The Final Confrontation. And Harry faces Riddle too
- -Laughs softly- A most excellent ending. I esp. loved the three confrontations and the unique means by which each was resolved. That was a sly move on Harry's part to use Tom's arrogance against him and I loved the use of the modified bubble-head charm on Dumbles. But, for my taste, /"I’m playing this in the Albus Dumbledore mode, telling no one anything remotely useful, and lying whenever I feel like it." definitely has to take its place as a truely classic line.
Author's response- Thanks. So far I've got 12 people who hate eliminating Tom via a fealty oath and you make two that do like it.
- and one guy is particularly pissed that I suggest that the Great and Powerful Albus Dumbledore could be taken down by a Bubblehead charm...
- As far as the line goes, yeah I like it too.
(#) red_jacobson 2008-05-07 07:26:11 PMSorry to see this one wrapped up; I've enjoyed it a lot. Although, maybe I'm confusing this story with one of your other ones; but didnt' Hannah meet Augusta Longbottom in the Hospital Wing after Neville killed Bellatrix? I seem to remember them having a heart-to-heart about how Augusta was a merchants daughter.
So, what's next?
Author's response- Yeah she did, I forgot. Mea Culpa
- I'm trying to finish up a few stories before I start anything new.
(#) red_jacobson 2008-05-07 07:28:32 PMA Follow up; Hannah and Augusta had their conversation in the chapter "Trial By Fire"
Author's response- Yeah, see, Hannah was so shocked by the proposal, she completely forgot.
- Yeah, that's the ticket, she forgot. Yeah, that'll work, its foolproof.
- Loved the story; It had a good ending. I would have like to seen Harry do more to Dumbledore but I know that it would have taken another chapter. I like the unique end of Riddle; I don't think I have read anything quite like it. Thanks for writing.
Author's response- Thanks
- Excellent ending. I loved the confrontation with Tom. Using a legally and magically binding contract to defeat him rather than an epic battle was great and unique. And taking out Dumbledore in one fell swoop as well was brilliant.
Using the epilogue from DH for Ginny's fantsy world was a very nice touch, as was having it be 19 years later and finding out what had happened to everyone.
I look forward to seeing your next postings. I'd especially love to see either Marriage Contracts or Technomage.
- Very nice, you have here not only an excellent story but an ending that doesn't feel like a let down, which is something even professional authors sometimes have problems with. I am really glad I didn't read the parts you posted on CaerAzkaban because it is so much more satisfying to read it complete and all at once.