Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Seconds Counting Down Until I See You Again

Chapter 14-Fixed Necklace, Broken Friend-July 10

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

You knew it was going to happen, it's only an upward ramp now.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-05 - Updated: 2007-12-05 - 1086 words - Complete

1Moving
I ignored Pete as much as I could until I was forced to converse with im which wasn't often. Pete continued to get skinnier and seemed to loose the will to live. The bags under his eyes got bigger and Ashlee refused to see he was dying.

"Petey is going thorugh a depression phase. The whore over there made sure to make it that way." She would snap whenever someone asked her why Pete wasn't feeling well. Her eyes would search for mine making it utterly obvious that she was blaming me for Pete's even more lack of attention for her.

For the first time ever she was right. I felt horrible but I continued to blame Pete for my mistakes. And he knew, he knew I was trying to blame him. That's why he was dying.

Finally, after about an hour of trying to avoid all conversation and Pete's gaze I got up and left. Amy and Leslie reluctantly stood up too but I told them they could stay. I can walk from the recording studio to my house. I needed to think anyways.

Pete followed me through the studio and then, as I turned right, he turned left and I was finally alone.

At least I thought I was alone. Only five minutes after Pete had left, a car pulled up beside me, slowing down to fall back in line with me. Pete was driving.

"Kendra." He called. I refused to say anything to him but, feeling like I had to, I stopped and turned my attention to him.

He sighed and pulled a box out fo the passenger and handed it to me though his window. Slowly I reached out my hand and grabbed the box. Before I decided to say something to him he zoomed off in the direction of a near-by Best Buy.

"I looked back at the box and opened it, my hands shaking as I pulled the top of the box off. I gasped and a tear trickled down my cheek.

It was an exact replica of the necklace Pete had given me four years ago. He had gotten me another one.

I plucked it gingerly from the box and fastened it around my neck. It felt good against my collarbone, like a long lost friend found. It felt right.

It was then I realized what I had jsut lost. What I had given up. I wiped my eyes for fresh tears had just crawled down my cheeks. Pete wasn't mine any longer.

I kept the box when I got home. Jodee asked if I wanted to play a game but I politely declined. When I got to my room I tripped over a pile of dirty clothes that probably hadn't been washed the entire three years I was gone. The box flew from my hands and burst it's contents all over my floor. Paper with words scrawled on it rested at my head. I saw a signtureI had seen many a time in my yearbooks and now on e-bay.

Pete.

I unfolded it and sat on my bed ignoring the mess I had made.

'Dear Kendra,

We meet again. This is probably the last time I'll talk to you.
'

What? What does he mean?

'I know you're angry at me for pretending not to know about our affair (if you even want to call it an affair. I never really broke it off with you)'

I gave a small laugh. It was true.

'I just wanted to say I'm sorry for breaking your heart and for making you cry. I wanted to say I hope you will forgive me after time and I wanted to say I'll love you forever even if you don't.

I wish I could say more but I can't. Just remember me.'

'Love,
Pete
'

I sat pondering the letter for almost 10 mintutes. What does he mean? Why would he apoligize now? He sounds like he's writing a--

I gasped. A suicide note.

"Oh my God." I murmured and I jumped over the pile of dirty clothes and flung open my door. I raced down the hall and down the stairs before colliding with Jodee.

"We have to get Pete. NOW!!" I screamed. Jodee didn't ask any questions but followed me to the car.

I forced my cell phone into her hands and told her to call My Chemical Romance, Panic! At the Disco, and the rest of Fall Out Boy as I drove as fast as I could to the nearest Best Buy.

Pete's car was sitting in the parking lot. His gas light was on and I saw, from the reflected light on the dashboard, taht he had a bottle of sleeping pills in his hand. An empty bottle of pills.

"Oh my God." Jodee whispered. She dialed 9-1-1. I kneeled down by the door and slowly opened it. Pete tumbled out, unconcious, and almost not breathing.

"Peter, why did you do this?" I whispere, a tear trickling down my cheek. "I-I love you."

Ambulance sirens sounded and cold, white hands pulled me away from Pete's almost lifeless body.

"No! No! Let me stay with him! Go away! Lete me stay with Pete!" I screamed pushing the doctor's hands away.

Amy and Leslie ended up pullng me away and holding me until my body shook with silent tears. Rebekka wrapped her arms around me. Brendan placed a kiss on my cheek and told me Pete would be alright. He loved me too much to leave without a word. The suicide note crunched up in my hand seemed to weigh a ton. He had already said his words.

the ambulance drove away with Pete, still unconcious, in the bakc. Jodee grabbed my hand and led me to the car.

"Come on. You should get some rest." She whispered.

I shook my head "No, I couldn't go to sleep even if I took--" I choked on the words sleeping pills. My throat tintened around the remainder of the words I tried to say. I began to cry again.
-------------------------------------

The whole time I was typing this I was a)crying (I know sad, ain't it?), b)typing really fast when she found out it was a suicide note.

It was like I had never read this before.

Sorry about the bad ending, the origional ending was worse though. I cut out about a page of dialouge.

Grab tissues, dry your tears like I'm drying mine, and enjoy.
Sign up to rate and review this story