Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"Yea. Patrick. Pete. Petrick all the same."

by Syn_INC 1 review

"Right?" I whispered. "We're whispering because?" "The twins are sleeping." "I thought Patrick was the only one who could put them to sleep?" "Yea. Patrick. Pete. Petrick all the same."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-06-05 - Updated: 2008-06-06 - 1533 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 82
It was never a good sign when Gin stopped speaking.
"I mean you don't HAVE TO go to the party. I just thought that-" I started.
"No..." Gin sighed with tears beneath her contacts, "umm, Joe's birthday present that I bought from- Lucasfilm Limited was shipped and will arrive in 4-6 days."
"What's so...when did you buy him something?"
"July 19th."
"Really?"
"Yea."
"Why?"
"Because when I went to Minnesota I went to Califoria first, you remember that."
"I do."
"I went to Skywalker Ranch."
It didn't occur to me what Skywalker Ranch was until I put 2 & 2 together. What did she get this boy that would make her get sad like this?
I then saw Gin wipe her eyes and blow her hair out her face. I ordered what she usually got and she just kept on crying. This pregnancy was gonna take a lot out of her and it was going to be hard. With Joe not there I know all Gin was going to do was cry.
But this was her vounerable side that no one should ever know about.
"What did you get him?" I asked.
"Nothing. If he does get it, and he doesn't want it- I don't want him to throw it away-"
"Why didn't you cancel it?"
"Couldn't."
"When should he get it?"
"8/31 or 9/1."
Gin wiped her eyes over and over and just cried into her water.
"I feel like shit. Can we get CinnaBon after this?" Gin asked.
"Yes little one." I said softly.
"Thank you."
For the next 45 minutes Gin and I sat there and ate. This was besides the random 'Oh my god you're-- so and so' from the Teemo Boppers. They either had on our line with The Rising or Pete's with The Bat. In the end, it was one and the same.
"I'm wearing our hoodie." Gin said softly.
"Its ok. We can do that." I added, "Because we're Pete now."
"Yay being Pete."
Gin and I high 5ed, signed some more 'autographs', took pictures, paid and were out the door.
"I don't think we should talk about iHop anymore." Gin stated.
"Right?" I whispered.
"We're whispering because?"
"The twins are sleeping."
"I thought Patrick was the only one who could put them to sleep?"
"Yea. Patrick. Pete. Petrick all the same."
"Joe calls me Baby Killer dude..."
"Yea I know. I thought it was bogus the first time I heard it. At least he's referring to you."
"Yea...as Baby Killer."
"Would you rather have him not refer to you at all?"
"I guess."
"But guess what?"
"What?"
"We get to see Kevin Smith next week."
"KEVIN SMITH!"
Gin and I high 5ed and sighed.
When Saturday the 23rd came, a mear week after Joe was supposed to be married I was conned into going up to the Glenview house. I hated this drive. Not to mention I was very angry and hot. Much to my surprise I was confused when Gin opened the door.
"The hell." I stated.
"Dude. Rockband."
"We have Rockband at your place. I drive and hour for Rockband?"
"Its 27 minutes."
"I had to pee up and down that fucking stretch."
"Ok."
"How'd you get in anyway?"
"Patrick gave me the key."
"Nice. Because. That's what we need."
"It is."
The moment I walked in I was splashed with water from all around and started to laugh. I saw my mom standing there with my aunts grinning. Then I saw Gin's mom, Patrick's mom, Pete's sister Hailey, Marie and Ashlee "Mrs. Wentz" Simpson.
"I don't get it." Ash stated to Gin.
"Its a baby shower." Gin said laughing, "water, shower...its a hispanic thing."
"Oh. Really? Hispanics are so lucky! I want that."
"Then you'll get it. But its all about the adorable pregnant Puerto Rican over there."
"Ok."
I was wet from my hair to my toes and really was about thisclose thinking I wasn't going to get a baby shower.
"So you get 2 huh?" Pat asked walking over.
"Yea, but this time there's no smelly boys around." I said laughing.
"Yea I know what you mean."
"I'm going to go change, dry my hair and be back in 2 shakes of a lambs tail."
As I walked upstairs I texted Gin and she went around the other way.
"How did you get this past me?" I demanded.
"It wasn't my idea. It was your moms."
