Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

Broken Down On Memory Lane

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 3 reviews

Saffy strolls through some memories.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-09-30 - Updated: 2007-09-30 - 1485 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Six: Broken Down On Memory Lane.

"Broken down on memory lane. Alone together, we're alone. (Woah)"
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I slunk back in my keyboard bench. My finger tips were twitching, uncontrollably. I couldn't bring myself to accurately tap the keynotes. Life was spinning way to fast and I grew more confused each whirl of the day. Pete had kissed me, when he seemed like he hated me. I lost my best friend because a silly quarrel we had. Nothing made sense and sometimes, I couldn't even feel my own heartbeat. Other times, my heart beat so brutally, my chest was a punching bag, getting pounded each second of my distress. I glanced up at the towering book case across my room. I suddenly felt the urge to enjoy a thrilling novel of some sort. Even, if it wasn't a novel, I still wanted to read an article of pretty words that trapped me in their beautiful meanings. I strolled over to the oak book case and brushed the hardwood with the delicacy of my raw finger tips.

I pulled out a random book and searched the cover of it with my emerald-green eyes. The ancient edges were softly torn with age and the scent smelled of childhood. I caressed the face of the book where a sloppy illustration of a stick-figured boy and girl stood on a patch of grass linking hands with a blazing orange sun hovering over their smiling faces along with trees and clouds. I glanced up at the top where first grade handwriting spelled out 'Patrick & Saffy's Memory Book'. A slight smile formed on my lips at the childlike innocence that lingered on the photo album. I opened the shabby book of the past and I suddenly became engaged in senile pictures of small kids that were replicas of Patrick and me when we were children. Youth filled these pages and I began to miss those times. When nothing mattered and we couldn't even spell drama.

I remember when we were inseparable. You couldn't get us to seperate for anything. We always attended each other's birthday parties and we would always wait for one of us to come out for recess. Patrick was always so shy and timid. He was the only one that could keep me grounded. But, I was the only one who could get him to show his wild side. I remember when I got my very first keyboard. I was seven and Christmas ornaments hung loosely on an ever-green Christmas tree. The present was quite large and the colorful wrapping made my eyes sparkle with anticipation to open the magnificent gift. As soon as the package was open, I squealed with pure excitement as my mother caught the memory on camera. I remember running to Patrick's house the day after (even though he lived a few blocks away and I was only seven, so I got into trouble) and I announced the fantastic news as he proudly showed his karaoke machine. I guess that's when it all started. Us playing together. Though, we were only seven and inexperienced with music, we always played together.

I turned another elderly page where a key chain was taped next to a picture of us sitting together in a Kodak Moment pose. The key chain was a blue star with 'Friends Forever' engraved in the middle. One was blue and the other was red. Patrick let me have the blue star, for he knew that was my favorite color. The memory when we first got these key chains was so fresh, it might as well have happened yesterday.


We were loitering around in Wal-Mart as our mothers chattered on while picking up groceries. Suddenly, at the corner of my eye, I saw a glimpse of bright key chains and I bustled over to the rack as Patrick followed, curiously.

"Look!" I exclaimed pointing up at the key chain that had caught my eye. Patrick had been a bit taller than me, so he stood on his toes and reached for them, while knocking others down by mistake.

"This?" he asked leaning back to his feet and adjusting his small hat.

I nodded and snatched them from his hand and looked at them, as if they were the best invention ever created.

"Let's buy them!" I said reaching in my pocket and grabbing loose change that consisted of three pennies and four nickels.

"This is how much I have. What about you?" I asked looking down to his pocket. He did the same and pulled out two dimes and four pennies.

"This much!" he showed pointing the change in my face.

"How much is it?" I asked, very puzzled as he placed on the same confused expression. (For we both weren't good at math.)

"I don't know." he confessed looking down at his newly bought converse in shame.

We glanced up at our mothers, who had been watching the scene the whole time. They laughed at our childlike mannerisms and put their hands to their hearts while cooing, "Aw." I tugged on my mother's shirt and asked, "How much is this?" as the two women both started laughing again. I didn't see what was so funny, so I just stood there and waited for her answer. Of course, she didn't reply, but she just put the key chain into the cart and walked to a register and bought our things.

My mother handed us the key chains after departing from the register and I tore the wrapper open. I stroked the imprint of 'Friends Forever' with my fingers and I handed them to Patrick.

"Here, you pick first." I said being polite. He grabbed the red one and said, "You can have the blue one."

I smiled cheekily at him as both of our mother's eyes glistened with awe.

"This way, we will be friends forever." I replied taking the blue star key chain from his tiny hand.

"You two are so cute." Patrick's mother complimented grabbing one of my cheeks and jerking it slowly, side to side. I rubbed my face, after that.


I departed from the memory and smiled, clutching the photo album with my sweaty palms. Suddenly, tears began to form under my eyes as I remembered Patrick now hated me. I slowly traveled back to the cold reality. Memories were so surreal. I wish I could live in them forever. Unfortunately, I was living the brutal life of a teenager.

I closed the book and placed it back on the shelf. I sighed sorrowfully and sat back down on the keyboard bench. I began tapping the keynotes and flying away to my musical world. Sadly, I got constant interruptions as my fingers began twitching and shaking again. I slammed my hand down on the keyboard as I grew frustrated. Stupid Pete and Patrick. I couldn't even escape because of them. But, I suppose the Patrick part is my fault. If I would've just kept my mouth shut like I've been doing, none of this would have never happened. Unless, Pete liked me nonetheless. Does he like me? Or did he just kiss me for kicks? This is so confusing!

I pushed my thoughts to the side and grabbed my coat as I walked out of the door and grabbed my car keys. As I opened the front door, a burst of bitterness brushed up my body as I entered the polar-like winter. I ran to my car in a hurry, to escape from the chilly season. As I plopped myself into my old, rusted car, I shoved the key into the ignition as the latest tunes danced out of the radio and warmth coughed from the car heater. I backed out of the driveway, leaving the house, tired and empty, like me.

I was unsure of where I was going. I just wanted to leave the house for a bit. I stopped by a lake where a few fishers were short on luck and grew a bit frustrated. Others were calm and cool; trying to savor the moment before going back to their realities and facing the world. I got out of the car and sat on the roof, where I could gaze at the sky filled with perfect clouds and sunshine. I grabbed my coat closer, trying to produce warmth as goose bumps slithered down my arms. Even though, it was terribly cold, I still glued myself to the roof of my car and watched life while it was still peaceful.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Filler >.<
Chapter sucks, I know. Terribly sorry. I promise the good stuff will get here soon. Still trying to work on some stuff.

Great, now this chapter doesn't have enough dialouge! Bleh.

Thank you the wonderful ClandestineUnited. It means a lot to me, that you review!

Review/rate if you like. I don't want to seem too pushy :[

Comment/Compliment/Critique
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story