Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Savior of the Damned

It's You

by crystalcrash 10 reviews

This is it. THE chapter ;) Hope you all enjoy it as much as i enjoyed writing it. Let me know what you think.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [X] [?] - Published: 2008-04-08 - Updated: 2008-04-08 - 3665 words

5Hot
These are the days that last forever.

A time in my life I won't surrender.

For better or for worse, these are the days.

In my life I've loved no other.

We al have pain, we all have suffered.

For better or worse, these are the days

I will remember



These are the days - The Exies







I laid in bed looking at the ceiling with my hands behind my head. If I were in my old house, the sun would be shining in through the window. My mom would've come in to open them and let fresh air in, telling me to get my lazy butt out of bed. I would've groaned and turned around, shielding my eyes from the morning light, begging for just 5 more minutes of sleep.



I smiled fondly as I remembered the look on her face, as she shook her head wondering how 5 minutes would help anything.



I looked around the stone room and took in my surroundings. No windows offered bright sunlight to wake me up. No fresh air would sweep in, filling my lungs. No worried mothers, trying to get their sons to become the best they can be.



It was days like these that I missed her terribly. I would have given anything to be back at home with her, and forget the existence of the horrible world under the ground. To forget the magic, the Ruins, the good guys and the bad guys... everyone. Especially Gerard.



I wanted to forget him and for him to forget me. My heart ached from not knowing what to do, and knowing there was nothing to do. I couldn't tell him about Alyssa; he loved her and would only believe her. The same goes for everyone else. She was everyone's friend before I even knew this world existed. I would only end up pissing them off, and probably be kicked out of the awful place. That wouldn't be too bad, except I wouldn't know what to do then. Where would I go? Nobody knew me, and I had no place to go. No job, no money, nothing to fall back on.



Leaving was out of the question, though, Iknew it was impossible to leave Gerard. As much as it hurt to see him with another and not have him for myself, I couldn't just walk away. I couldn't leave the others either, especially Kat, but not even she would believe me. Iremembered the day I told her about Alyssa being back... and how she ran down the hallway leaving me there alone. I understood her, of course. Alyssa had been one of her best friends for ages. She was thought to be dead and then magically returned.



Well, obviously not magically. I had to find out what really happened when she disappeared. Where did she really go, or did she go with the Ruins and had been tricking Gerard and the others all along? Or had she really been good, but then turned crazy because of the three months of living with the Ruins? And why had Mikey said he had a vision of her dying, when she was very much alive? Maybe he saw her being kidnapped and assumed her dead... it was impossible for me or anyone to know.



Especially while I was just lying in bed.



Sighing, I stretched my arms and got out of bed. It was time for me to see the light and breathe in the fresh morning air... so to speak. Good morning, sunshine.






Now, but I can't,

and I don't know

how we're just two men as God had made us.

Well, I can't... well, I can!

Too much, too late,

or just not enough of this pain in my heart

for your dying wish,

I'll kiss your lips again!



You know what they do to guys like us in prison - MCR







The days dragged by with the dread of not knowing what to do, not only with the Gerard situation, but with my whole life. What was the exact point of my life, of living down here with the others and continually training for what would inevitably happen in the future? Why was Icreated? Lately, I found myself wondering what my meaning really was, my mission, my fate. It was obvious I was made for something, but what? I did nothing all day but eat and train and not knowing what for. It was evident that eventually another battle would begin with the Ruins, but what were they waiting for to attack? What were we waiting for? Alyssa had told me to train, that I would need my powers in the future... "we'll need them." For what?The battle? And if she's not even really on our side, what does she mean by"we"?



As I sat in the middle of the Training Room with my legs crossed, I could hear the soft hum of the rubber balls flying around the room and the /smack /of them bouncing off the walls. Ifound out I could create a sort of shield when I concentrated a lot on it. It wasn't an energy shield like Gerard's; every time something hit his energy shield you could actually see the sparks of energy. Mine was totally invisible and seemed to be a telekinesis type of thing. Ray hadn't seen me do it yet, and was supposed to talk to me about it. The canons relentlessly shot more and more balls at me while I simply sat with my eyes closed, letting them bounce off the shield. Suddenly, I made them all freeze in place. Slowly opening my eyes, Ilooked up and saw all the red balls held up in mid air. The silence was total.



