Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A few things you need to know about Madison Palmer

The smoothie hut

by cococrazy 0 reviews

Brendon just keeps poppin' up everywhere

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-12-05 - Updated: 2007-12-05 - 1747 words

0Unrated
'But you HAVE to go.' Whined Heather.
'No, i really don't think i do.' Said Madison whilst studying a skirt.

They were shopping at the mall; her, Heather, Katie and Kimmi and they had brought up the whole dance issue again. Her friends could not seem to comprehend or accept the fact that Madison just was not going to be attending. She didn't see what the big deal was, it was just one dance. All this stupid build up to it and it would be over in a few hours anyway.

Heather was probably the most persistant, plus the most excited about the upcoming dance. Most likely because Torin Gray had asked her, a guy she had been crushing on for the past couple of weeks now, and in Heather land that is an extremely long, record breaking time for how long she's fancied somebody.

'Why are you so intent on me coming?' queried Madison as she replaced the skirt and instead wondered off to study shoes.

The shoes seemed to counter as a distraction for Heather as she immediately rushed over to inspect a pair of high heels.

'Because' Katie said 'It will be so much funner with you there and we just know that your going to have a good time.'
'Oh do you now?' Said Madison scepticly.

'Do you think i should buy these? To wear to the dance?' Asked Heather , holding up the shoes she had been inspecting.
'But you don't even have a dress yet.' Said Kimmi.
'True.' Sighed Heather replacing them.

But after this she decided to turn her attention back to trying to pursuade Madison to go to the dance.

'No' Madison said firmly for what seemed like the 50th time 'You lot are fine, you will all have dates, and i''l be the lemming left in the corner by the buffet table for the whole night.'
'But you could get a date.' Said Heather 'Any guy in the whole school would jump at the chance to take you. You know it.'
'But i don't want a date.' Said Madison, now inspecting some shoes for herself.

Her friends all sighed in defeat. They knew once it got onto the topic of Madison dating it was a lost cause.
Two years they had spent trying to tackle it and they had gotten nowhere, and were learning to accept that they never will.

The rest of the shopping trip was spent talking about other things. Just fussing over new clothes etc.
After they had all purchased their new items Kimmi suggested they go to get a smoothie at the smoothie hut so with a shrug of their shoulders they all agreed, entering the hut with their shopping bags and standing in the que at the counter.

Only after about a minute spent queing Madison felt a hard jab in her side which was caused by Katie's bent elbow.
'Ow.' Said Madison, stumbling 'what?'
'Look' Said Katie pointing up to the counter.

Madison's gaze followed the direction in which Katie's finger was pointed at to find none other than Brendon Urie stood behind the counter in a hat and apron pouring the smoothie mixtures produced from the machines into the cups and handing them to the customers.

'Brendon!' Sqeauled Kimmi as they approached the counter. Kimmi leant over and flung her arms around his neck. He smiled as he hugged her back but his eyes focused on Madison causing his smile to break into a grin.
Kimmi loved Brendon. Not in a boyfriend/girlfriend way though. You see the thing you have to understand about Kimmi is that she loves practically everyone, and treats everyone as if their her best friend. She's taken a particular shine to Brendon , ever scince he joined Summerlin high, and is therefore as keen as he is about getting him together with Madison.

Madison was hoping to maybe slip away and get a seat before Brendon noticed her, but Kimmi had plainly ensured that wasn't going to happen.

She didn't know for sure why she was always so keen as to not talk to Brendon. She assumed it was partly because at times he could be an arrogant ass but she also thought it was because her meetings with him were getting too frequent for her liking now, and that if things continued, he would start getting hopeful, and that was NOT what she wanted. He had this extremely annoying quality about him which was that he was a very hard person to ignore, and that some how or another he always managed to get her talking to him , and that she did not do with many guys. The less interaction she got with them, the better. If she made talking with Brendon Urie a common occurence he may start to think that she's interested, which, she can assure you, is not at all true. No way, no how.

So the moment the grin broke out on his face when he spotted her she decided that she absolutely must do as little interaction as possible.
If she lowering the amount of conversation between the two, then Brendon might finally get the message that she has so urgently wanted him to get; that she is not going to date him. Not ever.

