me feel more than welcome in the group in a sense. "Well I'll sponsor you next time then," I suggested. "Then next time I'm getting me a lobster," Jake joked opening the door and leaving me outside thinking to myself 'how the fuck am I gonna pay for a lobster?'

Well whatever at least he considers me as a friend, so I doubt I will have to interrogate Jake any further, but if it's proof Frank, Ray and Gerard want about these guys being the real deal, then I would find out. Soon enough we were back at school, having our lunch in the outdoor cafeteria. Sitting with Jake, Robby and Jervay is a dream come true, only because they are constantly engulfed by the hotties of the school.

The cheerleaders I never got a chance to look at because I was told my eyes weren't 'worthy' to see such pleasurable specimens. Sometimes I wonder why girls think so highly of them selves, especially these cheerleader types. I don't see the big difference between their bodies and faces, compared to the girls of any other class. Then again who am I to stereotype these girls?

"Whoa, Mikey you're george without those Einstein glasses," I stopped cleaning my glasses and looked up at the girl who threw that remark at me. I think I'm blushing or my cheeks must have some allergic reaction. "Thanks," I said trying to sound cool and not too out of control, like how my brain felt. "Jake why did you become friends with Mike, the dude's stealing our ladies," Robby joked putting up his hand in distress.

Jake shook his head and plainly said, "all I know is he comes with spare change and free lobsters." "Hey, don't tell the world, then everyone would want to be my friend," I joked along, putting my glasses back on. Wow a cheerleader thinks I'm georgeous ! Now tell me, should I be sitting on the concrete steps with a bunch of guys talking about how much life sucks or should I be sitting inbetween hot girls really being exsistant?

It's pretty obvious what I've decided. "Hey you should get contacts," Jake advised me. "You think?" I raised my eyebrow wondering why he suggested that in the first place. "Yeah," he nodded and something Frank said to me earlier came to mind. 'They're just going to change you Mike, why can't you see that?' those words imprinted in my thoughts. "I'll think about it," I replied and Jake grinned quirkily.

Goal : Hmm I've gotta figure out a new one, because I'm living this out thoroughly

Life : Is sweet !
Sign up to rate and review this story