Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > When Glamour Calls For Pleasure

So, In This Hour...

by ModKidMC 0 reviews

what's a girl to do?

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2008-01-28 - Updated: 2008-01-29 - 680 words - Complete

0Unrated
seven: So, In This Hour

After a while, she calmed down, her eyes red and puffy from the shallow tears. An ice pack pressed to the back of her head, nursing the lump from when she fell, as she lounged across the couch. She still couldn’t believe that she had cracked, broken down into tears and all right in front of him. Her dreams had made it seem like all they’d ever be was just a sexcapade. But reality…made it seem…like something more. The cold droplets of water from the melting pack made her groan.
“Shit,” she muttered as she took it into the kitchen and tossed it in the sink carelessly. Dawn slid down the counter to the chilly tile in which she sat on, gripping her head in confusion. She felt like something was missing. Something within her. Something….
Rrrringrrrring.
She rushed to her feet and answered the bus phone.
“hello?”
“Dawn, honey. It’s Jorge.” The last voice she’d wanna hear right now. “How’s tour, darling?”
“Fine, just..um… great.”
“Well, where are the guys? I don’t hear them, sweetie.”
“They’re..somewhere.”
“Well get one of them to the phone. We need to talk business.” Jorge jeered.
I clicked my tongue and went to go find Spencer, hoping he would have forgotten earlier. Heading towards the direction of the bathroom, I heard mumbling from the other side.
“How could I have not known? I mean she hides her feelings well and she‘s…”
The water stopped as her lips curled into a smile.
“beautiful. Of course.. she’s a model. And I’m just Spencer, the guy she cries on and admits everything to. She probably doesn’t wanna get attached to someone from the strip. She thinks I actually might leave her.
Dawn pressed her back against the door, sighing solemnly. Where the hell is this? I mean.. how could he think something like that? I admit everything to him, and was thinking about giving my heart to him. I give my heart to Average Joe’s all the time, but was just a meaningless fling they set up. Spencer cares…at least, I think?
“Hello?” the phone blared. Dawn had almost forgotten Jorge was waiting. She rapped at the door in urgency. It opened to reveal Spencer standing in only a towel, which only covered his lower half. Things were quiet between the two for a moment, then she spoke.
“It’s Jorge.” she held the phone before her. Spencer took it, then began talking.
…..
“Uh huh.”
….
“Okay. We’ll be there at nine tomorrow.”
…..
“Uh sure. We’ll go.”
…..
“Thanks. Bye.” Spencer hung up with a click and handed the phone back to her. “We’re going to a staff party at the Golden Dragon in Traverse. You up for it?”
“What choice do I have? Jorge always wants his models at those things.” she answered, “And if I don’t show up, I could be fired.”
“It seems like you and Jorge are pretty tight,” Spencer commented.
She looked at him with sarcasm in her eyes, “Are you kidding me? He’s one of the most arrogant photographers I’ve ever met.”
“Why do you say that?”
“Because when we do photoshoots I get no breaks, I can’t eat or else I’ll ruin my figure. I binge eat for God’s sake.”
He eyed her now in a new way. He became remorseful, “I’m really sorry to hear that.”
“He’s the reason why I can never keep a serious relationship. When he thinks I’m getting too serious with someone, he always tells me ‘glamour before pleasure, their happiness before yours.’ Sometimes I just wanna shove him into his own grave.” she groaned infuriated. Spencer rested a hand on her shoulder, acting on instinct. Dawn faced him at the touch, waiting for an answer to her prayers. He seemed to go speechless as her light blue eyes gazed at him with somewhat a sparkle. “Yes?” she said, just simply waiting gracefully
Sign up to rate and review this story