Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Stuttering

"Takotsubo cardiomyopathy"

by Syn_INC 5 reviews

"Calista?" Someone asked walking into the room, "Calista Rodriguez?" "For today...sure." "We've gotta go upstairs. Its your husband."

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-06-10 - Updated: 2008-06-10 - 1719 words - Complete

0Unrated
Stuttering 92
Roman started to wail breaking the words Ashlee had said in 2. Pete shook his head slowly and looked up at Joe and Andy who were torturing the shit out of Sofia. They both found this amusing and turned to me when they saw Ash.
"GOD you're HUGE!" Joe and Andy said at the same time.
"Thanks for that lovely self esteem boost you guys!" Ash said rolling her eyes.
"Calista?" Someone asked walking into the room, "Calista Rodriguez?"
"For today...sure."
"We've gotta go upstairs. Its your husband."
I tossed Roman into Gin's arms and she looked at him in his big green eyes.
"Yea. I'll keep you." Gin said laughing.
I was taken upstairs to where they literally had Patrick on a pacemaker. His heart kept giving out and I wasn't having this.
"We know what's wrong with him." Rich stated.
"What didnt you say it was a heart attack?" I demanded.
"No. We ran some test and none of them came back with the normal heart attack related symptoms. It turns out Patrick has Takotsubo cardiomyopathy." Rich stated.
I tried to remember why that sounded so familiar. There was someone else's voice in my head saying it and I spoke along with Rich.
"'Broken Heart' Syndrome." We said at the same time.
"Are you...are you FUCKING kidding me?! Seriously!" I yelled,
"what is that exactly?"
"It's when a severe emotional trauma triggers a weakening of the heart muscle..."
"BULLSHIT!" I yelled pulling at my hair, "I'm the one who had the babies who fought for their lives. I'm the one who barely made it out alive. I'm the one who carried them! Why does life have to be so unfair! Everything happened to me and I'm STANDING here and he's DYING! FUCK that NIGGA! I'm so angry at you Patrick." I said turning to him with tears streaming down my face.
Rich looked at me and i sat in the chair.
"I'm gonna sit here until he gets better." I sighed, "because I wanna kill him myself."
I still had 2 baby blankets over my shoulder and Patrick suddenly started to flat line. My eyes shot open and it feels like it all happened in slow motion.
"We need a crash cart in here!" Rich yelled running into the room.
I somehow was standing in the corner watching Patrick die. They defibbed his heart and I cried like no other.
I sat there and thought about the bad things Patrick put me through and knew he must pay for lying and cheating. I meant pay, monetarily not pay with his life, I was the one who's supposed to kill him. And that would happen in 20 or so years when I wanted to marry someone younger and enjoy all his millions.
As I stood in my corner I started to hyperventilate. This was Patrick. MY Patrick. And he was dying.
"My baby's dying! And I swear to BOB I'll KILL everyone in this room if you don't save him!" I suddenly yelled to the doctors.
Rich looked at me and I saw Patrick's chest rise as he took a breath. It was extremely poor and they got his heart back into rhythm. This was my turn to go a little ape shit on him.
I walked over and started to beat the shit out of him. Which just caused him and everyone in the room to look at me like I was crazy. RIch quickly walked over and pulled me off of him.
"I told you nigga! You're NOT leaving me with 2 crazy creatures! And if you want to die I'll do it for you. It is not YOUR place to decide if you want to die or not!" I yelled tears streaming from my face throwing the baby blankets at him,
"now pull your god damn self together and go see your kids."
"What?" Patrick sighed.
Even the doctors thought I was a little crazy for kicking the ass of a man who literally had came back from the dead. But like I told him and like they know...he's not going into the sunset like that at all.
I went back down to the NICU and Gin was having the time of her life with Roman.
"Cal." Gin stated.
"Yea?" I asked.
"Can I keep him?"
"I'm gonna tell you what I tell Joe. Make your own kid."
"Psssh. Whatev."
Everyone had piled out and went to visit Patrick. I sat in the corner of the room a nervous wreck trying to steady my heart rate.
"Patrick almost died?" Pete confronted me like a crazy housewife who was going ape shit on her husbands mistress. He was shaking and he had tears.
"No he DID die. Yea, it was great. You should have been there." I said annoyed.
"You didn't- you threatened to kill him?"
"Where you a fly on the wall?"
"Rich told me."
"He would."
"Calista, what's wrong with you?"
"Do you know what he has?"
"No."
"Takotsubo cardiomyopathy."
"What's that?"
"Broken. Heart. Syndrome."
"What?"
"Yes. like a fucking middle aged widow. Thats what he has! He's not allowed to have that."
"Why not?"
"Because, he's a Cheating Whore."
"What? Tat again?"
"You heard me."
"I'm lost."
I explained this all to Pete and he seemed genuinely shocked.
"Really?" Pete asked.
"Yea." I sighed.
"Sucks."
"That's why only I can kill him."
"Clever." Pete said as he pulled me into a hug and i cried into his shoulder.
~
The next day I was there early with the babies changing diapers and doing it all. If all goes well the doctor said I'd be able to take them home in a few days. I was very pleased at the feeding schedule they were on and we stayed until they kicked us out.
Patrick was sitting there with me changing and doing it big too in his hospital night gown. I ignored him while I fed Roman but i would shoot him looks every now and then just to make sure he wasn't having another episode. It seemed as soon as Sofia heard his voice she tried to see where it was coming from. She got vocal until that voice paid attention to her. Patrick looked at her and poked at her.
She didn't like that.
Sofia started to scream and Patrick jumped in sheer shock. He didn't know his daughter could wake up the dead with that voice. As he held her and rocked her back and forth it seemed nothing worked. Patrick then hummed to 'Beautiful Disaster' by Jon Mclaughlin

