Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Walk Amongst the Stars Because You Shine Like One

Chapter 17-Treehouse Blues- August 1

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

Everything is falling into place.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-10-10 - Updated: 2007-10-10 - 750 words - Complete

0Unrated
Seven days and counting. I'm now officially freaking out. Do I have my tickets? Am I all packed? Am I ready to leave?

Brendan and I spent some more time with each other talking and not talking. I hadn't seen Pete in a while. He was jsut never at the recording studio. He was never at his house when I stopped by. Neither his sister or his mom knew where he was. He had disappeared from sight. Nobody knew where he was.

Except me. I knew.

It was nine in the evening I decided to sneak into the treehouse. As I bed stair after stair I heard the sniffling of someone who was crying. I peered my head over the top of the wood floors and saw Pete curled up on the floor my hoodie twisted in between his fingers. His body was shaking with silent tears.

"Pete?" I whispered.

Pete jumped up and stared at me almost frightenedly. He shoved the hoodie behind his back and stared quietly. "Kendra." He replied trying to make it sound like he hadn't been crying but his voice cracked and a tear rolled down his cheek.

"Pete, why are you crying?" I whispered.

He wiped his eyes. "I wasn't crying." He stated sounding like a little child.

I smiled half-heartedly and pulled myself into the treehouse. "Peter Panda, don't lie to me." I said crawling up to sit by him. He watched me wearily. "Why were you crying?"

He stared at me before sighing "Because I've screwed up again and now you're going away. Again."

I nodded "Ok, I wouldn't exactly think you screwed up but ok. Whatever you want to call it." Pete sighed sadly, I patted his knee "Hey. It's not entirely your fault. It's mine too. I'm the one running away. I'm the one that decided to buy the tickets. Don't blame yourself for something that I did."

Pete dropped his gaze i=to his lap as he silently nodded. I saw a tear drop onto his knee after it trailed down his nose. He looked back up.

"Don't leave me, Dra." He whispered.

I sighed and brushed his bangs away from his eyes. He closed his eyes as my fingertips brushed his cheek.

"I've got to go, Petey." I whispered.

He opened his eyes and sorrowfully stared at me. "But I love you."

I gave a bitter laugh "Do you?"

Pete shrunk back silently into a corner trying to hide himself from me. I sighed sadly.

"Petey, come here. I'm sorry." I pulled him from the corner and into my arms. He rested his head on my shoulder and I absently played with the hair at his neck.

"Petey, I'm going to leave in a week. You've got to let me go." I murmured.

He shook his head. "I couldn't let you go if I tried." He replied "That's how much I love you and I need you to stay."

I smiled sorrowfully. "I already told you. I can't. I'm going to leave there's nothing anybody can do to stop me."

Pete sighed. "Alright. I didn't think so. Brendan's already tried. He told me."

I smiled a true smile at Brendan's name. Pete noticed and sighed again.

"You have moved on. I waited to long." He whispered. I snorted in compressed laughter.

"Are you kidding? Brendan knows I haven't moved on and that no matter how much I love him now I'll always love you more. But he's learned to accept that." I replied. I felt Pete smile.

"He told you that?" He asked.

I nodded "Yep."

"Is that how you really feel?"

"Yep."

Pete fell into silence. He seemed to be content with the truth I had just whispered to him.

"Will you ever teel me where you're going?" he finally asked me.

I sighed. "I'll tell you what. When I got settle in and when I'm ready for everybody to know where I'm going I'll call you or write you or something to tell you where I'm at."

He nodded "Ok. That's good."

I smiled as he nuzzled his head deeper into my shoulder and took a deep breath. As he slipped into sleep I slowly was finding my way into a more comfortable position before I too fell asleep.

When I woke up the next day Pete wsa gone and so was my hoodie, the only way showing he was ever there were the tear drops still soaking into my shirt.
-------------------------------------

Yo. ejoy this chapter!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story