Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Only Think In The Form Of Crunching Numbers___x

Chapter 12: Where Is Your Boy Tonight?

by VikkiMole 3 reviews

I knew that I had to make this better. I knew that I had to get revenge. Not for me. Not for Hemmy. For Patrick.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2007-12-09 - Updated: 2007-12-09 - 1299 words

0Unrated

After about four hours of ‘making magic’ as Joe called it, we had a snack that Joe’s mom had prepared for us, pb & j sandwiches. Aparently we’re twelve. I didn’t mind. It was nice. My mom would’ve never done anything like that for me. So, we retired to the comfort of Joe’s room in which was the biggest star wars figures collection I have ever seen.

‘So…’ I start, mouth full of bread, ‘You’re .. what… seven years old’

He had a batman bed sheat for god sake.

‘Jealous much?’ Joe snorted

Why does everyone always say that? I shrug it off.

‘I’m 17 actually thanks’ He laughed, ‘Grandpa’

‘I’m only five years older than you!’ I complained

Andy smacked the back of Joe’s head.

‘I’m practically the same age as him asshole’ Andy growled

Joe whimpered and rubbed the back of his head.

‘You can’t pick on me’ Joe whined, ‘I’m the baby of the group’

‘Baby’s right’ Patrick giggled, playing on a gameboy he found by Joe’s bed

‘Trick…’ I sigh, he looked up at me, ‘He’s the same age as you’

‘Nuh uh’ Patrick retorted, concentrating on his game, ‘I’m 18 on April 27th’

I shake my head, just over a week away. I’d have to get him something good. I know I hadn’t know him long but I suppose I should still get something for him. 18 is quite an important age. Snapping out of my daze, I realise that everyone’s staring at me again. I guess someone asked me a question I haven’t answered.

‘Huh?’ I ask, they laugh.

‘I said, Do you want to go back to the apartment?’ Patrick repeated himself, ‘I mean, Joe’s going out with his folks and Andy’s working later so…’

‘Oh..’ I nod and get to my feet, ‘Sure..’

It wasn’t long before we were back in the car and Patrick was stretching out in the passenger seat, stupid smile on his face. I could see it out of the corner of my eye.

‘What?’ I ask, laughing

‘Nothing..’ He snorted, ‘Just .. had no idea’

‘No idea .. what?’ I retort, bewildered

‘You played an instrument’ He nodded

‘Furthering my suspicion that you think I am an old man’ I sighed

‘You caught me..’ He giggled, I tried to punch him but missed, making him laugh harder

‘Okay then, smartass,’ I laugh, ‘What instruments do you play?’

‘Umm’ He counted them out on his fingers, ‘Guitar, drums, keyboard and trumpet.’

‘Jesus..’ I said under my breath, ‘Hey.. Where is your guitar?’

‘I left it in the apartment..’ He smiled, ‘I hardly ever use it actually… It’s kinda important to me’

We pulled up in front of my building and almost instantly I knew something was wrong. The curtains of my apartment were closed. I never close them. Jumping out of my car as quickly as I could, not bothering to lock it, I run towards the entrance. Patrick followed, running with me up the stairs to my apartment. Out of breath, reaching the door, it was open wide.

The room was a mess, my tv tipped over, coffee table smashed. I only worried about one thing. Hemmy. I could hear him crying in my bedroom. Rushing over to my injured pup I picked him up the second I found him. He whimpered when I gently touched his side, clearly someone had kicked him. He was curled up at the top of my bed below the open drawer of my bedside cabinet. The drawer was open. My mind blanked and a sick feeling hit me. The drawer was open. My hands shook as I leaned closer to investigate. The drawer was open. My pills were gone.

Anger built up within me. Trying to calm myself down I took deep breaths. Not helping. I kicked the drawer hard, causing it to break surprisingly easily, also making my lamp fall off and smash. Great, all that I needed. All I could think was, that bitch! Not only has she ruined my apartment, that I could deal with, but she stole my medication. She knew they wouldn’t give me more. This of course means that I’d have to go for two whole weeks cold turkey. Honestly, I was afraid. I saw what going one day without it had done to me. How would I survive the week?

I was distracted from my selfish thoughts by sobbing coming from the room next door. Dropping Hemmy carefully onto my pillow, I walked slowly into Patrick’s room. It was dark with the blinds down and light remained off but in the dim light from the lounge it reflected off of a tear running down his cheek. In his hands he held the remains of his accoustic guitar. The neck snapped off, the strings broken. Broken completely, just like the boy who held it. Shamelessly crying into his sleeve, clutching onto his smashed instrument as if it were a child. I dropped to my knees beside him, wrapping my arm around him.

‘Trick…?’ I began, he shook his head

‘She… How…’ His sentences lost to his grief

‘Trick…’ I try again, he still looked down at his loss

‘My… My grandmother… she … bought it for me… before she died…’ He croaked, sucking in air, ‘It’s…all I had left… of her…’

I felt my face redden as my anger returned. I couldn’t let her get away with it. Not this time. It was one thing that she was screwing with me but now she got my friend involved. She’s already tried ruining one life, she wouldn’t get Trick. Forcing myself to my feet, I rubbed Patrick’s back comfortingly before flicking my phone out of my pocket. I walked out into the lounge and ripped the curtains open. Bringing up her number it rang twice before she finally answered.

‘Hey babe’ She purred

‘You are sick’ I hissed at her

‘Thank you baby’ She laughed cruelly

‘Don’t call me that you whore’ I growled, close to exploding

‘What’s wrong baby?’ She purred again, ‘Have you forgotten to taken your pills?’

‘Listen to me bitch…’ Air rushing maddly from my nostrils, like a cartoon bull, ‘Keep the pills, I hope they manage to make you happy at least.. But you’ve taken it too fucking far now… What the fuck do you want from me?’

‘What have you got?’ She snorted, hate seething from her

I sighed, defeated.

‘Please…’ I beg hoarsly, ‘Stop this…’

‘Sorry babe’ She screeched, ‘No can do’

I tried to stay calm, really I did but I couldn’t bare it any longer.

‘Look, you can hurt me.. Destroy me.. Whatever your tiny brain wishes of me but…’ I pause, squeezing my eyes closed, ‘Don’t you ever hurt my dog or my friend again or I swear I will fucking decapitate you’

‘You’re lucky I don’t sue you’ She screeched again, ‘You’re ugly mongrel bit me.’

‘Good, I hope you get rabies’ I hang up on her and throw my sidekick down.

I rub my temples. She always gives me headaches. I stood in the doorway and watched as my friend cried his heart out. What felt worse was that all I could think about was how hard this was on me. I just watched him, unable to help, knowing nothing I could say could console him.

‘We…could get it fixed’ I offer, he shakes his head

‘Like… I… can … afford… that…’ He answered sarcastically

I knew that I had to make this better. I knew that I had to get revenge. Not for me. Not for Hemmy. For Patrick.
Sign up to rate and review this story