Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A few things you need to know about Madison Palmer

Stroll around the block

by cococrazy 3 reviews

--->

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-10-16 - Updated: 2007-10-16 - 1998 words

0Unrated
The coolness of the clear sparkling water smoothly gliding around her skin was inviting against the harsh heat from the Las Vegan sun that sat high in the sky that Saturday afternoon.

The past week had been hectic, being burdened with more tasks than she could take on or potentially handle whilst trying to make sure she lost as little sleep as possible.
Madison had been asked to be in charge of the decorations for the upcoming school dance, which meant she had to organise an event that she wasn't even going to attend.
What's more, she had to put up with Heather going on non-stop about said event aswell as constantly having to refuse to go when Heather and her other friends tried to pursuade her to.
What's so great about dances anyway? Girls make such a big deal out of it; making sure they get the perfect dress, have the best hair etc. Probably even imagining how the whole night would go. They make it out to be some utterly romantic event...slow dancing with the date of their dreams, as he whispers softly in her ear how much he loves her before pressing his lips against hers...
Per-lease.
You know what it's like for guys? Simple: 'Hey, maybe i'll get laid.'

He dumped her at a dance.
Jayden.
Who breaks up with someone at a dance?
No-one who has a heart or a single sensitive cell in his body, that's who.

At least one girl at that dance was going to go home with mascara tears running down her cheeks, thanks to some asshole who either couldn't keep his hands to himself or perhaps was too busy with his hands on someone else.

Overall, Madison would enjoy staying at home and swimming lengths in their refreshing pool more than out there witnessing some girl get her heart broken.

Madison always loved to swim. Her father taught her; he loved the water too.
When they used to live together, they lived near a beach which they would visit regularly.
It was her favourite place in the world. When she was very young her and her dad would do all sorts there, like building sand castles Not just any sand castles, the BEST type of sand castles. With moats and turrets and everything. Then when they were finished , they'd take a picture of it, and sometimes they would play monsters or King Kong and trudge through it, demoloshing it all.
Sometimes Madison would bury him in the sand, up to his neck and tease about leaving him there all day.
She realises now, that he could probably have just gotten up if he wanted to , but he pretended he couldn't back then.
They'd search rock pools for little creatures, like crabs. Madison used to have a strange tendancy to lightly kiss any creature that she found. And in her bedroom she still holds a picture in a frame of her standing in the sand in her shorts and t-shirt, with her hair in bunches, holding a tiny crab in her small cupped hands which she was pecking with her small pink mouth.
Her favourite time to visit the beach was at sunset. When the orange sun sunk, sending a golden glow across the salty ocean water, Madison and her dad would wade in it with their trousers rolled up, or play games standing in the damp sand waiting for the tide to come in and trying to ecscape from it at the last possible second.

She never went to the beach anymore.
They never went on any 'family' outings.
If you could even call them a family.

Whenever there was a rare moment when they were all in the house together at the same time, the house was so big that it really made no difference.

When Madison was slightly younger and first started living with Nigel and Megan, on humid summer days like these, when taking a dip in the pool to cool off, she would sometimes just lay there, face down on the water, until she couldn't hold her breath any longer and needed to come back up for air.
And as she lay she would stare at the glistening waves of light reflected on the pool floor and wander how long it would take them, her 'family', to notice if she never resurfaced.

Madison was brought out of her thoughts when she heard numerous voices drawing nearer. They were high pitched and sprinkled with girlish giggles, unmistakeable to that of her sister and the rest of her lip gloss wearing, self tanning, airheaded bimbo crew otherwise known as 'the Ally cats'.

It sounded like they were heading towards the pool so Madison quickly scrambled out of the water and wrapped a warming towel around her damp body.
Feeling snug in the condensing heat she made her way indoors through the glass sliding patio doors and into the spacious empty lounge, where she curled up on the sofa , flicking monotomously through the music channels on the TV.

It's not that she didn't like Alison Vielle and her robots, she just couldn't stand them.
Any of them.

Alison Vielle was a self-proclaimed 'it' girl. You know the type; pretty, attention-seeking and 100% fake.
She's one of those girls who learns how to control everyne around her.
One of those girls who always gets what she wants. Always.

Hilary Morter. Like Alison's right hand woman is oneway of putting it.
She knows everything about everything, and probably is just about the most untrustworthy person you'll ever meet.
But she's useful to Alison though. It's all part of her 'controlling' thing. When she needs to know something, Hilary's on the job.

Valerie Kendall. Like a wannabe life size barbie. Huge boobs, bleach blonde hair, and a wardrobe that seems to be made up of endlessly baby pink clothes.A total airhead aswell though, mind.

Then there's Georgia Camdem. She's the newest member of the Ally Cats. She joined about a year ago.
She's slightly wierd and hardly ever talks. She just follows Alison around like a puppy.
A pining, scared, tiny little puppy.

