Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Like A Shadow He Stayed Close, Watching My Every Move

From Silent Dreams We Never Wake

by x_iero_addiction_x 4 reviews

“I had a dream last night” Gerard started, “And Mikey was in it”

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2008-03-14 - Updated: 2008-03-15 - 1252 words

0Unrated
So it’s been like 5 days and I’ve already updated, makes up for the 3-week wait for the previous chapter doesn’t it? Anyways I hate the start of this chapter. But whatever, it had to be written somehow. Have fun with it



Whatever this thing was with Mikey, I needed to know. He couldn’t just have guessed Mikey’s name, I mean what are the chances? Besides Gerard has been acting strange ever since Mikey turned up in class. Gerard never kept anything from me; I never kept anything from him. He knew he would have to tell me, eventually.

Gerard sighed quietly before looking up at my face.

“I had a dream last night” Gerard started, “And Mikey was in it”

I gaped at Gerard, confusion beaming in my eyes.

“So you dreamt about a boy last night who turned out to be a new student at our school today?”

“Yeah” Gerard said softly.

“That’s kind of freaky, it’s like you saw the future or something. I didn’t even know you could dream”

“Either did I”

“Well I mean that’s not that strange. Its like a really accurate case of de-ja-vu yeah?” I said optimistically.

Gerard looked away from my eyes and stared at he’s feet that hung off the bed.

“There’s something else though,” He said still staring at he’s feet.

“What?”

“In my dream, you are Mikey were in love”

In love? Gerard had a dream about me, He’s boyfriend being in love with another boy. What is that suppose to mean, does he think I don’t love him or something? I’ve never even met Mikey before today, there’s no way I would be in love with him. Besides Gerard’s the only person I love, how could he dream that I love someone else? It’s just not right.

“Use were kissing and touching and.. And I thought it was just a dream. But then he just appears at fucking school” Gerard said tears sitting dangerously in he’s eyes.

“Gerard” I said sympathetically moving myself closer to Gerard and wrapping my arms around he’s body “ It was just a dream, don’t worry I love you not Mikey. I love you”

It was just a dream right? It means nothing. I mean there’s no way I would ever leave Gerard. It’s shocking, Gerard doesn’t even have dreams but now he’s dreaming of me with another guy, a guy who just happens to come into our life the day after. Is this meant to mean something? Why does everything have to be so damn confusing?

Gerard now had tears falling slowly down he’s face.

“Listen to me, I love you. Not Mikey, you. It was just a dream, I promise that this doesn’t mean anything,” I said, almost choking on my own lies.

Gerard smiled and turned so he was facing me. He leaned forward and pressed our lips together. As we softly kissed I couldn’t help but worry, Imaginary or not things like dreaming of the future don’t just happen.

Gerard broke away for a second and repositioned himself so he was sitting on my lap, he’s legs laid either side of my hips. He pushed my body down against the bed and began to kiss me again; he’s hands pulling at the bottom of my shirt.

All my thoughts and worries soon disappeared as so did my shirt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frank; 8 Gerard; 9

Frank was sitting with Gerard in he’s bedroom. He could hear he’s Mother screaming at some guy downstairs. Frank didn’t know who the guy was; He didn’t understand why he came home with he’s mother last night either.

Things had been a lot like this lately; something had changed in he’s Mother. Instead of he’s caring Mom who would tuck him and Gerard into bed each night, play hide and seek with them in the backyard and let them play dress-ups with all her clothes, they had a someone different. A Mom who was never home, but when she was, she was always drinking or had some guy over, A Mom who was never there to make Frank breakfast or get him ready for school, A Mom who never told Frank she loved him anymore. Frank really didn’t even know if it was he’s Mom anymore, She seemed more like a stranger.

Frank got up off the bedroom floor and silently left the room, Gerard following behind him. They both crept down the stairs and walked into the living room to find he’s Mom crying on the couch.

Frank hesitantly walked up to he’s Mom.

“Mommy? Are you okay?” he whispered, clueless to why he’s Mom was crying.

“No Frank im not okay, what do you think? You know if your fucking father was still here maybe everything would be okay” She said angrily, taking another drink of the bottle that seemed glued to her hand.

Frank’s eyes widened at the word ‘Father’. Frank knew what a father was, He just didn’t understand why he didn’t have one. All the children at school had a Mom and Dad; But Frank only had a Mom. Frank remembered that he’s Mom had once said that Frank’s Dad had left when Frank was just a baby, but that’s all she ever told him. Frank assumed that meant he didn’t have a Father, but it never really bothered Frank. What bothered Frank was the fact that it was starting to feel like he didn’t have a Mother either.

“Well me and Gerard are here” Frank said trying to comfort he’s mother.

“Frank, Listen here,” He’s Mother, yelled taking another drink of her alcohol. “There is no Gerard, He’s not real, and he’s never been real. You made him up in that stupid head of yours. Stop pretending that he is, because I’ve had enough of your games. Fucking grow up”

Frank stood there stunned. Gerard was real, why would he’s Mother lie to him? Frank tried to think of reasons why she would lie, but honestly in the back of Frank’s mind something told him that she was telling the truth.

Frank ran out of the room tears falling down he’s face. He ran back up to he’s bedroom and collapsed on the bed crying. Gerard made he’s way back up too and slowly approached Frank.

“Frank?” Gerard said softly.

“You are real, you are real, she’s lying. She just doesn’t want us to be together” Frank sniffed not wanting to believe anything she said.

Gerard crawled on top of the bed and wrapped he’s arms around Frank and kissed him softly on the head.

“It doesn’t matter what she says Frankie, I’m not going anywhere”

Frank smiled and buried he’s head in Gerard chest. Frank didn’t need a Mom, he didn’t need a dad, He didn’t need anyone except for Gerard; and he wasn’t going anywhere.




I wasn’t going to make Linda turn out into an alcoholic-bad mother, but it kind of helps with the story, nothing against her of course.

Also dedicated to Natasha Sanderson who told me if I didn’t dedicate this chapter to her, she would eat me
Sign up to rate and review this story