Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Abbey Road Medley

You Never Give Me Your Money

by MasterBakatare-san 0 reviews

ItachiKagome

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama,Romance - Characters: Kagome - Published: 2008-04-13 - Updated: 2008-04-13 - 864 words

0Unrated
MasterBakatare
January 2008
School (study hall)

Disclaimer: Both the characters in this story and the song, 'You Never Give Me Your Money' belong ONLY to their respective owners.

You never give me your money
You only give me your funny paper

"I thought I was getting paid for this..." A female with jet black hair grumbled, arms crossed over her chest.

Another man handed her a paper with some writing on it, "You were never told you were getting paid for this."

She stuck her tongue out at the scarlet eyed man. A third person came from behind, pale blue skin clashing with the blackness of the coat he was wearing. "Leader wants me to go with Hidan for whatever reason, so you have to go on your mission without me."

And in the middle of negotiations
You break down

The girl shrugged, "Won't make much difference; you're dead weight."

The shark man growled, eyes narrowing at her, "Damn woman! Just because you beat me in battle before doesn't mean you can rub it in my face." He walked away grumbling about women being a pain.

I never give you my number
I only give you my situation

"C'mon, 'Tachi-kun, we gotta go to Konoha again. Sorry." The man looked at her blankly, but nodded his head in acknowledgement not even flinching when she latched onto his arm like a little girl would her father.

And in the middle of investigation
I break down

Itachi began to grow tense as they neared the relatively small ninja town, and the girl looked up at him, concerned.

"Are you okay, Itachi? I know that this is hard for you, but we must carry out Leader's orders..."

The older man simply nodded his head, "I am perfectly well, Kagome. Please do not focus your energy on me; it should be on our mission."

Out of college, money spent
See no future, pay no rent

Kagome, still clinging to him, smiled and began to walk with him once more, wondering if they should continue with their mission.

All the money's gone, nowhere to go
Any jobber got the sack

Then, she remembered something; the leader had said he was going to kill her if she didn't cooperate with even ONE of the missions.

She felt a burning sensation working through her body, moving slowly from the toes up.

Monday morning, turning back
Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go

Beginning to feel light-headed, she let go of her temporary partner and stopped walking. "Can we take a break, 'Tachi-kun?"

He nodded his head, ever so slightly, "Five minutes. No more, no less."

She smiled gratefully.

But oh, that magic feeling, nowhere to go
Oh, that magic feeling

Kagome fell against the nearest tree, trying not to look too ill. She knew she couldn't do much and hoped that she would be able to recuperate enough to begin traveling again within the short five minutes she was allotted.

Nowhere to go...

Itachi narrowed his eyes un suspicion, she had never asked to stop before, and they had gone much farther than this."Kagome," he murmured, "are you feeling alright?"

Deciding that they probably wouldn't be moving for more than the five minutes he had originally suggested, he walked over to his 'partner,' sitting down next to her.

One sweet dream
Pick up the bags and get in the limousine

Kagome smiled lightly, she believed it to be a dream! Itachi... WORRIED?? And more importantly, about... her??

"I-I'll be fine, thank you." What's happening to me? She groaned, clutching her torso as a sudden sharp pain overwhelmed her.

Soon we'll be away from here
Step on the gas and wipe that tear away

Itachi frowned even further as she called out a name foreign to him, "Inuyasha..." He watched as a tear slipped down her face.

He, uncharacteristically, placed a warm, concerned hand on her shoulder. When she didn't respond, he shook her lightly. "Kagome?"

One sweet dream came true today
Came true today
Came true today (yes it did)

"Please," he heard her whisper, "Midoriko, take me back to them... Back to my friends..."

One two three four five six seven,
All good children go to heaven

Kagome grimaced as the 'fire' swallowed her body completely, but grinned when she thought about what she had just done.

She had unintentionally activated the jewel with the thoughts of her untimely death, so she wished on it. Apparently, the jewel's souls didn't like the thought of losing their guardian that they had grown used to so soon.

She ended up wishing that she was with all of the people that she had left behind in Sengoku Jidai: Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kirara, Kaede... Inuyasha...

The jewel granted her wish, and she could feel her body fading away, destined for another time in space.

One two three four five six seven,
All good children go to heaven

"Good bye, Itachi..." Her body seemingly evaporated leaving the Akatsuki member alone and confused.

Standing up, he left to complete their mission, not letting any feelings show. But if anyone had asked at the moment, he would have admitted that he was going to miss her greatly...
Sign up to rate and review this story