Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Anyone Can See That This Is Only Permanent...Temporary.

Part Four, Ending One: This Circle Never Ends

by medicatedlives 2 reviews

Part one of the end.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2008-03-15 - Updated: 2008-03-16 - 809 words - Complete

1Moving

[A/N] I see that I haven't updated in a while...That's my bad. The last time I updated, it was fitting to say “Happy Halloween” and now it’s pretty much spring…so…I apologize, really. School has eaten me alive.
ANNND, I haven't forgotten GoogleGeek’s and deaths-destruction’s reviews. Thank you thank you thank you.








Part Four, Ending One: This Circle Never Ends


He waved to his bandmates as they scattered of the bus and into their own vehicles. He sat in his compact car, gripping the wheel and feeling anxious.

In the bus, Ryan decided that he was going to ask Alex to marry him in a creative way. To him, getting down on one knee was too cliché- not his style. So being the clever person he was, he took a bright orange wristband, the sort that identified you as over or under the drinking age at venues with bars, and with his scratchy writing, simply wrote the words “Marry me?” on it.

He drove home, paying careful attention to the road as it was almost 2 o’clock in the morning. He reached their house quickly and parked his car in the driveway. Stepping out, Ryan appreciated the familiarity of his own home, rather than seeing a completely different place each time he woke up. As he neared the front door, he could scarcely hear Hobo running around in circles, restless and ready to see him again. After acknowledging his dog’s presence, Ryan kicked off his shoes and quietly walked upstairs and into their bedroom. He immediately saw Alex sleeping soundly on the bed, wrapped tightly in blankets.

Ryan changed his clothes with haste, and shakily slipped the neon wristband and the ring on her left hand, hoping she wouldn’t wake up. She didn’t budge- he was relieved. Ryan then slowly crawled into the bed next to her, confident in her deep sleep.

It was cold. He snaked his arms awkwardly around her, smiling sleepily and thinking, “It’s good to be home.”





Ryan was awake before Alex, strangely. He peeked through the bedroom curtains and saw that the sun had yet to rise, and cursed himself for not being able to stay asleep longer. Dozing off on a constantly moving bus had changed his sleeping habits. Reluctantly, Ryan left the bedroom for the kitchen to make coffee to wake himself up. He waited around for the coffee to brew, entertaining himself by watching Hobo pad around the kitchen, who occasionally stopped at his feet for attention. When his coffee was finished, he brought a cup back into the bedroom for Alex. Then, he got back into bed and wrapped himself around her. Surprisingly, she wriggled a bit and turned to face him.

“Ry?” she asked, blinking the sleep from her eyes.

“Hey,” Ryan asked, a smile forming on his lips.

“Oh, God, you’re home,” Alex breathed, engulfing his frame into her arms. Then she let go and looked at him, saying, “I missed you so much.”

He kissed her lips, and then kissed her hands and said, “I did too.”

As he did this, Alex caught a glimpse of the bright orange on her wrist. She scrunched up her nose, and took her hand back from Ryan to see what exactly so much orange was doing on her wrist. Then she saw the ring. Her eyes widened.

Ryan’s heart began to pound as all of his insecurities rushed to the front of his mind. Doubts like What if she says no? and worries like What if this ruins our relationship? were all he could pay attention to.

Alex sat up, and Ryan followed suit. “What the…” she murmured. She spun the wristband around until she saw Ryan’s messy, scraggly writing across the bracelet. It simply read, “Marry me?” on it. She started to smile and looked at Ryan, who looked completely petrified. Then she squealed and latched herself onto him, managing to say “Of course I’ll marry you. You’re the air that I breathe and the sun in the sky that makes everything worth living for, and I love you.”

He kissed her, and pulled her up out of bed to the window to see the sun coming up. Its rays were grazing over the clouds, creating an almost surreal vision in front of them. Ryan held her close, and she laid her head on this chest. He kissed her head, and quietly responded a muffled, “I love you too.” But his words were almost unnecessary, as they both knew that they would last forever.

“When the moon fell in love with the sun, all was golden in the sky. All was golden when the day met the night.”




[A/N] Yes, cheesy, I know. But how else am I supposed to end it? =)
Sign up to rate and review this story