Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A few things you need to know about Madison Palmer

Band practise

by cococrazy 3 reviews

Brendon's first practise with his new band.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-11-09 - Updated: 2007-11-09 - 1174 words

0Unrated
'Sorry i'm late.' Brendon gushed rushing into the spacious yet cluttered garage that belonged to Spencer's deaf but dear old grandma.
'Dude, where have you been?' Asked Ryan, who was sat on a haggered stool behind a microphone.'We thought you weren't gonna show.'
'Sorry.' Brendon said again placing his heavy guitar down and unzipping the black case. 'I caught a bit caught up in stuff. My sister came to visit and ...yeah anyway.' He cleared his throat 'i won't be that late in the future i swear.'

Ryan made a skeptical face but then decided to just drop the subject, with a sigh.
'OK whatever, we've lost enough practise time already , let's get going.'

After they all got set up with their instruments and after a few explanations to Brendon at what he had to do and play, they finally got into practise.
Brendon screwed it up a couple of times but so did the others, and after all it was his first practise; it was too be expected.
But as soon as Brendon started singing on the backing vocals, Ryan immediatley stopped singing and looked at him.

'What?' Asked Brendon with a confused look on his face at the way the boy was looking at him 'did i do it wrong?'
'No, your voice, i just didn't expect that.' Said Ryan.
'Oh...Is it really bad?' winced Brendon.
'No it's fine. It's quite a bit stronger than mine. I hope that it will sound OK together. Anyway let's go again, ready...'

'You know what?' Said Ryan once they had finished practising the song 'Brendon your voice is way better than mine.'
'Come on..'
'No seriously. You've heard my voice, it sucks. What do you think Spence?'
'I agree..not that you have a sucky voice but Brendon's is really quite good.'

Ryan paused for a moment scratching his chin.

'So...do you think it would be better if we made Brendon lead singer?'
'Me? Seriously? Lead singer?' Asked an astounded Brendon.
'Would you mind, Ryan?' Asked Spencer from behind the drum kit.
Ryan shook his head. 'No. It just depends what's best for the band.'

Brent stroked a strand of hair behind his ear. 'Yeah i think he should be.' He grunted with a nod.

'OK so it's unanimous, Brendon would you mind being lead singer?' Asked Ryan.
'No, i guess not.' Shrugged Brendon.

They decided to finally call it a night and Brendon zipped his guitar back up in it's case and made his way into the night air, pondering over the new sudden appreciation of this apparantly good singing voice of his that he never knew he had.

He soon became quite excited about the prospect of being the lead singer of a band.
Soon enough his brain was filled with visuals of him prancing around a stage in front of thousands of cheering girls...

He liked the music that his band made. Even though he had only really gone through one song so far.
But it sure was a good song.

But he decided he'd better not get too carried away with the whole idea.
As if he, Brendon Urie was ever going to be famous.

He had almost reached his house when something made him stop in his tracks.

Madison was sat on a wall, her head bent down. It looked as if she was reading something.

He wondered over to her.

'You've been out here all this time?' He asked.
Her head snapped up in shock.
'Oh Brendon- what, no, i wen't home and came out again cos' Julianne had friends over and she always has this annoying habit of making me stay and talk to them which is wierd when it's obviously the last thing she want's me to do, but i suppose it's just show off about her 'little doll' as she calls me infront of them and to actually prove she does infact have-'

She stopped suddenly realising exactly where she was and who she was talking to.

'Anyway' she said clearing her throat 'How was band practise?'
'It was good.' He said sitting down next to her.

To be honest he was quite taken aback by her curtesy towards him so far.
It wasn't like her to seem remotely interested in him and she never asked him questions, specifically not the sort to really start up a conversation between them both.
And the fact that he sat down next to her uninvited , yet she didn't protest against it made her seem even more out of character.

'I went in being the guitarist and came out being the lead singer.'
'Really?' She asked raising her eyebrows 'i didn't know you have a good singing voice.'
'Neither did i.'

They paused in silence for a moment.

'So what are you reading?' He asked looking at the book spread in her lap.
'Underoath twilight.' She said, lifting up the front cover to show him.
'I love that book.'
'You've actually read this book?' She asked sceptickly.
'There you go sounding all surprised again.' Said Brendon.
'Sorry i just didn't think you were the book type.' She shrugged.
'Hmm well there is a lot you don't know about me then. But wait..'
'What?'
'Underoath twilight is a romance.'
'So?'
'Well i thought you weren't into that stuff.'
'Maybe not for me. But if it's fictional characters being left heartbroken then i can accept it.'
'Some romance stories can have an happy ending Madison, maybe you just look for the ones that don't.'

Madison didn't reply to this, but just refocused her eyes of the pages of writing infront of her, though she wasn't really reading.

'Anyway.' She said 'what are you doing reading romance novels?' She asked.
'Well i am a very romantic person.' Said Brendon in an attempt at a french accent, making Madison snort.

Brendon sighed. 'OK i had to do a report about it in my last school.'
'Figures.' Said Madison rolling her eyes. 'So your not really the book type.'
'Actually i am' He said defiantly. He paused. 'You know Madison, it wouldn't hurt to get to know me a little better.'

Madison sighed, but was saved a reply when the front door of the uries house across the street opened and Brendon's mom stepped out.

'Brendon!' She called 'Come inside and have some dinner.'
'Coming mom!' Brendon called back. He jumped off the wall.
'I guess i'll see you later then.' Said Madison.
'Sure will.' Said Brendon, picking up his guitar and walking across the street to his house which was emitting a warm and inviting cosy glow.

He glanced over his shoulder, but Madison had her head bowed, already absorbed in her book once again.
Sign up to rate and review this story