Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Good Enough

Chapter 6

by masquerade37 0 reviews

Dani gets to go on her first Cronus hunt.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-08 - Updated: 2007-10-08 - 580 words - Complete

0Unrated
"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!" Dani and Odie sat in the cafeteria at school sharing a plate of nachos.

"I'm guessing you like cheese?" Odie guessed laughing at the look of complete bliss on Dani's face.

"Mmmmmm, it's the best thing ever to be invented!" She took another chip covered in cheese.

"Well... I could name some better things..." Odie started.

A look of shock crossed Dani's face. "Blasphemy!" She said laughing.

Suddenly something started ringing. Odie looked at his belt and his PMR had light up like a Christmas tree. Dani was simultaneously taking hers out.

"Ya?" she said over a mouthful of nachos.

"Cronus has been spotted. Can you meet us?" Jay's voice was slightly crackly over the speaker.

"'ou go' i'," she swallowed hard. "Give us five minutes." She stowed her radio back in her pocket and stood. "Alas, dear nachos, we will meet again." She dumped the styrofoam plate andgrabbed her canvas shoulder bag.

Odie rose and grabbed his computer bag.

"This is cool, I've never actually fought Cronus before..." Dani said distantly.

"Lucky you," Odie said taking her hand. "We should probably hurry, it could be important."

They hurried to the janitors closet and Dani already her pendant out. She opened the door and closed it behind Odie. Odie felt a small rush being in a closet with her. She pulled the light switch and the portal opened.

"After you," Odie gestured to the shimmery blue wall.

"This thing always scared me a little," Dani whispered and jumped through.

Jay, Theresa and Neil were on the other side.

"Good, the others are waiting by the truck, we don't have much time, he could move at any moment." Jay said steering them in the direction of Hephestus' workshop.

When they got there the others were packing some menacing looking gear.

"Yikes, what are you guys packin'?" Dani asked looking bewildered.

"Just some stuff we might need." Atlanta took Dani's hand and started leading her to the armoury.

"Uh, where are we..."

"The armoury. You need a weapon." Dani stopped in her tracks and took her hand back.

"I'm fine thanks." She rubbed her knuckles.

"You sure?" Atlanta asked giving her a weird look.

"Ya, I'll take care of it."

"How?" Atlanta looked sceptical, she had her arms crossed.

"I like improvising with my surroundings." Dani said simply.

"Alright, if you're sure." They hurried back to the truck just as everyone was piling in.

Herry drove, Jay was in shotgun with Theresa between them, and in the back Archie was at the window with Neil and Odie in the middle, and Dani at the other window.

"It's go time." Herry said revving the engine and gunning it out the garage door.

******************

They pulled up near a gorge, a decent ways out of town. There was a small grove of trees on on side and a ledge that dropped straight down about seventy feet into a river.

Dani looked over the edge. "You'd hate to fall off that."

"Ya, and it's happened. I read about this one guy in the paper a few months ago who took a nose dive. They still haven't found the body." Archie said with a grusome tone.

"If you're trying to scare me, it won't work. I don't scare easily." she wandered back to the truck. "So how do we know when we've found him?"

"Easy, I find you." A deep man's voice came from behind them.

The spun around to see the face of Cronus.
Sign up to rate and review this story