Categories > Original > Humor > Five Minute Soap Dish

Week 49

by johmichaels 0 reviews

The penultimate chapter-Gia and Steve meet-but will it end happily for the pair?

Category: Humor - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2007-12-01 - Updated: 2007-12-02 - 906 words - Complete

0Unrated
Week 49

“All right, I’ll head out now,” Steve called out to his flatmate as he grabbed a coat and walked to his front door, “See you tomorrow Tristan!”

He opened the door and was startled to see Gia standing there, looking equally surprised.

“I…I was just about to ring-“ she said, unnerved, trying it again, “I was just coming to see you.”

“I was going to…going to your place to see you,” Steve answered, “What did you want to see me about? Did you leave something here?”

“No, nothing like that,” Gia answered, “Look, can I come in? I’d really prefer to talk about this indoors.”

“Sure,” Steve said, holding the door open, letting Gia walk into the living room, “Look, sorry about last night.”

“You’re sorry about it! I was the one who leapt at you, and threw up on you. I should be apologising.”

“Yeah, probably. Grab a seat on the sofa.”

“No, I prefer to stand,” Gia said.

“Okay. But, anyway, about last night-I guess that’s why you came here.”

“Yeah, of course.”

“Well, I just wanted to say, I’m happy to forget about it if you are,” Steve said, “We had a good night together as friends, let’s just forget about anything we’d preferred hadn’t happened, okay?”

“That’s how you feel?” Gia asked, looking shocked.

“Well, don’t you? We only recently started trying to not hate each other-we probably shouldn’t jump into anything too quickly. Plus, we both know what alcohol does-it was just your drinks talking, not you,” Steve answered, “You look disappointed. This is what you want, isn’t it?”

“No, I mean, yes. It’s just that, I’m a bit surprised. Last night you liked the idea, and you’ve been trying to convince me you loved me for a while now.”

“Yeah, I know. But maybe this friendship thing is attractive to me. It could really catch on, y’know?”

“Yeah, I know you’ve changed. I mean, most guys would’ve taken advantage of me last night. You didn’t-even though you knew you could. It’s great to know I can trust you like that, Steve.”

“Aww, shucks,” Steve smiled, blushing, “You’d think you like me, or something.”

“Yeah, exactly,” Gia mumbled, but Steve didn’t hear her.

“Good, we’ve cleared all that up. Anyway, I’ve got a work do happening in a few hours, so I might head out. Catch up with you in the week, okay? We’ll do lunch,” Steve said, then noticed Gia was still looking disappointed, “We’re agreed, right? Last night didn’t happen. That’s what we want.”

“Yeah,” Gia mumbled, then found her assertive strain, “No! That’s not what I want. Not this time. I don’t want to ignore last night. Something happened between us, and maybe I want to find out what that was.”

“Nothing happened between us, Gia. I’ve already forgotten it, so should you.”

“I can’t! I mean, last night I wanted to sleep with you.”

“You were drunk.”

“Yeah, I know, but…I’m not now, am I?”

That definitely put Steve in his place, shocking him to the core. “You mean, you feel this way now?”

“Well, kind of. Nothing’s that clear, you know?” Gia asked.

“God, tell me about it.”

“I do know I don’t love you, Steve,” Gia explained, and quickly clarified as she saw Steve’s disappointment, “At least not yet. But, there is something between us, and if you still want to, I’d like to see what it is. See where a relationship would take us.”

“But…but you hated me…and I hated you. And when I actually changed my mind, you hated me even more, and you’ve just left Mark, and-“

“There’s a lot of shit going around I know,” Gia said, “But…you have changed, and so have I, and maybe these changed people we’ve become, could work together, have a relationship together. It might not be perfect, but I want to give it a try, okay?”

“If you sure, if you’re absolutely sure you still want to consider an arse like me,” Steve said, “I can have us a table at Gertrude’s in under an hour.”

“I thought you had a work do?”

“Natasha can cover for me,” Steve said, “So...are you sure?”

Gia nodded.

“Are you really sure you’re not just using me as someone to rebound against?”

Gia rolled her eyes, walking to Steve and passionately kissing him.

“I’m not a child, Steve, I know what I want. And I’m sure of what I want. And what I want is you, and I’m sure of it.”

Steve smiled, “Good. So let’s go.”

“Can’t we wait here just a little bit longer?” Gia said, smiling, “It seems like we’ve been rushing all over the place for days separately, it’d be nice if we spent some rest time together.”

“Sure,” Steve said, then laughed a little.

“What?”

“Nick and Kelly. They’re going to hate this.”

“Fuck ‘em,” Gia gave a smirk.

“Yeah, fuck ‘em both,” Steve agreed.

Gia smiled wickedly, “In fact, I might just call them and say exactly that.”

Steve’s smile grew even wider, “I like you, naughty Gia! I really like you!”
Sign up to rate and review this story