Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Seconds Counting Down Until I See You Again

Chapter 20-Wendy, I love you!-July 27

by rejected_smurf_god 3 reviews

Wendy is nice...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2007-12-19 - Updated: 2007-12-19 - 1232 words - Complete

0Unrated
We pretty much went back to our old ways. Ignoring each other. No matter how many questions Amy or Leslie asked me or how many confused looks I got from Pete I remained silent only speaking when I was spoken to.

Their first concert came and went. It was at Bonner Springs*, KS and since Amy couldn't understand how to pronounce it we all started calling it 'BS', Kansas or Boner Springs. It gave us all entertainment and even a smile flew across my face. Amy and Leslie came on during Dance, Dance and danced like toal whores with Patrick and Joe but I remained on the sides of the staged wishing I could just get over the fact that after all these years I've told myself I'm moving on I didn't and when I love him again he leaves.

At least he'd be happy.

Pete gave me frequent looks over and small, grimace like smiles but didn't wave me onstage. He just danced by himself.

I think I was ok with that. Was I?

When I worked the merch counter many people recognized me. You wouldn't believe how any "Hey are you the chick Pete's with?" I got.

Of course not dipshits. I wouldn't be back here selling second-rate tee-shirts if I was 'with' Pete.

"Um, excuse me is Pete around here? Or Kendra?" I heard someone ask as I trned my back to them.

I turned around ready to snap I didn't know where Pete was but I heard my name and I remembered that voice...where had I heard that voice?

"Rebekka?" I squealed "Hey! Are Ryan and the rest of the guys here?"

She nodded. "Yeah, but they're probably being attacked by fans and I would rather stay out of that."

I laughed "Would you like to help? Back here with the tee-shirts I mean."

Rebekka nodded.

"That'd be awesome."

I let her back and offered her a bag of goldfish I had been snacking on when sales were low.

"Goldfish?" I asked.

She took one and examined it "Why do they call them /gold/fish? They're orange not gold."

I shook my head, laughing, not even bothering to answer. That was the Rebekka I knew.

We sold what seemed to be about 1,000 shirts, 200 bobbled head Pete figures**, almost 20,000 buttons, and 50 necklaces. Apparently my necklace is just like the others. Not anything like that beautiful 14-carrot diamond gold ring that Pete had gotten for this woman I'd never met.

I had slipped into a little world all my own and didn't notice Satan himself trying to get my aattention until he slapped the counter making me jump.

"Finally! Hey Kendra, you're back!" Pete said. "The Panic! guys are here and are wondering if you would like to join them and us to a dinner at th VERY posh resteraunt, Wendy's."

I smiled despite the aching of my heart as Pete's beautiful hazel eyes looked into mine.

"Okay." I murmured. I looked around for Rebekka, "Where'd-?"

"She left ten minutes ago, Dra. You alright?" He asked placing a gentle hand on my arm.

No,I love you and I want the wring that you've got for someone else and I'd raather spend my Friday night with you. Just you. Were we could talk and be the teenagers we wished we could be four years ago.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

He stared at me. He knew I was lying. He knew. He knew. Damnit Kendra, pull it together.

"Let's go to Wendy's." I murmured.

He led me to a red toyota and opened the passenger door.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

He jumped at my voice even though he had been looking right at me.

"Uh, they're at Wendy's. They won't eat without us." He replied.

I nodded and then reluctantly slid into the passenger seat , my heart beating hard in my chest. Alone in a car with Pete. You could cut the sexual tension in here with a knife.

He turned on the radio but My Chemical Romance was playing and he hastily changed it as involintary tears of missing friends appeared in my eyes.

After landing on a station that was playing The Beatles' "All You Need Is Love" and another radio station playig Natasha Beddingfield's "These Words (I Love You, I Love You)" He turned the radio off.

I stared out the window watching the people whiz by along with the homes that had been abandoned of love and trees withered and old soaking in the summer sun, beautiful in their own way. It made my heartache at the thought.

A littel piece of me thought that Pete was taking me to Wend's but no one would be there and, while it's not the most romantic, he'd propose his ever lasting love to me and ask me to be his forever.

But, alas, no.

Brendan was set as look-out and jumped up happily as he saw us pull into a parking space.

"Thank God you came! We're all starving, Joe's beginning to hallucinate Patrick's a hamburger and the girls keep complaining about how they are not anorexics and need food substance of some kind." Brendan took a deep breath. I giggld involentarily. He glared at me.

Pete led me into the Wendy's and the largest table containing Joe, Patrick, Andy, Nadia, Amy, Leslie, Maxine, Rebekka, Ryan, Spencer, Jon, and two unknown girls (probably fans). They all cheered at seeing me.

"Thank God we're starving!" Joe said. I saw Patrick cower in the chair next to him.

I gave my order to Spencer and caught up with the girls. The two unkown chicks were fans who had won tickets and backstage passes on the radio. Their names were Sarah and Emma.

Emma had a 'think' for Pete. She instantly went on my list of people I shall kill including: Paris Hilton, Ashlee Simpson, Bush, and anyone who lets their kids run around department stores and resteraunts.

Sarah was more of a Patrick girl but at least she didn't have a 'Pete's future fuck friend' shirt on, like Emma.

We caught up on juicey news but when it moved onto me an Pete I suddenly had to go to the bathroom and when I came back the girls had movied onto a different subject.

When the guys came back with our food Pete was forced to sit beside me. His knee bumped into mine and for the few couple of times I thought it was an accident but by the 50th time (but no one's counting) I knew it wasn't.

I couldn't help but smile at that.

Mrs. Pete-Stealer, whoever you are, I still have him. He'll never be yours, I'll have him soon.

---------------------------------------

Hey look I made a guest appearence in my own story!

*= I actually did that, me and Sarah went to the Bonner Springs concert in Kansas and when I saw the sign I was like, "Boner Springs? Why would you want to call it Boner Springs that's a stupid name." and Sarah just looked at me and went "Emma, it's Bonner Springs." Dumb blonde moment for me.

**= They had those at the concert I would have gotten one but they were $50 and my mom just wanted to buy me a shirt that only cost $25. So I was outta luck. It was sad but I got a tour shirt!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

Enjoy!
Sign up to rate and review this story