A red ball was frozen a few feet in front of me. I stared at it as the light reflected dully off its rubber surface. Islowly closed my eyes, and opened them again. The rubber ball was gone. Ilooked around the floor in case I had somehow lost control and it had fallen, but there was nothing. All the other balls were in their places except for the one I had been staring at. What happened?



"You should move your bed in here, Frank, then you'd never have to leave the room." I looked towards the door and saw Kat standing there with a smile on her face. Behind her, Aileen poked her head in.



"Are you still training? We can come back later, if you want," Aileen asked.



I shook my head and got up. "It's all yours," I told them, walking towards the door as they walked into the room, allowing me space to leave.



"What about the balls?" Aileen called after me, looking up at the ceiling.



I quickly turned around, looking at acorner of a room where the balls were always sent to be reused. Using my power, I opened the secret door, and sent all the balls flying into the square door, making a thunderous sound as they pounded into each other along the way. Ismiled as I saw both girls covering their ears, alarmed.



I bowed mockingly. Kat came over and shoved me out of the room as I laughed and she yelled, "Show off!"



I walked down the hallway with a grin on my face. I had the intention of going outside to find Bob or Ray but found myself with an unexpected obstacle. Gerard.


I felt like I had lived that before when I saw him stop in his tracks and look at me, with the same startled expression I had. I had a sudden urge to turn around and head back in the direction I had come from.

“Frank,” he whispered.

I tried to avoid his gaze but found it impossible.

Our eyes finally met as we stood facing each other with a few feet separating us. This is it, I thought, this is when we let it all out in the open. For once and for all.

I quickly walked towards him, startling him. It was obvious he was nervous also, and hadn’t expected me to make any sudden movements. He gaped at me in shock as I continued to walk, passing by him.

“Wha-, wh…? Frank?!” He called after me helplessly. “We can’t keep avoiding each other like this! You can’t just run away!” With that, he ran after me.

“I’m not,” I whispered more to myself. I picked up my pace so he couldn’t catch me and ran down the hallway with him behind me. He continued to call after me but I ignored him. Reaching my room, I opened the door forcefully and ran in, leaving it open for Gerard to enter after me, which he did.

“Frank,” he managed, out of breath. “What are you doing?

I quickly walked over to the door, closing it. Then I went over to him, grabbing both shoulders but remembering to keep looking anywhere except his face. I clumsily pushed him towards one side of the room, leaving him standing there as I took quick strides to the other side of the room, where I leaned against the wall.

He furrowed his eyebrows. “What’re you doing?” he repeated taking a step towards me.

“No!” I said a little too loudly, causing him to stop where he was, alarmed. “Just, stay where you are. Please” I rubbed the back of my head and neck nervously. We needed to talk, and just talk. I couldn’t stand being close to him without touching him, so I had to keep him at a safe distance, even if he couldn’t understand it.

He tilted his head to one side slightly, with a look of confusion on his face. It made me want to close the ridiculous gap between us and – No. Focus.

“But Frank, why are we placed like this?” he asked with the same expression on his pale face.

Please stop saying my name… it’s making it harder for me to breathe. “Just, ignore it, okay? You want to talk, well then let’s just talk. Ignore how we’re standing.”

Shooting me an uncertain look, he ran his hand through the hair I longed to touch and run my own hands through. I crossed my arms in front of me, unconsciously creating some sort of defensive barrier.

“Yes, we need to talk. I really can’t go on like this,” he said with a tired look.

“Go on like what? Everything is back to normal for you. Alyssa is back and-“With that, I started a sort of verbal battle between us. I continued to ramble while he would cut in to say something every few seconds, most of which I didn’t listen to. I was too caught up in my own thoughts, and trying to finally get them out.

“But things aren’t like before…” he said in a low voice.

