Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > We're trapped and well concealed

Part 9

by brittanyxbroken13 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2007-12-21 - 1027 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pete's POV

I woke up to Anna's phone ringing on the side table. I looked over at her. She was still asleep. I sighed and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Uh, is this Brittany?"

"No, I think you have the wrong number. Do you mean Anna?"

"Who is this?"

"It's Pete, who are you?"

"Nevermind. Just tell her that Ray called, alright?"

Whoever Ray was, he hung up the phone. I stared at the phone. What the hell? I put the phone back onto the side table, but I didn't lie back down. I sat on the edge of the bed in silence for awhile before Anna groaned from beside me. I felt her hands wrap around my waist and her lips brush my lower back.

"Hey baby." She said, her voice heavy with sleep. I removed her arm and stood up. I picked up her phone and tossed it to her. it landed beside her.

"Ray called." I said, sitting in a chair against the wall. I looked at her, waiting for an explanation. She looked back at me with her intense blue/green eyes.

"When? What did he say?" She asked.

"He said to tell you he called." I said, trying to keep my cool. "Except he called you Brittany." Her eyes filled with understanding, and, fear.

"Fuck." She whispered. I waited for her to say something else, but she didn't.

"Well?" I said finally. She sighed.

"I have some serious explaining to do."

"Yeah, you do." I agreed. She sighed again.

"Well," She began, "My real name is Brittany Lyn. I changed it after.....after I broke up with Ray."

"So you went out with him?" I asked. She nodded. "How long?"

"Seven years." She said quietly. "But it should have been alot shorter. He was a prick. I hate him," I snorted.

"Obviously not, if he's still calling you." I snapped.

"Let me explain first!" She said sharply. "I met him in the eigth grade. We started dating after a few months of friendship. I'm not going to lie, I was incredibly happy. But it all changed in Grade 12. He started doing all sorts of drugs after he got cut from the hockey team. Heroine, Crack, Acid, LSD, everything you could think of. At first I resisted, just drinking. I only drank to keep him off my back about being a goody-goody and threatening to break up with me, or hit me. He hit me a few times, but I always blamed myself. He always apologized afterwards, saying how much he loved me and that as long as I didn't make him angry, he wouldn't hurt me. I was 17. He was all I had ever known when it came to relationships. I just thought what we did was normal. But then, one night, when I had drank too much and was passed out, he injected me with heroine. I didn't even feel it. I just woke up the next day with a strong sense of want, -no, need,- for something. When I told him he laughed and then told me what he had done. I was so angry, Pete. And scared. I broke up with him, but that didn't last too long. He was able to get the word to all the local dealers not to sell me anything, so I had to eventually go back to him. It's true what they say about hardcore drugs like Heroine. One hit and you're hooked." She sniffed and wiped her eyes, lowering her head so I couldn't see her face. I waited. After a minute or two, she kept going.

"So I went back to him with my tail between my legs. He laughed at me and called me everything you could think of, telling me hw worthless I was. But in the end he gave me what i wanted. For a price....." She said the last part so quietly I had to strain to hear her.

"Money?" I asked. She shook her head and gave a strangled sort of laugh.

"I wish." She said. "No, not money. My body." She whispered, her head going even lower. Now alot of things made sense. When I first met Anna, or, Brittany, she had been super shy about her body.

Flashback

"This date was a good idea." Anna whispered. I nodded my agreement.

"Yeah, it was." We had stopped walking and were standing outside her hotel room. She fiddled with her keys, looking at her shoes.

"Well, I better go inside." She giggled. I laughed kind of akwardly. She turned and opened her door. Before she went insdie, I grabbed her wrist and turned her around, pressing my lips against hers softly. I pulled her into me, but she pulled away.

"What?" I asked. She blushed.

"First date....?" She said unsurely. I laughed.

"You are something." I said. She smiled.

"Goodnight, Peter." She said, closing the door softly.

Enf flashback

"So thats why you were so shy about......" I said softly. She nodded.

"All those times you would pull me into you, or try to get me to sit in your lap when we were alone and joking around, it reminded me of all those times when....he......" A tear rolled off her cheek and landed on the bedspread. It was ture. We hadn't done anything, er, 'serious' until yesterday night in the hotel room. I went ans sat beside her.

"Is that why you wanted to wait? You were afraid I would end up like him?" I asked quietly. She nodded, sniffling a few times.

"I wasn't sure if...if you would hurt me like he did." She said. We sat in silence for a ;little while. "So....... we went on like that for 3 years. And the next thing I knew, Ray cheated on me. I got even worse after that. Then, my family got me into a treatment center, and I left Ray for good. I was so scared that someone on the street would recognize me that I changed everything about myself. My apperance, my address, my phone numbers, my email, even my name." She finished. "I was afraid I would see him again."
Sign up to rate and review this story