Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Good Enough

Chapter 8

by masquerade37 0 reviews

Odie realises that Dani really does love Archie.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-10-08 - Updated: 2007-10-09 - 748 words - Complete

0Unrated
"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Odie heard another voice scream simultaneously. He looked to his left to see Archie running at full speed, then dropping to his knees at the cliff side.

Archie looked over with a look of terror written all over his face. He reached down and pulled back with a hand in his.

"Dani!" he pulled as hard as he could. "Are you alright."

When Dani spoke, she sounded as though she was in tears.

"Archie... please don't let go!"

"I won't! I promise."

Odie could see Dani's face emerge from the gorge, she was looking at Archie with wide eyes, and Archie looked as though he was about to cry too.

"Dani, hold on..."

"I can't..."

"Come on! Please don't let go... don't die." Archie whispered the last words as he pulled.

"Archie, Archie, I'm slipping, I..." Odie noticed one last look between them, a look that was so many emotions, all sad and pleading, as though... as though she loved him, Archie! Then her face disappeared and a scream echoed through the gorge.

Archie, sat back with a defeated look, like he had just been punched in the gut. Odie couldn't move. Dani was dead... and what was worse she may have loved Archie instead of him... He felt betrayed, and empty.

There was a crack, Herry had broken the door right off the truck. They all piled out with sick looks on their faces. No one dared look over the edge. Jay untied Theresa and Odie, but Odie couldn't move anyway. He felt like he was slowly dying inside.

They all just sat there for a moment. None of them could move. Then Jay stood up.

"We should go... find the body..." he knew it would be grusome and heart-wrenching, but it was the right thing to do for her, so Odie agreed.

"Ya, let's go."

They all piled into the truck and set off. They sat in complete silence all the way to the bottom. When they go there Herry spoke.

"I can't get the truck in there. We have to go by foot from here."

They all got back out and walked. Odie and Archie were near the front. Odie couldn't bear to look at him, he knew if he did he would kill him.

A few minutes passed and Theresa collapsed in tears. They all took another minute to mourn.

Odie sat far from the group in silence. He listened to the river, even it sounded like it was mourning, it flowed gently and had a morose tone to it.

He felt the tears start to fall and his entire body started to shake. She was gone. Even if she liked Archie better, she was still everything to him, the only relationship he hadn't killed. She was special.

He could hear her singing to him, just like she had that night at the club, was that only yesterday? He could make out every word.

"And I'm still waiting for the rain to fall.
Pour real life down on me.
'Cause I can't hold on to anything this good enough.
Am I good enough for you to love me too?"


He opened his eyes and sat up... it was her singing. She was singing, right now! She was alive!

He wasn't the only to hear it. Everyone was up and running as fast as they could. He and Archie had taken the lead. Side by side they ran, and then there she was! She was sitting on the ground looking at them. She jumped up and started running.

Archie suddenly passed him faster than Odie ever could go.

Odie stopped dead in his tracks. Dani had practically jumped on Archie and was crying into his shoulder. He had completely lifted her off the ground, and was stroking her hair. Odie couldn't move. It was true, she did love him. Odie felt himself die inside.

Archie had put her down and she was running for Odie calling his name.

She had him around the neck faster than the eye could see. He couldn't help but hold her he was so happy she was alive, even though, it wasn't him she wanted anymore.

"I was so scared I'd never see you again," she barely got the sentence out she was crying so hard.

"Me too," Odie said. He realised he was still crying too. "When we get back, can we talk?"

"Ya, anything you want." She was holding on like she didn't want to let go.
Sign up to rate and review this story