“She’s back in what was probably her own bed again, even though it had belonged to someone else for some time-“

“Sorry you had to change room, Frankie.”

“I mean, you two were going to get married, you probably had the beds together. Hell – you probably have them together now. I wouldn’t know since I haven’t been going in there… my clothes are in my room now, after all-“

“The beds aren’t together, they’re still apart,” he sad, smiling sadly.

“Days have passed since she came back, everything is probably more than back to normal,” I continued, my anxiety rising.

“It’s not…”

“You guys have probably had more than enough time to talk about everything, have probably kissed, and even other things I don’t really want to imagine,” I said, letting out a short nervous laugh.

“We hardly even talk, Frank.”

The use of my name made me snap to attention once again. “What’re you talking about?”

“Things aren’t like before, I don’t see her the same way I did before she was taken.” He took a small step forward as he stared at me with his head slightly tilted.

I shook my head nervously. “Gerard, don’t. Stay where you are, it’s easier for me-“

“Sorry for the use of the word, but the magic is lost. I still care about her a lot, obviously, and I’m thrilled she’s back, but when I wake up in the morning and see her lying in bed… I get disappointed.” Another step forward.

“Gerard, stay where – what? Why?” I stared at him dumbfounded. And fell in the trap. My eyes were caught in his beautiful green orbs that seemed to swirl more than ever, and I couldn’t look away.

Another step forward. “I don’t think about her, Frankie. There’s only one thing that I think about, one person that runs through my mind day and night, one person I need to be near, one person I want.” He looked at me intently from a distance of about three feet away.

I swallowed nervously. “Who… is that?”

“It’s you, babe. It’s you.” Another.

My eyes widened for two reasons then: because of what he had said, and the fact that parts of his body were disappearing. His left arm and lower body were all but vanished.

“Gerard, you’re turning invisible, I can’t see-“

He suddenly turned around, bringing his hands up to his head. “I know, I know! It’s how you’ve been making me feel lately, and I understand it.” Turning back towards me, he continued, “But I just can’t stand it, Frankie. I can’t stand being away from you.”

“No, Gerard, you’re really invisible, look-“ I decided it was time to shut up as I saw him start taking baby steps towards me again, and knowing that this time, he wouldn’t stop three feet way.

“What I’m trying to say… is that, I’m in love with you, Frank.” He was now standing right in front of me, although it was hard to tell since his entire body has gone invisible with the exception of his neck and head.

I let out a tiny gasp as I heard those words. I’m in love with you, Frank. I couldn’t speak. A million things ran through my head as I continued to stare at him with my mouth slightly open, but not one of them was said. I pressed my lips together and reached out a hand towards his head. I touched his silky hair, letting my hand get lost in the raven mess that I adored. I stared into those beautiful eyes as his neck and head disappeared, hair included. All that were left were those eyes.

I could feel his body heat close to me as his eyes seemed to inch closer, ever so slowly. Suddenly, I felt two soft hands holding either side of my face as his lips crashed against mine, crushing me into the wall.

The brutal force of desire and passion took over us completely. I ran my right hand around the back of his head and neck. The hairs on his neck stood up from my touch, while my left hand slipped up under his shirt on his back, feeling his soft skin. I moaned as he sucked on my lower lip, tugging on my lip ring, and then placed soft kisses along my jaw. I tilted my head to a side, allowing him easier access.

Reaching my ear, he whispered out of breath, “Maybe we should take things slower…” and took a few steps back. I nodded absentmindedly as he took in a huge breath and began running both hands through his hair, making it an even bigger mess. I watched him do so with my mouth slightly open and my lower lip hanging, and thought how incredible sexy he looked. He saw me looking, slowly lowered his hands, and stared back.

He shook his head slightly, and said exasperated, “Oh, fuck it.” He rushed back over to me, grabbing my face with both hands as he had before, and erased my huge grin with a kiss that made him moan in delight.

