Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Savior of the Damned

Believe Me or Break Me

by crystalcrash 7 reviews

Before planned... here it is ;) Frank tells Gerard about Alyssa... whose heart will end up broken?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-04-15 - Updated: 2008-04-15 - 2290 words

5Exciting


I know you've got your reasons.
Hey, let's call it even.
Turn out all the lights and go to bed.
Still I get this feeling,
No one will believe me
When I let these ghosts outside my head.




Cheer Up, Boys (Your Make-Up is Running) - Foo Fighters









"I'm going to go talk to her," Gerard said, getting up from the chair he had been sitting in at the big wooden table. I was laying across the four chairs on the other side of the table, and shot up when I saw his intention.



"Gerard! Wait!" He stopped where he was and looked at me questiongly. We had been laying around in silence out there for almost an hour, both of us lost in our own thoughts. I was having an internal battle about the whole Alyssa situation. I knew I had to tell Gee about her and her scam, but how? What was the easiest way to let him know? Was there an easy way? If there was, I hadn't found it. Either way, time was up. "Sit... down again," I asked him. He did so, never taking his eyes off of me.



"What's wrong?"



I sat up and turned so I was facing him."I... have to tell you something. Important."



"What is it?" he asked cautiously.



"It's about A-... it's about Alyssa," I spat out finally.



Relaxing a bit, Gerard said, "Don't worry about her, babe. I told you I was going to talk to her now to clear things up."



Just as he placed the palms of his hands on the table to impulse himself up, I said, "No, it's not that." He slowly dropped his hands back on his lap. "I have to tell you something you don't know... about her."



Gerard let out a sarcastic laugh. "I doubt there's something you know about her that I don't."



I shook my head impatiently. "There is," I said firmly, making him drop his smile.



"Alright, go ahead and tell me what this is about."



"Right... well, this isn't easy to say, so I'm just going to say it, okay?" He nodded and so I continued. Alyssa... she isn't who you think she is." I looked at him uneasily as he narrowed his eyes at me, trying to register what I was saying.



"What do you mean?"



"I mean... well, I know about this because the other day she used her power to trick me... she transformed herself into you. She made me follow her into an empty room... the room you found us in!" I exclaimed, suddenly remembering that Gerard had walked in on us. "That day you found me and Alyssa in the room alone... remember? That's when it happened."



"What happened?"



"She tricked me, into thinking she was you and-"



Gerard let out a nervous laugh. "She was probably just pulling your leg."



"Gerard, she fucking kissed me." That shut him up. "She grabbed my face and kissed me, and then said she knew something was going on between... you and me."



"She...?" he asked, scratching his head.



"Kissed me," I finished. "She also said Iwas a fag and that... and that you'd never love someone like me while she was around..."



Smiling sweetly in the face of my expression, he reached out a hand and caressed the side of my face. "Well, you know that's not true, babe."



I smiled back, tilting my face into his hand before continuing. "The point is, after that, she said she was a fake... she also said her kidnapping was fake too."



"What're you talking about?" he asking, taking his hand back.



"She told me not to tell anyone about her being a fake because nobody would believe me... nobody would believe she was afake and that the kidnapping had been planned."



"She said that?" Gerard asked, incredulously.



"Yes."



"She said she was a fake?"



"Yes."



"And the kidnapping was a fake?"



"Yes," I stated, happy with the way the situation was going. He seemed to be taking it well.



He stared at me for what seemed like ages, just looking into my eyes. Suddenly he said, "You must have misunderstood her,"and shook his head.



"No, Gerard, I didn't. She made it very clear... it's all a lie."



"Okay, lets just think a second," he said, gesturing with his hands and narrowing his eyes, "if she really is a big fake and the kidnapping was planned, for whatever reason, why the hell would she tell you about it?"



Looking at him coldly, I answered, "Because she thought nobody would believe me, and it's obvious she was right."



"Frank, listen-"



"No, you listen. Do you really think I'd lie to your fucking face? Do you really think I /could/?" I asked him, hurt because of his disbelief.



Throwing his hands up in the air, he exclaimed, "Put yourself in my place, Frank! Imagine I went up to you one day and told you the person you thought was the love of your life for a long time was just a fake the whole time!"



"I don't really know what she meant by being a fake," I said quietly, with "the person you thought was the love of your life" sounding in my head. "She said she was a fake and the kidnapping was planned, but I don't know what she was like before the kidnapping. Maybe the ruins made her evil or something..."



"How could the kidnapping be a big lie without accepting she was evil or whatever before it?"



For some reason I felt a need to find abetter possibility, a possibility where she wasn't really a bad person and had just been transformed by the Ruins or something. "Maybe what she meant was they made it look like she had been killed, when she was only kidnapped. That could be it..." I said, not convinced.



Shaking his head once more, Gerard stood up. "We'll never find out until we talk to her."



"You're going to... ask her?"



"That's right. We both are." Grabbing my hand, he pulled me up from where I was seated. "Let's go."



"Do we really have to do this," pouting like a child.



"Yes, we do, because I believe you and Iwant to know what she was talking about. And you have to come because you're the one she told all this too," Gerard said, dragging me inside with him.



"Gerard..." I said, as he pulled me around the hallway towards his room, "thanks... for believing me."