She loves her mama's lemonade Hates the sounds that goodbyes make She prays one day she'll find someone to need her She swears that there's no difference Between the lies and complements It's all the same if everybody leaves her And every magazine tells her she's not good enough The pictures that she sees make her cry And she would change everything, everything just ask her

Caught in the in between of beautiful disaster And she needs someone to take her home -

Sofia fell asleep with a hand in his hair and I shook my head.
"She's got you wrapped around her finger already Cheating Whore." I whispered.
Patrick rolled his eyes and gave this smile I hadn't seen since the day we got married. I scoffed out of sheer annoyance.
*
"Ok. I'm taking off." Andy sighed.
"Why?" Joe asked.
"Cali's mom is here, Pete and Ash made it back to California and things are good here."
"Andy we're your only friends don't front."
"Well you know what with an attitude like that."
"Dude we didn't do anything on my birthday."
"Yes we did. We bailed Patrick out of the slammer and Cali had our first Fall Out Babies. That's plenty."
"Drink with me please. I don't wanna drink alone."
"No I wanna go home and clean. I've been in Chicago too long."
"Ugh, hater."
Joe pouted and batted his eye lashes. Andy then started to laugh and finally gave in to JoeTroh. They parked at Joe's walked and down to this hole in the wall bar. They drank to friends, life and love. They also drank to the babies and everyone else awesome they could think of.
They both stumbled home stinkin drunk and passed out in their own corners.
It was about 249p when he turned around with a note from Andy. Andy just said he left and wrote 1145a when we walked out. Joe got up went into the kitchen and sat on his island. He opened the fridge hungry as hell but not feeling to hot.
Joe thought about going to the hospital but knew he still had drink coming through his pours. He played with his R2-D2 and giggled like Patrick. He then hooked up his iPod to it and hit shuffle.
After him not paying attention to what song it was he caught himself jamming along.

I remember when you used to be mine Way back then I was too naive to love you right But now if I only had the opportunity I would do anything Because my heart still believes Maybe you could be mine again / Baby we could make that dream for real

"Fuck." Joe sighed changing Mariah's 'Mine Again'.
Joe then looked to the left and right then blasted the hell out of 'Inifnity on High'. He hasn't done that in a while and it was very good fun.
After another few days in and out of the hospital Joe came to the conclusion that hospital's made him drink. He ended up at a bar getting smashed all by his lonesome. Joe was at the bar drinking down shots like a pro.
It was maybe the 14th shot of Tequila at 129a that him and the bartender started to talk.
"What kind of car do you drive?" Zee the bartender asked.
"A 6 cylinder, 5 speed, slate grey, 2005 Mustang."
"Really? Can I see the keys to it?"
"Can I get another Heinekin?"
"Sure. We'll trade."
"Sweet."
Zee opened the bottle and Joe put his keys on the bar.
"Thank you sir, these are mine. Call a friend to drive you home." Zee stated, "you're smashed."
"But." Joe started, "I don't have any friends."
@@@@@@@
let us know what you think kids.
love,
Gin&Cal
Sign up to rate and review this story