Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho > a vampire?! (hiei story)-1

chp 3

by unlucky13 0 reviews

...

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Hiei - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-02-09 - Updated: 2008-02-09 - 1595 words

0Unrated
NO RECAP!

Kurama was driving. "Now Yumi, don't worry. We won't let you kill anybody," Kurama said. I sighed and leaned my head against the window. This was so not fair (at least you don't have to change your name) yea, but you don't understand, I'll really try to kill people! (I won't let that happen.) Thanks I guess.

It was pouring outside. I personally didn't care but Kurama handed me a umbrella. "No getting wet," he said. I sighed and nodded. We stepped up the stone stairs and headed for the office. I smelled the sweet blood. I gulped nervously. Please, PLEASE, don't let me kill anybody. We walked into the room. My eyes went wide. The smell was so much stronger here. I bit my lip.

Kurama was talking but I couldn't hear. There was only the smell. Hiei wrapped his arms around my waist. (are you okay? You look like you're about to faint) I-I c-c-can't hear.. My thoughts were even scrambled. Hiei was practically holding me up. The principal pointed to me. Hiei kissed my hair. My eyes widened and everything became clear. I could hear voices.

"..Is she alright?" he asked. "Y-yes," I said, "I'm sorry, I forgot my inhaler at home and I felt an asma attack coming but I'm better now." Yusuke looked at me surprised. I gave him a reassuring smile. The principal nodded and handed us out schedules. It was just as Koenma said. Me and 'James' had the same schedule. We went to our first class which was AP Calculus.

I had an idea. I just wouldn't breathe. That would stop the blood from reaching my senses too much. I stopped breathing and stepped into the room. The teacher introduced us and gave us two seats at the back of the room. Hiei actually paid attention. I frowned. Why bother? (I don't know your human schooling, I don't know any of this) Are you kidding? I took this stuff 4 years ago! ( How the hell does this stuff work?!) I'll tutor you at home.

Out of all the classes gym was the hardest. Mainly because I always had to be near someone. The coach was all about teamwork. Also this was an all girls class which meant there was no one to stop me from killing one of these girls. Finally school was over. I practically ran to the car. Hiei came a few minutes later. "How can you stand the guys at home?" he asked. " I can take one or two humans at a time, but that place is crawling with them," I said. Kurama had told be to keep my hair down today. I hated it!

I always put my hair in a ponytail or at least a braid so it wouldn't get in my way. My hair went past my mid-back. Hiei was looking at his AP calculus book with a lost expression. "What..the..hell?" he said. "As I said, when we get home I'll help you," I said. He sighed and nodded. I really want to sleep. Kurama got in the car followed by Kuwabara and Yusuke.

(The rings under your eyes are really purple.) Yea, I really want to sleep. (Maybe Koenma could give you some help) maybe.

The ride home was silent except for the small talk comments from Hiei. I had forgotten about the conversation from the other day. "Hey, can I use you as a pillow?" I asked. Hiei frowned and said, "I suppose so.." I leaned on him, closed my eyes, and stopped breathing. Nope. As awake as ever. We pulled into the driveway. Koenma was on the screen when we got home.

"Good Evening Detectives! How was your first day?" he said in a cheery tone. "Blood," was all I muttered. He nodded. "Well at least in will build up your resistance. By the way, I know what you were thinking, and there is a way you can sleep," he said. I raised an eyebrow. "Hmm?" "I'll even make it where you can sleep every night," he said. "What's the catch?" I said narrowing my eyes.

"Only 2 conditions. First, you have to be nice to me," he said with a triumphant smile. "Your already pushing your luck," I said. "And secondly, you have to sleep in the same room with someone. Not in the same bed, but room. I asked my father to allow you some lenience," he said. My eyes widened. "That's it?!" I asked. "Yup," he answered. " I love you Koenma!!" I yelled and attempted to hug the screen. It was true, not having dreams for the past 3 years was driving me off the deep end.

I smiled, immediately in a happy mood and ran up the stairs 2 at a time. Then I realized something. Aren't all the other people in the house guys? Oh yea.. Well F*ck! Who would let me and not try any funny stuff. I considered Kurama. He was polite and sweet. But back when I was human I used to talk in my sleep and I knew myself better than to think I wouldn't be embarrassed. Yusuke? No thanks. Kuwa- no way in the seven hells. I guess I'll just have to ask Hiei.

(ask me what?) I bet you heard. (no I just started listening.) ok well, will you sleep in the same room with me? (sure, but I like my room so you'll have to sleep in my room) that's fine, thanks Hiei. (no problem)

Yay!! I pulled my mixed music CD out of my bag. I had had this CD for over 5 years. I put it in the stereo and turned it up all the way. I felt like dancing. I hadn't ever really tried since I was 10. I knew back then I couldn't dance and no one wanted to watch. I smiled. No one's watching. I started to dance. I sang along to the music and moved to the hypnotic beat. It felt like 10 seconds when the lat song ended. I laughed and felt to my knees.

I felt really small, like when my sister would come home totally wasted and turn up her techno. I looked at the ceiling and let the tears fall. My sister. I really missed her. She was how old, 26 now? Huh, maybe I should visit her, as long as she wouldn't tell anybody else. My grandparents had such plans for my future, then I'd disappeared. I didn't feel like I could face them. I was too weak.

I shook my head. All the past, it's over and there's no changing it. I went to my dresser and realized I didn't have any pjs. That's right, before I didn't need them. I went across to Hiei's door and knocked. "Hn?" was all the response I got. I opened the door and stood there frozen. Hiei had just stepped out of the shower with a towel around his waist.

I shut the door, my mind not comprehending. I opened in again to see him give me a weird look and I shut it again. For the first time in 3 years I felt as if I should be blushing, maybe even a nosebleed. I knocked again. "yes you can borrow some sweats and a t-shirt," he said through the door. I walked in. He was a little better now, he had on some boxers and was pulling a t-shirt over his head.

"Th-thanks," I mumbled as he shoved the shirt and sweats into my hands. I turned and ran out of the room. Kyaa!!! I didn't really think when I was picking who I was staying with! I shouldn't sleep in the same room with a hottie!! I leaned against my wall. Nice Yumi, real nice. I took a quick shower and pulled on the clothes he gave me.

I grabbed my book bag and headed for his room. I didn't even knock this time when I opened the door. He was sitting with his Calculus book in front of him. "Need some help?" I asked. He nodded. "Wow, their starting us off with 7th grade work Hiei, you really don't know how to do this?" I asked. "I can add, subtract, multiply and divide," he said. Unlike me, he could blush. I smiled. "Well we've got our work cut out for us, let's get started."

~FF 2 hours~

"Ahh!! My brain hurts!" Hiei was holding his head. "Well we just finished so you can rest your mind. Besides, it's not like we did much," I said. He gave me a surprised look. "How can you say that?!" "All we're doing is combining systems…" I said trailing off. He rolled his eyes and fell back onto his black carpet. I laughed. "It's 10:30," he said sighing. I nodded. "So.. How exactly are we sleeping?" I asked. "Well as you can see my room isn't that big and I don't have a couch. Do you mind sleeping in my bed?" he asked. I gulped. No of course not. I only nearly saw you naked earlier.

"Good," he said. No!! I forgot he could read minds!! He smirked. (Don't forget next time) Damn it. He stood up and crawled into the bed. "Why is your bed so tall?!" I asked. "I dunno, I like it that way," he answered shrugging. The top was above my waist. I hauled myself up and ripped back the covers. I was really happy. I finally got to sleep.

I leaned back against the pillow and closed my eyes. As soon as I did that I began to dream..
Sign up to rate and review this story