Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Don't note these as words of hate

Courtney returns

by cococrazy 3 reviews

Here's the quick update you wanted ;)

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-09-06 - Updated: 2007-09-06 - 1656 words

0Unrated
I blinked.
Nothing.
Then again.
A room came shakily into view.
Oh no.
That feeling again.
Where i feel like i could just die.

Then i start panicking.
Where am i?
I can't remember anything from the previous night.
The thought terrified me.
I moved my head to look at my sorroundings.
I was in a bedroom that's for sure.
But who's...?

Oh God. I must be in some random guys apartment.
Oh god i slept with a stranger.
I really am a whore.

Oh my God.
Did i use protection?

Or what if it was rape!?

No wait, it couldn't be rape...surely i would be able to tell...

The door opened and someone walked in.

'Oh good, your awake.' Said a topless Brendon from the doorway.

'Brendon? Where am i??'
'Your in our hotel suite. Ryan brought you back yesterday when you passed out.'
'Really? I passed out?'

I groaned.

'You probably want some water or something don't you?'
'Yes please.' I groaned again.
Ow my head.Shit shit shit.

I was surprised to see Ryan return with the water instead of Brendon.

I didn't want to see him but i felt too hungover to care.

He handed me the water and i managed to hoist myself up.
I got a good look around the room and realised that i was actually in a single bed and that another single bed was opposite.

Ryan sat down on the opposite bed.

'So..how are you feeling?' Ryan asked, in an attempt to break the silent tension.

Stupid question.

'Oooo just peachy thankyou.' I said sarcastically.
He bit his bottom lip and smiled, shaking his head. 'Yeah OK, i get it, stupid question.'

I finished the water and sunk my head back down onto the pillows.
They smelt of Ryan.

'Where'd you sleep?' I asked.
'Sofa.'

I inhaled his vanilla scent that remained on the pillows deeply.
Then thought, what the the fuck am i doing?

I'm meant to be getting over this guy and here i am in a bedroom wih him lying in his bed and smelling his pillows.

'The water helped, i'm not feeling so bad now.' I lied, throwing off the covers and attempting to get out of bed.

'No your not Brooke, i know your not.' Said Ryan.'Look i'll go, you just stay here until you feel better-i'll get someone to bring you some more water.'

Then he left.
I decided to lie back down,. Spencer soon came in with some more water for me, i drank it, then shortly after fell back asleep.

When i woke up again i felt a bit better.
Not great, but still better.

I managed to slump myself out of bed.What i needed now was a nice shower.

I groggily stumbled across the room and opened the door.

Ryan was sat on the sofa watching TV , no one else was about.

He looked around when i came out. 'Oh good your up.Feeling any better?'

'mmmph' Was all i could manage to reply with. 'Guess i'm off.'

'Are you sure your up to it?'
'Yes, i'm fine.'

I walked over to door, ready to let myself out.
'Brooke.'
I half turned.
'I know you probably don't feel like hearing this all again right now , but it's unlikely i'm going to get another chance do it so-'
I rolled my eyes. 'Your right, infact i don't feel like listening to it ever again, Ryan. I know what your gonna say, and it's gonna be all the same stuff as before, so i really wouldn't waste your breath if i was you.'
I put my hand on the door handle.

'Wait!' He stood up. 'OK Brooke you have two choices; you can either walk out of here right now and be hassled by me in the future, or you can just give me 10 minutes of your time now to let me explain and if your still in the same frame of mind, then, then, you can leave and i promise not to ever hassle you ever again.'

I turned to face him.
'10 minutes?'
'10 minutes.' He nodded.

I sighed. 'No longer.'

He smiled , relieved.

We sat down on the sofa.

I sat down on the far end from him, my legs crossed and my body huddled, facing him whilst he had his body turned towards me, one leg on the ground and the other laying bent across it.
He fumbled with his hands nervously.