I suddenly wanted his clothes off, and mine too. I wanted it all off, for nothing to be between us. I tugged at his shirt, trying to transmit what I wanted without separating our mouths. I clumsily pulled his shirt up, separating our heads for a second to pull it off completely and tossed it on the floor. I kissed him again and raised my arms in the air as he desperately yanked my black t-shirt off and threw it to a corner, happy to be rid of the annoying object. He pressed his body against mine, trapping me between him and the wall and making me moan out loud in pleasure as his groin rubbed against mine. I threw my head back with my mouth open as I panted, said, “Fuck…” and then turned my head to a side and began kissing and sucking his neck.

I lowered my hand to the button of his black jeans and began pulling at it awkwardly, but not wanting to stop the kisses for one single second to see what I was doing. Gerard helped me and we finally managed to unbutton it, just as the door opened and Kat appeared. We turned towards the door in surprise. We stood frozen in the same position; we both had a hand on the button of his jeans, Gerard had his other on the back of my neck while mine was on his ass to keep him pressed against me.

Kat entered the room, took a quick look around frowning and noticed the t-shirts on the floor. We stood perfectly still, trying to control our breathing, as she went over to the corner and picked up the shirt that was there. Recognizing my black shirt with the purple design on the front and seeing the other shirt on the floor as well, she smiled to herself, already putting the pieces together. She dropped it back in the corner and quickly went to the doorway. As she closed the door behind her, she said, “He’s not in here either. Where in the world are they?”

“That’s what I’d like to know,” said a slightly squeaky voice with a hint of anger. It was Alyssa.

We heard their footsteps walk away. I frowned, breathing heavily and trying to find out why Kat hadn’t seen us when we were right in front of her face; she had looked right at the wall we were pressed against.

I turned my head to Gerard sharply as he whispered, “Holy fuck, Frank, you’re invisible!”

Unable to help myself despite the situation, I smirked and said, “Fuck Frank? Sounds like a good plan.”

He pushed me away playfully, trying to hide a smile. As soon as he let go of me, I was visible again.

I grinned back at him. “Besides, the invisible one here is you, like I was trying to tell you before. When we were talking, you were slowly going invisible. I only went that way when you were touching me.” As those last two words escaped my mouth, the hairs on my arms stood up and I shivered slightly; I could still feel him on me.

He smiled shyly. Leaning in, he slowly placed a soft kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes tight in total bliss. He separated his face from mine a few inches, brushing the hair away from my face as I smiled up happily at him.

Looking into my eyes, he said, “I need to talk to Alyssa… about this. Make it clear to her how I feel before telling anyone or going public about this, okay?”

I nodded and leaned up, pressing my lips against his once again. “Do what you need to do, its okay.”

Smiling, he wrapped his arms around my small figure. I placed my head on his shoulder, breathing in his scent as his hair tickled my face.

I wanted to stay in that moment forever, in the moment that everything was perfect. But then again, Gerard was going to kick the bitch to the curb, and then we’d tell them all about… us. Everything would be perfect from then on…

What could possible go wrong?







I’m so fucking proud of this chapter, even though it’s extremely long. Seriously. I’ve read it so many times and it always makes me smile, even though I wrote it. Hahaha I’m weird like that.

I’d like to point out something important. Instead of having Frank tell Gerard Alyssa’s an evil lying bitch (etc etc), and have the two of them be together and such, I thought it was better to have Gerard love Frank before finding out that the supposed love of his life is a traitor. You know, have him see that he loves Frank way more than Alyssa before knowing she’s evil. Otherwise, it would be like leaving Frank in second place, and Alyssa being his real love. So, that’s why I wrote this chapter.

Anywaaaays… aren’t the lyrics perfect for this chapter? Especially the MCR ones because of the whole “he’s a guy, I’m a guy, we can’t be together, but we CAN” thing? xD

Sorry for the long note, you know I get carried away.

Review and rate, please. I would really love to see this chapter turn green, and that only happens if it gets 5 ratings… -hint hint-

A side note… I won’t be putting up anymore chapters until the 24th has passed. I’m having exams and a project due that day, so I won’t be online at all. Sorry, but hopefully this chapter makes up for that ;)

< 333333
Sign up to rate and review this story