"What?"
"Yea. She was all like blah, blah, blah es tiempo para el baby shower? I was like blah, blah, blah I didn't know I was suppose to give her one. And then yada, yada, yada million dollar casa she never sees...and this thing was planned in 4 days."
"Dulce!"
"Palabra!"
I high 5ed Gin and just grabbed a towel for my hair.
Its been a while since I've seen a bunch of Puerto Ricans in one room because I was just around with the guys. But with my mom and my aunts and the food I finally felt like I wasn't completely abandoning them or my culture.
In the end I knew my mom understood this was my life. Also that I'm still 100% Puerto Rican so lets do it big until the police have to shut us down.
"Puerto Rican huh?" Marie asked.
"Yep." I stated.
"This food is good."
"I know."
"What's that?"
"Arroz con chorizo."
"Question mark."
"Its just yellow rice with pork sausage."
"I can't have that-"
"umm, then make sure you go over with me or Gin...what's what."
"Can I have this?"
"Rosa!" I yelled.
"Si muñeca?"
"Hay chorizo en eso?"
"Creo que si, Porque?"
"Ella es Kosher."
"Que es eso?"
"No pueden comer chorizo."
"Por que?"
"Por que no es Kosher."
"Que es Kosher?"
"Comò Jesus Cristo y todo eso los judios."
"I told them to ease off the Chorizo." Gin said rolling her eyes, "I did."
"Que ella dice?"
"No recuerdo."
"You would."
My mom then walked over and rolled her eyes.
"Ay, no te preocupes Calista. Me recorde. Rosa's being her. La comida en ollas azules son Kosher. La Baracha made sure to remind me about Kosher."
"What's Baracha?" Ashlee asked.
"Drunk."
"Who's drunk?"
"Gin."
"NO!"
I covered Ashlee's mouth and smiled.
"No. My mom calls her The Drunk...because she always talks about drinking. And no one in this room knows THAT."
"Really?"
"Yes."
"Why?"
"Because of last time."
"But-"
"Another day Grasshopper."
"Ok."
About 715p Pat walked over and put her hand on my belly. I felt a jump and squealed a little. I swear everytime those little buggers move it makes her swell with pride.
"So, how are my grandchildren doing?" Pat asked handing me a bottle of water.
"They're fine. Very obedient."
"As children should be."
"Patrick's great too."
"Is he?"
"Yea. He's my 236a I would like a frozen Snickers and hotdog guy."
"As he should be."
"I know he's gonna make a great papi I just already feel him spoiling the little lady. Now that! Should be fun."
Pat laughed and my mom walked over. For some reason I know they've meet but not for a long period of time. Usually it was my brother Gabe talking about his man crush on Patrick.
"Cali- vamos." My mom stated.
"Mom don't be rude."
"I'm not."
"Ingles por favor."
"Fine. Es tiempo- its time to do something. Afuera. You too Pat, lets go."
Gin still laughed whenever my mom spoke English. It wasn't on purpose it was just that even though my mom spoke English perfectly and fluently it still sounded like it was in Spanish.
There was this huge awesome set up by the pool and I was officially lost. As I noticed the white looking paste and ripped up strips of newspaper I wanted to know what was going on. For some reason I knew this oddity was Gin's idea.
"Nope. Ash is guilty." Gin said crossing her arms.
"Really? What are we doing?"
"We're going to paper mache your belly!"
I looked at Ashlee confused. With this child being 2 months behind me pregnant I thought she was finally losing it. She then brought over the box to me and I was relieve.
"Cool." I said finally, "Dude. We so can do yours too. When I throw your baby shower!"
"And then we can do- ummm, at my baby shower!" Ashlee laughed catching herself.
After getting nice and vasiline'd up (in order for the paper mache to come off perfectly) they all started with strips of paper. I laughed as I read some fall out boy lyics and random things Gin and I wrote.
One strip had a cute message from Ash for the babies and Marie wrote 'thank you for ruining the wedding, it was the best night of my life :) ' over and over. My mom and aunts wrote something about babies being a blessing in Spanish and Pat just had a simple 'I'll always love you guys love Nana.' I couldn't help but cry, I loved her like a second mom.

@@@@@
We'll post about 3 tonight. Just cuz we are anxious to get this story rolling.
We can't WAIT for the birth of the Stumph twins! Woo
Love,
Gin&Cal
Sign up to rate and review this story