Categories > Books > Harry Potter > ninjas and magic don't mix

chapter 2

by blackninjaphoenix 1 review

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2008-05-13 - Updated: 2008-05-13 - 1280 words

-1OOC


Blackninjaphoenix owns nothing but Saskuya and this story.



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Chapter 2: Diagon Alley



A few days after the young Genin got their letters Kakashi Sensei was up early getting ready to go to Diagon Alley. He got a message from an old friend telling him to meet him at the Leaky Cauldron so he could have some help shopping for their supplies and so they could get caught up.



Kakashi was going around waking everybody up. The first stop he made was the Haruno house to collect Sakura who was already up and ready to go, so he told her to meet him at the edge of the village. Then he went to the Uchiha estate to get Sasuke, who had already been up for hours trying to get some training in before they went. Kakashi then moved on to the only house left: the combined home of Naruto and Saskuya, where he was probably going to find Naruto still asleep. He was still pretty worried because they both might not want to be woken up, and that nine-tailed fox in Naruto was just scary, though that dragon in Saskuya was even scarier to him and he did not want to get on their bad side anytime soon to see what would happen.



When he got to the door, he knocked, then heard movement inside and decided to go in. When he opened the door, he saw Saskuya standing over Naruto's bed.



"Naruto, get up now!" Saskuya yelled at him, and when he didn't get up, she grabbed his bed and flipped it into the wall.



"Saskuya, you don't have to be so violent, you know," Naruto told her upon being startled awake, rubbing his head.



"I have been trying to wake you up for the last thirty minutes, so I think me being violent is justified."



"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you have been trying to wake me for so long," Naruto replied before noticing Kakashi and decided to have a little fun with Saskuya. "Good morning, Kakashi Sensei! How long have you been standing there?"



"Oh not that long, Naruto, just waiting for you two lovebirds to hurry up and finish what you were doing," Kakashi replied innocently.



When Saskuya heard this, she turned around and saw their sensei standing there, went completely white, and ran out of the room into her separate bedroom.



When she closed the bedroom door, she yelled at him, "Sensei, why didn't you tell me you were there?You scared me half to death."



"I'm sorry, Saskuya, I didn't mean to scare you, but it was just too funny to interrupt."



Saskuya glared at her best friend, smoothly hiding a grin. "Remind me to kill you later!"



Naruto, however, simply grinned. "You have to admit it was funny, though, Sassy," he retorted, using the nickname she would only let him use.



Saskuya snorted, the corners of her mouth barely twitching upwards. "Hmmph."



Naruto frowned. "Are you mad at me?" he asked with a pout.



Saskuya's face broke into a grin. "Gotcha!" she yelled, laughing, as she ran out of the room and down the hall.



"Hey! No fair!"Naruto yelled after her.



A loud raspberry was her response, which made their sensei roll his eyes exasperatedly.



"All right, you two," he said with a sigh, "enough. Naruto still has to get dressed, you know."



"Eh...Kakashi Sensei's right, Sassy," Naruto put in. "You did just wake me up."



Saskuya huffed. "Oh, alright, but hurry up, Spiky," she retorted, using her nickname for him that he would only let her use.



"Okay, Mom," Naruto said teasingly as Kakashi left and went into the living room and he got dressed in his usual orange outfit before coming out. "There, happy now?"



"Mayyyybeeee,"Saskuya teased him. "But let's go meet the others now."



They headed out-Saskuya locking the door once they were outside-and met up with the others before they headed to a restaurant Saskuya saw was named the Leaky Cauldron.



"Interesting..."Saskuya mused. "Looks old."



"It is old," Kakashi replied. "This place has been around for a very long time."



"Eh..." Naruto said, staring at it. "How is it still standing then?"



Kakashi chuckled. "Honestly, I don't know."



"Hn," Sasuke grunted in his usual way, obviously bored.



"C'mon, let's go to the back," Kakashi told them, leading them out the back door. "Eh...I think we need a wand to do it..."



Saskuya frowned. "A what?"



"Wand," Kakashi replied. "You use it to make magic."



"Well, how do we get in then?" Sakura asked.



"Ah think Ah can help with tha'," a deep voice boomed behind them, and the three shinobi spun around to see a huge man holding a flowery pink umbrella and who was about fifteen feet tall. "Move aside."



The ninjas-in-training moved out of the way and the huge man tapped a certain brick with his umbrella before stepping back and the bricks rearranged themselves to form an archway.



"Cool!!" Saskuya, Sakura, and Naruto exclaimed simultaneously, awed by the sight that greeted them from the archway.



"Hn," Sasuke said, obviously not impressed.



"Nice vocabulary, Sasuke," Saskuya told him sarcastically, rolling her eyes at him.



"He doesn't impress easily, does he?" a boy with unruly black hair that looked much like Naruto's hairstyle and glasses asked from near the big guy.



"Not really," Sakura admitted reluctantly. "He's usually like this anyway."



"Oh...the name's Harry Potter. And you are?"



"I'm Saskuya Oromaru, the blonde is Naruto Uzumaki, the one with the...um...not-so-broad vocabulary is Sasuke Uchiha, and the girl is Sakura Haruno. Oh, and the guy with us is our sensei, Kakashi Hatake," Saskuya introduced them.



"Sensei? What's that mean?" Harry asked them, confused.



Saskuya chuckled."Eh, sorry, I forgot you weren't familiar with that word...means teacher."



"Ah." Harry stared at them. "Are you guys foreign or something?"



"Yup!" Naruto said with a huge grin. "We're from Japan."



"Really? You guys are Japanese students? And what's he your teacher for?"



"We're ninjas!"Sakura replied.



"You're not shinobi quite yet," Kakashi corrected. "You're more ninjas-in-training right now."



"So you're training to be ninjas?"



"Well, technically, we are already ninjas, but we need to become Chunin to actually go on the ninja kind of missions rather than the Genin we are now," Naruto explained.



"Good way of explaining it, 'Ruto!" Saskuya praised him.



Naruto shrugged."Thanks...I guess..."



"C'mon, let's get your stuff before the stores close, you guys are talking so long," Kakashi put in teasingly.



Saskuya rolled her eyes before blinking. "Wait...We don't have any money! Ninjas don't really need money except to eat...and Naruto's a pig when it comes to ramen."



"Hey!" Naruto yelled at her. "Sassy!"



"What? You are!"



Harry chuckled. "You two are close, aren't you?"



"Best friends,"Naruto replied with a nod, adding afterwards, "Although with the other two it's a bit more complicated than that."



"Naruto and Sasuke are rivals and Naruto also has a huge crush on Sakura while she has a huge crush on Sasuke," Saskuya explained to Harry when he looked confused, not mentioning her own crush on Naruto so as not to let said ninja know too soon.



"Ah," Harry said in understanding. "So...what are ninja doing in Diagon Alley?"



"Err...we're all also wizards and witches, well...except for Kakashi Sensei," Sakura put in.



"I'm escorting them to the castle," Kakashi was heard to say to the big guy who had been with Harry.



"Oh...that's Hagrid,"Harry explained upon seeing Saskuya's confused look at the big man.



"Interesting name,"she noted to herself as the small group stepped into Gringotts.



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Read and review and see you in chapter three.

Sign up to rate and review this story