'I didn't know you worked here' Said Katie.
'Uh-huh' nodded Brendon 'only recently.'
He paused and looked Madison in the eye 'Hey Madison.'
'Hi.' She said in what she hoped was a off-hand way. She turned her head away from his gaze and instead started to study the slightly battered smoothie menu that was pinned on the wall to her left.
'So-' He started to say
'Strawberry and kiwi for me please.' Madison interjected.
Brendon seemed slightly taken aback but took the others orders anyway.
When Brendon handed her her smoothie she got out out her purse but he gently pushed her hand holding it towards her in protest.
'Free of charge.' He smirked.
As Madison opened her mouth to protest, or even ask why, she stopped herself, knowing that her reply would be urned into some full blown conversation thanks to Brendon; it was something he was very skilled at.

So she meerly raised an eyebrow and shrugged before taking the smoothie and sitting herself down at a table where she was shortly joined by her friends.
'Someones PMSing.' Said Heather sitting down beside me.
'I am not PMSing!' Madison argued 'It's just you know, Brendon...'
'He is SUCH a sweet guy.' crooned Katie turning her head to look at him where he was busy serving other customers.
Madison gave a snort of disbeleif.
'What? You don't think so?' Said Katie.
'Well...no.' Madison shrugged.
'Howcome?' Asked Heather.
'He's just so....full of himself don't you think?'
'But he's a really, really nice guy. Y'know if he wasn't so in to you then i would try it.' Said Heather, taking a sip of her smoothie, a dreamy look on her face.
'Well he's all yours.' Said Madison.
'Aw look, he's looking.' Said Kimmi who was sat opposite her.

Madison resisted the automatic urge to turn her head and look over her shoulder at him.

She really wished that this current conversation about Brendon Urie would stop. Her friends, as much as she loved them, hassled her about enough stuff, now they seemed intent on making her like Brendon.

Luckily, the sight of Alison Vielle and Jayden Matthews breezing through the doors caused a distraction.

'Look who it is.' Said Heather bitterly.
She loathed Alison with a passion, and Jayden aswell- for Madison's sake.
Well, she claims she does, but Madison still noticeds her swoon whenever he comes near her.
Like practically every other girl he comes into contact with.

Then the doors to the smoothie hut happened to open once again and this time Madison was surprised and slightly disgruntled to find Megan enter, along with the rest of the ally cats and Liam and Steve, who were like Jayden's followers.

'Ew, all the people i hate most in the world.' Grimaced Katie.

'Iite Brendon!?' Boomed the hard to miss voice of Liam.
'Hey guys.' Said Brendon, but rather unenthusiastically.

Most people in Brendon's situation would probably be slightly embarrased to be seen working in a smoothie shop by the 'coolest' kids in school, but not Brendon. It was the fact that you could tell he couldn't care less that made Jayden's crew and the Ally cats not blink an eye at such a thing, and it went unmentioned, whereas if it was anybody else they'd be having a riot of a time about it.

Once they had all gathered their smoothies they sat at a table nearby Madison's and unfortunately they noticed her.
'It's Madison!' Cried the ass which is Steve
'Madison! Will you go out with me!?' Liam called mockingly, leaning across Steve.

He seemed to find this the funniest thing in the world.

Madison just glared, whilst Heather flipped him off.

Luckily they left them alone after that but Madison had the feeling Alison was whispering about her by the way she was talking quietly with Hilary and kept glancing in her direction.

Madison hated being talked about, but it was something she had to learn to get used to because it became so common.
She was the talk of the school.
Scratch that, she was the talk of of Summerlin.
She would just shrug it off usually,let them spend their time talking about her life because theirs were so pathetic.

Worse than being talked about behind her back is beinn talked about falsely, behind her back.
Rumours, she loathed them.
There were so many flying about her that she couldn't keep up.
The ones she did know about however consisted of the following;
- She's a lesbian
- She sees a physciatrist every wednesday
- She has an STD
-That she was pregnant but had an abortion
-She injects heroin
-She's attempted suicide a total of 3 times by overdosing on pills.

Not at all the nicest rumours to have going around about you.
But the best thing to , she found, was to just laugh at them.
Find them funny.
Because the day she lets them get to her, is the day she gives up.
Sign up to rate and review this story