Categories > Celebrities > All-American Rejects > The Letters

Letter 9

by JMSBBHB 0 reviews

The girls move to LA and find their new home which is more than they expected. Also a flash back.

Category: All-American Rejects - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-09-03 - Updated: 2007-09-04 - 2205 words

0Unrated
Cheri Sexy,

Hello again! I’ve finally found time to write again. Sorry, I haven’t written recently. The boys haven’t allowed me a breather; they have so much energy! Not that I’m complaining, though; it has actually been a lot a fun. Yesterday, they dragged me to a Sumo match which was quite odd. Who knew that much flesh colliding with another ton of flesh could be so entertaining? Oh well, I did get to wear the most amazing dress there, so it was cool with me.

Anyway, enough about this boring crap; back to the story:


“I’m sorry, but seriously why are there two streets with the same name?” Mara yelled in frustration as she stared at a piece of paper that had a list of directions and a map on it.

“There aren’t,” Tyson laughed. Apparently he found her frustration amusing.

“Well, they’re basically the same,” she retorted promptly. Mara hated being the navigator in a city she didn’t know in the slightest. About 10 minutes ago she caused Tyson to go down the wrong street and now they were lost and weren’t sure how to get back.

“Here,” Tyson said as he blindly grabbed at his phone and handed it to Mara. “Call Pete. Maybe he can help us.”

“What?” Mara cried. Of course, she didn’t mind calling for help, but it was just weird to her calling Pete Wentz so casually. She had only met him once before; it’s not like they were buddy-buddy yet.

“Oh, he won’t bite. Just call him,” Tyson groaned. He was tired of driving and just wanted to get to the apartment.

“Alright, alright!” Mara said as she flipped open his phone and scrolled through his contacts. “I’m assuming he’s P-dog?” Mara inquired.

Tyson smiled and nodded his head. Mara shook her head and instantly thought, ‘Boys will be boys,’ as she pressed the little green button. It took a second then Mara heard the familiar dull ring as she waited for Pete to answer his phone.

“Pete Wentz, I kick ass, how can I help you?” Mara heard all of a sudden. She wasn’t exactly sure how to answer this so she just said the first thing that came to mind.

“Mara, most amazing girl on this planet, calling Pete Wentz because she’s lost!”

She could hear Pete laughing through the ear piece. “Sorry, I thought you were Ty, but that was pretty sweet,” he replied once he calmed down.

“Thank you,” Mara said, “now, can you help us we’re so lost.”

“Sure where are you?”

“Umm …” Mara strained to see the nearest street sign, “we’re at the intersection of Maine Avenue and Charles Street.

“Awesome, I can help. Take a left onto Maine and take that to Tchezbacahaha and turn right and you’ll be the third house on the left. I’ll be there in a bit waiting for you,” Pete told her simply.

Mara looked a bit stunned. “House?” she questioned him.

“Yep.”

“I thought you were getting us an apartment not a house!”

“Well, I didn’t like any of the apartments.”

“Alright, it’s your call,” Mara shrugged. She wasn’t going to complain. The label was picking up part of the bill during their first few months and after that the money the girls had been saving up for the past four years would be enough to help them get by for a good while. Oh right! Then there was the million Mickie’s grand-parents left her that she failed to mention to the girls until now. So they were going to be okay for awhile (assuming Mickie didn’t mind being generous if times got hard).

“Cool! See you in a bit. Trust me you’ll love the house,” he said excitedly.

“Ha! Okay, I trust you,” Mara replied. “Well, we’ll see you in a few minutes. Bye!”

Mara waited until she heard Pete say bye then hung up the phone.

“Where am I going?” Tyson asked her once she was off the phone.

“Oh crap, sorry! You want to turn left on to Maine,” she answered. Luckily, they were at the longest red light in the world so they hadn’t passed the street yet. They hadn’t passed anything in the last few minutes. Goodness! It was a long light!

Well, after what felt like five minutes they finally got the green arrow to turn left, and so they did.

TEN MINUTE TIME LAPSE …

Tyson pulled the car into the driveway of an absolutely gorgeous, little house. Eliza, who had been silent for quite some time because she was sleeping, was the first to speak.

“Damn, that’s where we’re living?”

“Yep,” Mara said in a quiet awe.

Tyson killed the engine, and they all got out. Just then the silver minivan that had the rest of the girls pulled in right behind Tyson’s car. All of the girls instantly jumped out of the van.

“Holy Crap! Are you serious? This is ours?” Mickie gasped when she was out of the car.

Mara nodded her head in response. Everyone was indescribably excited and ran for the house.

They were astonished when they finally got the chance to explore it. Decaydance obviously took great care of their bands because not only had they found the girls a house, they furnished it too. And from the looks of it, not cheaply either. When they ventured upstairs they found four bedrooms all about the same size and all specially tailored to a certain girl. On the third floor (yes, third floor) there were two more bedrooms the same as on the second floor. Pete and his crew planned it well. The rooms that were obviously meant for Mara and Eliza were on the left side of the second floor and Mickie’s and Alex’s rooms were on the right. Mel and Arielle had the whole third floor to themselves and an extra room that was meant to be an office of sorts.

