Categories > Cartoons > Xiaolin Showdown > The line between good and chase

leaving the temple

by momo_is_juicy 0 reviews

Kimiko must say goodbye to her xiaolin ways..

Category: Xiaolin Showdown - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Chase Young - Published: 2007-11-16 - Updated: 2007-11-17 - 440 words

0Unrated
A/N: pants okay im back!

Chase had given me the golden tiger claws to get there and back. When I'd bitterly asked him why he didnt think I would escape him, he'd smiled and said only "My pets always come when they are called." The lion-gaurds he'd "given" me were very quick to agree, especially in his prescence.
So it was that I arrived in front of the temple, tears in my eyes and cats at my side. The glimmer of the cerulean temple rooves shone like a gem in the sun, like the water streaming from the fountain in the courtyard,like the orb of tornami flying toward me. A small "eep" leapt from my mouth as I narrowly avoided the shen gong wu. Five seconds later my once fellow monks rushed out of the tall temple entrance. "KIMIKO!" they cried in unison. Omi wrapped his tiny arms around my legs,Rai took my waist and clay gave me a hug from behind.
I was home...or I would have been...
"Guys,"I sighed, managing to pull away from the tangle of limbs "I have to tell you all something."
Suddenly they all seemed to notice chases fallen warriors at my side "Kimiko...?" omi's face fell as his gaze searched my shamefull blush.
After I told them the whole story (cutting out the part about just why i wanted the aiko scepter and opting for the old "Baddies are Baddies") silence fell like a heavy storm over them. Finally Master Fung spoke up as he walked across the entrance "I am sorry Kimiko," he said in a voice filled with anguish "but as a xiaolin monk you must honor this wager." I bowed, half to show him respect but mostly beause I could'nt stand the hurt on their faces. "I know..." I murmered. Suddenly something brushed against my bare calf. I gasped and looked down to see that one of the jungle cats had set my luggage at my feet. "I should go." I whispered. Speechless, Clay was the first to hug me goodbye.Then Rai, whose tears I felt as they dropped from his face onto mine. Last came omi, who I half-bent to meet. As his head came down on my shoulder I heard him whisper "Remember, things are never as bad as they appear." I inhaled deeply and nodded, wishing silently that the tears in my own eyes would vanish.Withdrawing the shen gong wu from my robe I waved once last goodbye to my friends,my master, and my old life. Knowing that when I stepped through the glowing portal everything would forever change.
Sign up to rate and review this story