He stopped in his tracks and turned to face me. His head was slightly tilted to one side with a half smile on his face. He reached out a hand and held my face with it, stroking my cheek with his thumb while saying, "How could I not believe the person I love?"



I smiled at him stupidly. Tilting my head up a bit with the same hand, he leaned in and pressed his soft lips against mine for a short yet sweet kiss, which he finished off with a peck. Giving me awink, he dropped his hand to grab mine again, and continued leading me down the hallway while I followed with the same corny smile plastered on my face.



My smile dropped the instant we entered Gerard's room and found Alyssa going through the closet - the one that held my clothes until I moved out. She stood up from her crouched position and smiled at us.



"Gerard... and Frank," she declared.



"We need to talk about something you told Frank, Alyssa. That day I found you two in that empty room." Sitting on his bed, he continued, "So, tell me all about it."



She shot me a glance, and I saw her eyes darken slightly, but she quickly recovered herself and walked over to her own bed. My ex-bed.



"I don't... what are you talking about, Gerard? We were just training-"



"Yeah, he told me about that. He said you shape-shifted into me, and then kissed him."



I smiled from the doorway as I saw Gerard continue, not giving her a break, and watching her struggle to answer.



She forced a laugh. "We were just practicing, like I said and-"



"I don't care about that, really. What I'd like to know is what you told him about you being a fake and the kidnapping being planned."



She was ready for that one, apparently. Turning around to face me shocked, she yelled, "What?! How could you say that Frank! I almost died in there, there were days I wanted to just kill myself and get it over with... how could you say that?"



Even though I knew it was a lie, I almost believed her. Tears poured down her face as she faced Gerard once more, who had his eyes narrowed as he studied her, trying to figure her out. I muttered,"Yeah, well you were supposedly dead anyways, killing yourself would've only made it true."



Gerard shot me a warning look, telling me not to go too far, while Alyssa's mouth fell open in shock.



"How can you let him say these things to me? I passed three horrible months trapped and tortured by Ruins and he says I'm making it up! I just can't - I don't understand-," she stuttered, fighting with hiccups at the same time. "Hug me, please Gerard..."



Gerard looked at her for an instant more, than glanced over at me. My features were set in an angry expression. Gerard looked around helplessly, then got up from his bed and knelt in front of Alyssa. He threw his arms around her, and hugged her tight. Looking over her shoulder at me as she continued to sob, he motioned for me to leave with his head, and said, "Go, I'll be out in a minute."



Without a word, I turned around and left. Islammed the door behind me before catching a last glance at the two. Alyssa was in the arms of her love, just like she wanted. Gerard shot me an apologetic look which I didn't really care about.



As I walked down the hallway back towards the exit, I felt a sudden lack of air. I needed to get out of this fucking place. I couldn't even remember the last time I had passed through the tunnel and went out into the grave yard.



I passed through the main lane that lead to the tunnel. I walked quickly, avoiding eye contact with everyone. Suddenly, Ifelt an arm grab my wrist. I looked back alarmed and saw an old lady dressed in gray. It was the same old lady I had seen the first day I went to the Underworld, the one that had called me Scorpio.



Just as I was about to grab my arm back, she whispered, "She's the devil, don't trust that girl, don't listen to her, don't, don't..."



I looked around and saw nobody was watching us. Crouching a bit to be able to hear her better, I asked, "Who, who is evil?"



"The girl... the one that's back from the dead."



My heart practically stopped. She was talking about Alyssa. "How do you know about her, what do you mean she's evil?"



She chuckled hoarsely. "You're not the only one with powers down here, lad. I may be old and crazy... but my powers, I still have 'em."



"What powers do-"



Grasping my arm urgently, she whispered,"Don't listen to her manipulative ways, there is a wolf hiding under that sheep skin... if she gets what she wants, she will bring doom to all of mankind."



I looked at her shocked at what she had said and disgusted because of her breath that reeked of decay. "What does she want? What is she looking for?"



"That should be easy for you to figure out, being who you are, Scorpio." She was smiling at me knowingly.



"What do you mean?"



"Only you can stop her, Scorpio, the rest are taken in by her sheep skin. See the wolf beneath it, see her real intentions, stop her from taking it... you were made to protect it, and now's your chance!"



"What is it, what am I supposed to protect?" I asked desperately.



"Protect what you were made to protect,"she repeated. "The object that is life itself and yet can destroy the entire world with just one blow!"



"One blow? What're you-"



"Go! Don't tell anyone about this, I am not thought upon keenly by the others. They think I've gone mad, which is no lie, but I have not lost my powers, no, my powers are intact," she said as she turned around and hobbled towards a tent, looking in every direction as if someone were coming to take her away. "I still see things, I see them, they came to me at night, they still come... yes... they come..."



"Wait!" I called after her, but she was already inside. She wouldn't talk anymore anyways. I'd have to come back again another day and see what else she knew.



At least I wasn't the only one that knew Alyssa had to go, even if the other person was a total nutcase.





















Ok, so I obviously couldn't wait until the 24th to write and put up a new chapter. I hope my exams don't suffer because of this :p



The crazy old lady is back, yay! She'll show up again in future chapters, obviously.



You know what to do now - rate and/or review. In the meantime, I'll be busy with the next chapter... and studying for my exams. Damn it.



Thanks for making my last chapter green, you have no idea how happy it made me ;) The reviews were so sweet too!



< 3333
Sign up to rate and review this story