All of this was extremely overwhelming to the six girls. Mel and Arielle finally realized this wasn’t just a road trip, they were actually going to manage an official band, and the four that made up the band were stunned when they figured out that they were now “official.” It was a scary thing. Scarier than they imagined.

***

An annoying buzz cut through the perfect silence of Mara’s room.

“Ugh!” Mara groaned as she tried to pull her self up from her amazingly comfortable bed. She looked at her clock which was the source of the awful noise and saw it said 8:00 am. Everyone was getting up early today because they were going to the studio for the first day of recording. Mara jumped up out of her bed and headed down the hallway to the bathroom which was at the end. The door was closed so she knocked to see if anyone was actually in there. She heard a voice that sounded like Mickie’s say, “One second, I’m almost done.” Mara was too tired to respond so she just stood there. Luckily, Mickie wasn’t kidding because one second later she popped open the door and walked out smiling because she was all pretty and Clean! “All yours!” she told Mara who smiled slightly and walked in.

Mara took a quick shower, brushed her teeth, and put on some amazingly cute, but comfy clothes. By the time she had dried her hair and fixed it up, everyone was ready to head out. Mara skipped down the stairs, grabbed her bag and guitar, and they all headed out to the van.

Luckily, Mickie was amazing at directions and the one driving so they didn’t get lost on their way to the studio. When they entered they found the AAR boys were already there. Mara walked up to Tyson and gave him a hug as he gave her a peck on the cheek. Alex went straight to chris and they started talking animatedly about whatever random crap Alex talks about. Mickie said hi to Tyson and Nick then went over to Mike and sat down next to him to talk. Eliza ignored everyone and went straight to Nick and practically jumped him. She had been deprived of nick and didn’t waste a second of Nick-time. He didn’t seem to mind either. It seemed he felt just as deprived of Eliza as she did him.

I’m sorry you must be a bit lost. I think it’s time for a flash back, don’t you? Let’s go back to that month we skipped…

It was two weeks after the night Pete had told them he wanted to sign them, and it was Eliza’s birthday. Of course, the girls had a huge party planned. Mickie’s mom shut down the bar that night so they had a party space and no scary creeps there either. Their party list was pretty huge too so it wasn’t like there would have been room for strangers anyway.

Mel and Arielle were taking care of the cake and apparently they were planning something big, but they wouldn’t let anyone in on it. Mara and Alex were in charge of the decorations and Mickie was just responsible for the bar, making sure everything was okay. Tyson had little involvement in the party planning because he was kept busy enough with making sure his present was coming.

That night went smoothly with all of the perfect planning. Some of Mickie’s mom’s employees were working the bar and Mara and Mickie successfully convinced their friend Lee’s band to play for a good while thought, it didn’t take much to persuade him. Wink wink nudge nudge. Just kidding, he was happy to do it. Everything was great and fun then it came time to sing happy birthday. So all the girls except Eliza got on stage and picked up their instruments and began to sing a rocked out version of the traditional song. Right before the third repetition of happy birthday Tyson whispered to Eliza that he had a present for her and just then before she got a chance to turn toward him and inquire about what he was talking about, a boy who looked vaguely familiar walked out on the stage playing guitar. Once it clicked Eliza was stunned. Nick Wheeler Was Singing Happy Birthday To Her! Once she recovered from the shock, she began to flip out and Nick smiled obviously glad he could make someone’s birthday. Once they had finished, Nick came down from the stage and gave Eliza a rose and a kiss as he said some thing to her no one else heard.

Right after that Mel came out of the kitchen doors struggling to push out a gigantic cake which was almost the size of a trunk. Mel wheeled it in front of Eliza and cheered happy birthday which then was repeated by everyone else in the bar and Eliza was glowing with happiness. Just then the cake started to shake and then Arielle suddenly popped out of the top of it and screamed, “Surprise, Birthday Girl!” Everyone was laughing hysterically. Eliza couldn’t believe it, Nick Wheeler then a girl popping out of her cake. It was all insane but awesome. Birthdays don’t get much better than that!

Not much else happened that night. Eliza spent most of the night talking to her present from Tyson. She could hardly tear herself away from him. Mara and the other girls didn’t care, they understood. Plus, Mara and Tyson were talking all night about all the random things that came into their heads. Alex had found some … interesting looking guy and was a little preoccupied by him the rest of the night. Mel and Arielle were constantly making the rounds to all the cute men in the room, and Mickie and Lee were having a great time flirting and playing darts. It was a great party, needless to say.

When the night finally ended the six girls and the two AAR boys were the only ones left. Eliza and Nick were very reluctant to leave each other, but Tyson wanted to get back and Mickie needed to really close the bar. So after their final good-bye Tyson, Mara, and Nick finally turned and walked out the door.

Tyson drove them all back home and the trip seemed so quick and quiet. They were all so tired. Once Tyson had parked his car outside his uncle’s house, they all jumped out eager to get to bed. Mara was about to say good-night when she heard Tyson say, “Hey, Mara can I talk to you?”

Okay, please forgive me but this must end here. I have to get back to the boys, and plus I like to leave you hanging! So I will do my best to write again soon, but of course you must write back first as always haha. So I eagerly await your letter. Well, good-bye for now.

Yours Always,
Beautiful
Sign up to rate and review this story