(#) PerfesserN 2008-02-13Yep, definitely caught the holodeck reference there - then again I own three TNG Uniforms (all Sciences blue, of course).
I’m reminded of the TNG episode “Elementary, Dear Data,” in which the holodeck creates a character capable of defeating Data.
I wonder if the safeties on the Room of Requirement can be disabled. . .
If I were composing a musical score for this fic I would be moving to the sinister minor key at this point.
If anything the Dark Lady is even more vicious than her male counterpart. Then again, we remember what Kipling said about the "Female of the Species."
Author's response- Orestes is going to comment that they have a holodeck next chapter...
- The actual trek reference I meant comes from the own (I can never remember titles) where Warf's old girl friend (and future mother of his kid) visits for the first time, and is using his workout program that involves kicking alien butt. She kills most of them when he arrives and finishes off the last one. She makes a comment about it not being all that challenging, and he says "Computer: Level 2" Ah the things that stick in your mind.
- As I see them, there are no safeties on the ROR. The Room's Riddle was required to train Harry to face Riddle. If the Riddle shade killed Harry, that would not fulfill his requirements, so ROR Riddle can't kill Harry. Anyone else in the room with them on the other hand...
- With the Lady Riddle, I'm making a minor attempt to bring off a competent Riddle. Not a JBern level competent, but not an idiot either.
- I am really enjoying this story. I kind of wish the chapters were a bit longer, but I love the idea of Voldemort training Harry. Can we add more interaction between the two?
A situation where he is forced to train Harry could be great for conversation and insights to himself to help Harry survive. Not to mention it could be somewhat humorous.
Hope to see more soon!
Author's response- More interaction coming up next chapter.
- Hmm, I rather wonder who's going to be more upset when they find out about Harry's training, Blanche or Thomasina? I'm certain the Headmistress will probabaly try and interfere when she finds out while the Dark lady will just try and kill both Potters that much sooner.
I liked the way Harry & Luna are developing a real relationship. It bodes well for his eventual adjustment. Clearly both now have a deeper level of friendship, and more, from having successfully fought those Deeters off (we can hope Lucille gets suitably rewarded for her loses).
It will be interesting to see how Harri & Orestes react to this even, as well as to how the male Umbridge does when dealing with both Potters.
Finally, it does appear that Bones and Moody are taking somewhat more interest in Harry than their equivalents in his home worldlind; 'twill be interesting to see what eventuates from that.
Author's response- I would think that both would be equally upset with what he's doing which is only one of the reasons he isn't going to be telling either of them
- I'm trying to get the relationship to flow realistically, where it ends up, who knows? Though Luna is going to REALLY appreciate her birthday present...
- While I'm trying to paint Tommi-girl as being smarter than Tommy-boy, she really isn't a people person and the Death Eaters don't really have a HR department. Losing all five of her troopies (to a pair of school kids no less), this early in the recruiting process will probably not be appreciated...
- Harri gets a gift next chapter as well, then she will begin training with Harry and Tom. Orestes will worry about his freind and his girl, but not necessarily in that order.
- Umbastard isn't going to be at Hogwarts... there are too many witnesses to Riddle's return to sweep it under the rug, AND she is actively killing people so the Ministry isn't doing its ostrich impressions. Which isn't to say that a Ministry Approved and certified Defense instructor isn't at school... Perhaps one that looks down on those not pure of blood and has problems with the 'weaker sex'...
- I just want Bones to act like the professional (s)he was supposed to be, and for the bad ass he was supposed to be the canon Moody was awfully passive and subservient to Dumbles...
- Lets NOT make this Harry Potter too much of a 'mary-Sue' here. What I mean is if he's here to defeat the female Voldy-thong, I think that Harriet has to be more involved as its her fight here more than him. He's there obviously to help, but also to get back to kick his voldy-short's balls up his retum!
Author's response- I've never been clear on what a Mary-Sue is, nor the Harry-sue I've frequently been accused of writing for that matter.
- To be clear, Harriet isn't sitting in the background braiding Orestes' hair. She has been doing what she needs to do to prepare herself as best she can for what is coming. What she's been doing hasn't been on camera because she isn't the focus of the story
- Harry will be introducing her to his Voldie in a box next chapter and she will be training both with him and on her own as time permits.
- The fight with the Dark Lady is indeed hers. This doesn't mean that Harry is willing to be a target. If attacked, he will respond.
- Harry is not going home. He will not be fighting Voldemort.
- I wonder what Dumbledore (and the rest of the non-Auror Wizarding World) will say about Harry, now that he's killed someone. What did Harriet do during the attack? Do we know any of the captured DE?
Did the Minister (is it Fudge, here?) try the character assassination on Harriet that happened summer of book5? I might have missed it - how does Hedwig react to Harry?
Author's response- People are going to have problems wrapping their minds around the concept of a violent man. Most (including Dumbledore and the Dark Lady) will believe that Luna did the actual killing.
- After a lovely afternoon with Orestes, Harriet found out about the attack when they returned to the castle.
- No, Lucile took Random Minions 1 through 5 on the junket.
- Minister Fudge judged that there were too many witnesses (three, vise one) to ignore the return of the Dark Lady. That and this Riddle didn't hide following her return.
- I hadn't really thought about Hedwig. Have to think about that.
- What's happening back home, anyway? I wonder if Albus Dumbledore is trying to find Harry, or if he'll just groom Neville as replacement. At this rate, AD will end up with the Deathly Hallows after all.
Do Harry and Harriet have identical wands?
I'm really enjoying this story - I keep having more questions...
Author's response- Harry's original reality will not be shown in this story... I am plotting a sequel though...
- Yes. I haven't decided yet what happens when three 'sister wands' (remembering what universe this is in) react to one another.
Sign up to review this story.