Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Baby, Seasons Change But People Don't.

I Used To Obsess Over Living, Now I Only Obsess Over You

by XxIceCreamHeadachexX 3 reviews

Pete and Saffy meet up in the library parking lot.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-10-07 - Updated: 2007-10-07 - 588 words - Complete

1Moving
Chapter Eight: I Used To Obsess Over Living, Now I Only Obsess Over You.

"I used to obsess over living. Now I only obsess over you. Tell me you'd like boys like me better."
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Burning tears flamed beneath my green eyes and my vision began to grow blurry. But I was apathetic to my loss of sight. All I wanted to do was sink between my skies of silky blankets and let those clouds of pillows catch the rain of tears falling. Damn you, Patrick.

I still continued darting from the library until my body clashed into another. I looked up from my haze of sorrow. It had distracted me from seeing Pete leaning against his jet black Mustang that matched his hair and nails. But there he was, again. Seeing me in pain, once more. Genuine sympathy shimmered in his honey-glazed eyes as I collapsed in his welcoming arms. Bewilderment sank in as I just stood there, sobbing.

He must've came to a conclusion as he piped up, "What did the bastard do this time?"

I pulled away for a moment and searched his face for any kind of meaning.

"Don't call him that.” I spat pushing him off me. "He's not a bastard."

Then, Pete looked at me if I were a complete moron.
"Then why does he keep making you cry?" he asked sliding his finger across my cheek and catching a drop of sadness.

I swallowed back and began glancing across the ground to find words, but sadly none spilled from my lips.

"I tried to apologize, but he didn't accept." I explained with a scratchy voice as more water poured down my cheeks.

"Why would you have to apologize?” Pete questioned, truly confused.

"Because, I'm scum. We had that fight, and I was just... Unreasonable. I'm such an idiot.” I answered burying myself into another one of his hugs.

"No. You're not. You're not scum or an idiot or anything. You're perfect.” he clichéd, but I was truly touched. I'm nowhere near perfect and I still am marooned at Imperfect Avenue with no gas money.

Suddenly, his warm lips crashed into mine. I was unsure if he was this true all the time or if he was just trying to impress me with such devious charm. But, I didn't stop him. It felt quite nice. I let him deepen the kiss without one sign of pushing away or rejection.

After a few moments, we had stopped and I threw a hug on him. Behind his shoulders, there stood a furious Patrick with a look of betrayal steaming in his eyes. Anger burned behind the closed glass doors of which Patrick were standing. He stormed away as I released myself from Pete's hold.

Suddenly, a ring tone danced from my cell phone as I picked it up and across the screen read on simple word that made my already crumbling world, crash down: Hypocrite.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Naughty, naughty Saffy!
Hahaha, jk.

Thank you to ClandestineUntited, i_heart_cliches, and 2ndBestKiller for the fantabulous reviews.

Speaking of reviews, I have 456 reads, yet only like 5 reviewers. Either, FicWad has serious math issues or people aren't reviewing. Boo. :(

Nah, that's okay. But, I do enjoy reviews as much as any other writer on this site.

Oh, go read 'Poster Boys' by 2ndBestKiller. It freakin' rocks.

Sorry, this is a bit short. Promise either the next chapter or the one after that will be longer.

Have a good day everyone!

Comment/Compliment/Critique
Do with it as you like.
Sign up to rate and review this story