Hannah explains, Hermione confesses, Daphne decides, Rita overhears, Molly believes and Ginny gloats
- That was brilliant! What a great way to get rid if Ginny, and since it was done so publically she can't hide the fact she's just a gold digger. If Ginny keeps pushing Harry could always call on the life debt she owes him from Chamber and word it in such a way that she can't go after him, or send friiends or family members after him.
I can't wait to see what's next in this and Technomage, and Betrayal.
- Lets try that again because Im not sure it worked as Im new to all of this.
Great chapter. I was wondering, however, if the author happens to be the same guy who was friends with a a skinny freckle faced girl nick named Soogie from his High School Drama Days?
Author's response- Great Googley Moogley
- Carol Brazil right? How are things? I've checked you don't have a PM contact listed, either pm me or try firstname.lastname@example.org
(#) Geovanni_Luciano 2008-05-15 08:42:50 PMI agree on your exchange rate explanation and do not recall canon mentioning directly what the going rate was. It's fan fiction that has ruled the hype with it's regard. Additionally, thanks to hollywood, we have moving pictures of a first year Harry looking into his vault for the first time seeing mountains of gold, not gold alloy.
- I LOVED the prank!! Put those bitchy weasely(intentionally spelled like the animal) women in their place!!!! I laughed all day after reading that. That would be awesome in one of the movies... you should sell your ideas!! Tara
- The biggest problem I see with JKRs ludicrous 5:1 is that Harry's wand was 7 galleons. If there are about 40 first years, that would be only 280 galleons a year or 1400 pounds a year plus some smaller repeat business. JKR is quite useless with numbers and filling plot holes.
A wizard's wand is very special and should cost at least several hundred pounds, implying more like 20:1 at a minimum.of course, the idea of a wizard economy can not exist with the small number of people and businesses.
Nope, they would have to be very dependent on non-magicals for all the basics or they would simply conjure/transfigure everything, and again there is no economy or need for gold.