Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > We're trapped and well concealed

Part 18

by brittanyxbroken13 0 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2007-12-21 - Updated: 2007-12-21 - 1326 words - Complete

0Unrated
Pete's POV

I woke up the next morning to find myself alone in the bed. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes. The clock said it was 9:30 AM.

"Anna?" I called. No answer. Listening closly, I could hear the shower running. I smiled and threw a pair of sweat pants on before walking towards the bathroom. I was outside the door when I heard Anna's voice float over the shower curtain

"And Id give up forever to touch you
cause I know that you feel me somehow
Youre the closest to heaven that I'll
Ever be
And I dont want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
cause sooner or later its over
I just dont want to miss you tonight

And I dont want the world to see me
cause I dont think that theyd
Understand
When everythings made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"

She turned off the shower and I saw her hand reach out from the side of the curtain and grabbed a fluffy white towel off the rack. She continued humming Iris by The Goo Goo Dolls as she dried herself off. She pulled open the curtain to reveal herself wrapped in the towel. Her hand flew to her mouth when she saw me.

"Jesus Pete! You scared me! I thought you were still sleeping!" She scolded as she stepped out of the shower and picked up her folded pajamas off the sink. I followed her back into the bedroom and sat back down on the bed as she busied herself dressing in tight grey jeans, a black and hot pink spotted spagehttii-strapped tank top with black lace on the bottom, a hot pink hoodie, and hot pink slip-ons. Then she came and sat beside me on the bed, resting her head on my shoulder.

"You sing really well, Anna." I said, kissing the top of her head. She chuckled.

"You heard me, huh?" She asked. I nodded.

"You're good! How come you never sing anymore?"

"I used to. I was in a band, even. My best buddy Steff -you'll meet her when we go to British Columbia- used to drum. I played bass and sang, and our friend Chelsea -who is ALSO in B.C with Steff, the three of us shared an apartment there before I took this job. It was after I changed my name and I needed to escape from Toronto,- played guitar. We had a pretty big fanbase on the underground scene. We played bars and even a few smaller venue shows." She explained.

"But...then why did you stop?" I asked, puzzled. She sighed.

"Chelsea was in university getting a degree in theatre arts, Steff was apprenticing to become a tattoo artist, and I was working as a Nightime English teacher at the community collage. Our hours were too conflicting to practise, and when the weekends came we were too wiped to play shows. I was marking work, Chelsea was DOING work, and Steff was sketching and designing tattoos and pictures. She did the one on my lower back." She explained, tracing the tattoos on my arm. I pulled the blanket up to our waists and slid back onto the pillows, pulling Anna down with me.

"So call them up and start again! When we get to B.C we'll pick them up and you can be another opening act!" I exclaimed. This was one of my better ideas. "Did you have a name?"

"Yeah...we were called The last to Prevail... but I don't think I could sing in front of everyone again! I'm not even that good!" She said unsurely. I opened my eyes wide in shock.

"Not good! Anna, you're awesome! You're sure as HELL good enough to play live again! You guys would make the show so much better!" I assured her. She sat up.

"Okay, for ONE, you haven't even heard us, and for TWO, they have lives you know! Steff owns a tattoo shop, the MOST FAMOUS in B.C, for your information. And Chelsea is working on filming a TV show. It's about Audrey Hepburn, sort of like a documentary. Chels is playing Audrey! I can't ask them to just leave what they've worked so hard for! Those are THEIR dreams. We aren't stupid kids anymore, Pete. I was the only one who wanted to make it big. They were just doing it for fun." She said, a sharp tone in her voice. "Why are you so hellbent on getting me on stage anyways?"

I sighed angrily and sat up as well. "Because you're good, okay? You have a fucking AMAZING voice and I know that for a fact. You have some serious low confidence Anna."

" CAN YOU BLAME ME?" She screamed, getting up and walking towards the door. She turned around and glared at me. "ALL MY LIFE I'VE BEEN TOLD I WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH, OKAY!"

"BUT YOU ARE! SO WHY CAN'T YOU ACCEPT THAT!" I screamed back. She stared at me in silence for a moment.

"Maybe I don't want to be good enough. Maybe I don't want to be discovered or some shit like that. I don't want to be seen or found by anyone. Not fans, not my family, and especially not....Ray." Her voice was shaky and higher-pitched then usual. She turned back around and left, slamming the door behind her. I sighed and sunk back into bed.



Ryan's POV

"Where the fuck are they?" I muttered to myself, searching through my pockets. I was looking for my car keys. The coffee that was in the hotel rooms was terrible, so I decided to go and pick up some REAL coffee. I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking, so I was extremely surprised to collide with someone. I looked and saw a very distressed looking Anna picking herself up off the floor. "Ohmygosh, I'm so sorry Anna!" I said, helping her to her feet. She sniffed and wiped her eyes.

"It's okay Ryan. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. My fault." She mumbled, side-stepping me and continuing down the hallway. She looked too upset to be left on her own. I caught up with her and put a hand on her shoulder. She turned around. "Yeah?" She asked, her voice wavering.

"What's wrong, Anna?" I asked her. She buried her face in her hands and shook her head. Her body shook from a muffled sob. I wrappe my arms around her in a hug. "Anna, what is it?"

"Ryan, I fucked up bad. Me and Pete got into a fight over some stupid part of my past and now he's going to hate me." She cried. "He's been so understanding, but every time he wants me to do something, Ray stops me."

"Um, pardon me for asking, but who is Ray?" I asked, very confused. More sobs shook her body as she told me everything. The drugs, the forced prostitution, how she escaped, and how he found her again in Toronto and the text message he sent her last night. Then she told me about Pete asking her to sing and the argument they'd had.

"I told him I couldn't go on stage because I was afraid of Ray finding me." She finished, wiping her eyes and lifting her head from my shoulder, which was now slightly damp.

"Anna, I've known Pete for a while now, and he doesn't hate you. There's no way he hates you. He's had his share of a fucked up past, and he'll understand. I rpomise." I told her in a soothing voice. She nodded, wiping her eyes again. "Now, why don't you come and get coffee with me? It will give you time to calm down." She smiled and nodded. We linked arms and walked towards the parking lot oor.
Sign up to rate and review this story