Categories > Celebrities > The Used > It's Our Time To Shine

Just Stay With Me, Lay With Me Now

by QuitLollygaggin 1 review

Jepha second guesses being with Caitlin

Category: The Used - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-04-07 - Updated: 2008-04-07 - 950 words - Complete

0Unrated
Jepha's POV

I said goodbye to the last few lingering fans and headed back to the bus.
"Jepha, wait!" Quinn called from behind me. I stopped and waited for him to catch up. I kicked a few stones across the dark pavement as I waited. He finally reached me and pushed his bleach blonde hair from his sweaty forehead.
"It's so hot." He moaned. He continued talking as we walked.
I tuned him out and consumed myself in my own thoughts. I thought about Caitlin. What in the world was I thinking? What was I getting her into? What was I getting myself into? Could I really make this work? I mean, come on, I'm in a non stop touring band. I'm lucky to find time for myself, let alone a girl. I should of thought about this more before I started to lead her on. I didn't want her to think any less of me. I'd feel bad if didn't at least attempt to make this work. Don't get me wrong, she's a nice girl and all, but I really don't think this is a good time for a relationship. Then again with my lifestyle, there was never a good time for a relationship. I titled my head towards the almost night sky. It was beautiful, perfect shades of purple, orange and pink. I sucked in the sweet summer smell through my nose. Summer was my favorite time of year. That's why I loved California, it was always summer. There's a plus to dating Caitlin, I'd be in Cali often. Ha. Small gust of wind pushed past us, enough to give me the chills.
"Jepha, are you even listening?" Quinn demanded, stepping in front of me,pulling me from my thoughts.
"I..uh..no" I answered honestly. "Sorry."
"You seem distant." Quinn stated, stepping aside so we could continue walking.
"Is it that girl?"
"Kind of." I sighed
"She's hot!"
"No kidding." I said laughing.
"Want to talk about it?" Quinn offered.
"What? Is this going to turn into a daily thing?" I joked
"It helps." Quinn admitted. We got to the bus and stopped. "I enjoyed it too."
"Me too, and you're right, it does help." I said. "But i think I'm good for now." I looked over at Quinn. The setting sun iluminated his hazel eyes making them shine. I pushed my hair out of my own eyes and sighed. "Unless you need to." I offered.
Talking to Quinn seemed to lighten my mood. It seems whatever has been missing all these years is finally filled. A little communication goes a long way.
"I liked talking to all those fans." Quinn said "I wish we did it more." I just nodded.
"I'm cold." I said wrapping my arms around myself. As the sun setted it got a little chilly.
"Go ahead, maybe we'll talk later" Quinn said. "I'm going for a walk."
"Alright, don't get lost." I joked. Quinn laughed and went on his way. I watched him fade off into the sunset. A perfect scene from a movie. I stood there until I wasn't able to see him anymore. It felt good to be close to Quinn again. It'd be even nicer to get close to Bert again, at least to tell him how much I missed the old Bert. Even though I'm with these guys almost everyday, well pretty much everyday, I miss them. I don't miss them physically, just emotionally. I honestly would go to hell and back for these guys. They are my family.
I pushed hard agaisnt the bus doors, forcing them open and got on. Caitlin laid peacefully, on the now clean, couch. I slipped off my shoes and laid next to her, forming my body around hers. I pulled her closer to me. Her warmth felt good against my cold and at that point I wanted to be here and nowhere else. I gently stroked her soft hair and breathed in her sweet smell.
She seemed perfect in every way. I kind of felt weird feeling this way about her, I just met her today. There was something about her that drew me in. I wanted to know everything about her, well as much as she'd tell me. I started to have second thoughts about her. Being around her made me want to always be around her, but not being with her made me second guess myself. Maybe I just wanted her physically being. Maybe I missed that sense of touch that has long been missing. Maybe I just wanted to call her my own and care for her and love her endlessly. Maybe.
She stirred a bit and a small sound escaped her perfectly shaped lips. She slowly turned her body to face me. She opened hers eyes and wiped the sleep away.
"How long have you been laying there?" She yawned.
"Not long." I whispered softly. She pushed her body gently into mine and burried her face into my chest. I laid my head on top of hers. I traced her tattoos with my finger. Each line was more intricate and brighter then the last.
"I should go home." She said quietly.
"Stay." I insited. She pulled her body away from mine and sat up on her elbows. I looked into her soft green eyes, begging her to stay.
"I'll come back." She promised. She got up and pulled down her shirt. She scanned the floor for her belongings. She slipped on her shoes and slung her purse over her shoulder.
"Call me." She instructed before leaning over and gently kissing my forehead. Then she simply walked off the bus and I prayed for her return.



____________
more soon!
Sign up to rate and review this story