'OK look, first of all; I really want you to know, and need to stress that even though it sounds like i'm lying that i actually have absolutely no idea about the bra or the text message. When you found the bra i was so, so , confused and i haven't seen it before in my life. And the text just made things wierder. I'm not a liar Brooke, and please just, just think about the possibility that i was set up. Seriously, i really am certain that Courtney planted the bra there when we were out and she was ''ill'' . It has to be her, that's why she came round our place before you got here so she could wait until you were out the door to kiss me infront of you. That was the only thing that happened between me and Courtney, and she initiated it. I don't why she did it, i just know that she did.'

'Exactly Ryan, why would she do it? It doesn't make sense, why would she go and risk being known as a cheat and hated by me and my friends for nothing? What's in it for her? I'm pretty sure she didn't expect you to get with her after you knew she had made me believe you cheated. That's the part that doesn't make sense Ryan.'

'Maybe...maybe she did it to..to hurt you?'

I thought of what Delilah said.

'Why would she though? Our relationship isn't great, i'll agree , but it's not terrible. I don't think i've ever said anything mean to her. That's always been Delilah. If she wanted to get back at anyone it would have been her. Why didn't she do that stuff to Brendon instead?'

Ryan didn't know how to answer.

'And it seems too big a coincidence that on the same night that she was ill , you skipped dinner to work on lyrics. And then claimed afterwards that you never actually got round to writing any.I mean lyrics Ryan. who skips dinner for lyrics, you can write lyrics anytime during the day.'

Ryan got defensive 'i'd spent so much of my holiday time with you that i hadn't got round to writing much, and i really needed to get some done , it's my job Brooke. Besides i wasn't hungry that night.'

'Are you saying i took up too much of your time?'

'No! no, i'm not saying that at all, i loved every minute i spent with you and wish i could have spent more. You have no idea how much i missed you scince you left me.'

'But you were home by yourself for ages and you didn't manage any? I don't get that.'
'I was too busy caught up thinking about stuff, i lost track of time and got too tired.'

I gave him an unconvinced look.
'And what kinda 'stuff' were you thinking about? What could take up so much time?'

He shifted uncomfortably.

'I -i can't remember.'

'So it couldn't have been that important.'

'Um...'

'I think it's gone 10 minutes.' I said, standing up.

'Oh, come on Brooke.' Ryan said following suit.

I walked over towards the door and opened it.

'Ryan, we had a deal remember?' I said walking out the hallway.
Ryan began following me.

'I said i won't hassle you once you leave, your still in the hotel , so techincally you haven't left yet.' He said.

'Whatever.' I mumbled, pressing the button for the lift.

The doors slid open and i walked in, Ryan came in aswell.

'You can't honestly tell me that there isn't a possibility that what i've just said could be true. That Courtney did set the whole thing up.'

'Maybe.' I said simply and stiffly, staring straight ahead.
I turned my head to look at him.
'But i don't see how i'm ever gonna know the truth for sure, and it's just safer for me to-'

I was interupted when the lift stopped and a man walked in. He was rather large and squeezed in between Ryan and me.
His hair was wet, and his clothes damp.

'Cor blimey' he said 'the weather out there today , eh? Terrible absolutely terrible. Ain't it supposed to be July? Have you ever seen the likes?'

'No' I said.
'Never.' Said Ryan.

'I mean just a a couple of weeks ago it was blazing hot, the hottest day of the year, everyone out sunbathing an all that and then suddenly it all changes overnight. Cor blimey, typical english weather eh?'

'Yeah.' I said.
'Absolutely.' Said Ryan.

Then thankfully the lift stopped on the ground floor and we all exited.

'As i was saying' I said 'it's safer for me to not believe it Ryan. Because believing it would be taking a huge, huge risk, and i'm not ready for that.'

But Ryan was instead staring in the direction of the hotel check-in desk in disbelief. I turned around to see what he was looking at.
Courtney was standing at the desk speaking to woman behind it.

My jaw dropped.

She looked over and saw us. A smirk spread across her face.
'Hi' She called, waving.
Sign up to rate and review this story