And of course, Megan Jenkins.
Ritch bitch. Those are the wo words most fitted to describe her.

Madison and Megan never tried to converse at school if they could help it.
They were two very different people, who came from two very different social groups, who just happened to be forced to live under the same roof as each other.

When Madison couldn't find any decent music to listen to , she instead made her way up to her bedroom to read a book.
Reading was another thing she loved doing.
Books gave her a freedomness that she longed. They were an ecscape out of her dull and barren life.

As she skimmed through the mini library which was placed unintentionally, but conveniantly next to her bedroom she finally rested upon an old favourite of hers and made her way back to her bedroom to settle down and read it.

The task though was soon proven hard when the sqeauling of the Ally cats voices drifted thorugh her open bedroom window.
She shut it but that soon proved to be a mistake when the roon started to fill with an uncomfortable sticky heat.

Giving up, she got off her current position on her large comfortable bed and opened up her double doored, step-in wardrobe.
It wasn't quite walk-in. For you couldn't do much walking. It had 3 sides and was a simple cube shape, split into tops, pants and the most common- dresses.

After getting changed into some denim capri's and a vintage styles corset top, she threw on a jacket and made her way down stairs an out into the crisp evening air.

An orange glow surrounded the streets as she made her way past the large black iron gate that sorrounded the front of the house.

She often came out at about this time. Usually because she was either fed up of being alone in the empty house, Megan was annoying her, or Julianne was having another social party with her stuck-up friends.

It was a nice time to sort out her thoughts as she strolled past the rows of practically identical houses.
A time when she felt no longer suffocated by the vigourous amounts of daily pressures that were bestowed regularly upon her.

Her thoughts were soon distracted though when she saw a car pull up in the Urie's driveway and Mrs. Urie exit it with girl who had a phone held to her ear.
The front door to the Urie's small but cosy house opened and Brendon tumbled out holding a guitar case, his father following him.
The girl hung up her cell phone and greeted Mr. Urie with a hug. Madison then heard a faint sqeaul of 'Brenny bear!' before she enveloped him in a hug and ruffled his hair, which he hastily patted back into place.
Two other boys, older than Brendon came out and greeted the girl with hugs too.
It seemed to be a family re-union of some sort. The girl was possibly a sister or something.

It was sights like these that Madison envied and watched in wistfilness.
The mum and dad fussing over the children, the sister fussing over her younger brothers.
A close and loving family, was something Madison missed very much.

But before she let herself dwell on it any longer she decided she'd better leave before Brendon spotted her.
She knew of his interest towards her. But he was cocky, and arrogant, and she knew he only wanted her for one thing.
Give him a chance, is what her friends would tell her.
What's the point? Chances were too risky. Brendon Urie was just another bigheaded, self loving member of the species placed upon this earth known as the male gender.
Sometimes she didn't really understand why he wasted so much time on her. He was popular with girls and could probably get anyone he wanted, but instead he ignores them and focuses on trying to get the one girl that refuses to go with him. Go out with anyone, for that matter.

Unfortunately it was too late and he spotted her as he started making his way out of the drive and up the pavement.

'Hey' He said, aproaching her.
'Hiya Brenny bear.' She found herself teasing.
'Oh yeah, that's my sister, Kira. She's coming to visit for a week.' He said , looking over his shoulder to where his sister was piling in the door with her suitcase.
'Cool.'
'So you going somewhere?'
'Not really.' She shrugged 'you?'
'Band practise' He said , indicating to his guitar.
'I didn't know you were in a band.'
'Yep, as of yesterday.' He said proudly. 'This is my first real practise. I'm pretty nervous.'
'Wow, Brendon Urie's nervous?' She said raising her eyebrows.
'Yeah, why are you finding that so hard to believe?' He asked with an amused smile.
'No reason.' She shrugged 'don't worry, i'm sure you'll do fine.'
'Wow, Madison Palmer is complimenting me?' He asked in a half mocking tone.

Madison smiled.
She hates it when he makes her do that.

'It wasn't a compliment, it was a reassurance.'
'Sure, whatever you say.' He said , doing a strange wiggling thing with his eyebrows.

There she was smiling again.
Damn him.

'OK Urie, well i'd better go. I guess i'll see you monday.'

She thought it would be safwe
'Oh OK' He said slightly dissapointed.'I guess i'd better go to my band practise. I'm already 15 minutes late. Not a good first impression.'
'15 minutes late?! Brendon what are you doing talking to me?.'

He shrugged and slung his guitar onto his other shoulder.

'Didn't want to miss the oppurtunity.' He smiled.'Anyway, catch ya later.'

And he left leaving Madison slightly bemused.
Sign up to rate and review this story