Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Canadian Intervention

Transfigurations and Transformations

by austin316hockey 1 review

Sirius' will is read; Professor McGonagall makes an appearence; Harry and co. begin making modifications to his trunk; More progress with Occlumency; And Harry gains an ally in a former foe.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-06-12 - Updated: 2008-06-12 - 11162 words

3Exciting
10: TRANSFIGURATIONS, AND TRANSFORMATIONS
Harry was not looking forward to this at all. He once again found himself in the large conference room at the Toronto branch of Gringotts bank. He was again joined by Frank, Jeff and Lisa.

He had mixed feelings about the faces that sat about the large conference table. Bill had returned from the London branch, although as Harry thought about it, that probably wasn't too much of an issue. Beside him sat Professor McGonagall. Then Professor Snape. What did Sirius leave HIM, he wondered. Beside him, sat Narcissa Malfoy, along with Draco, who was casting Harry evil glares, virtually from the time Harry had stepped into the room. Beside them sat Remus Lupin; Harry virtually expected him to be there, considering how close he was to his father and Sirius.

Harry reached into his satchel, and pulled out the portrait of his parents, then set it up on the table, so they could see the rest of the group.
"Ah, Mr. and Mrs. Potter," Greeted Griphook, "Feel free to use the free frame over the fireplace." The goblin gestured to the larger, empty frame above the fireplace, "It's a 'public' frame."
"Don't mind if we do," Said James, as both he and his wife left the portrait.
"J-james?" Remus sputtered, staring wide-eyed at the couple that now adorned the much larger portrait.
"It most certainly is, Mooney," Said James. The look on Professor McGonagall's face was precious, to say the least, as she too was shocked and surprised.
"'lo professor," James greeted. It took several moments for the transfiguration professor to finally catch her voice. "Indeed, Mr. Potter," She finally managed.
"I could've had my parents with me 5 years ago, professor," Harry said coldly. That drew scowls from Remus, Professor McGonagall, and surprisingly, Professor Snape. File that one away for later, too, thought Harry.
"There will be more time for discussion later, but perhaps we should attend the business at hand," Said Griphook, as a folder materialized before him.
"What's HE doing here?" Asked Draco, pointing at Frank.
"None of your business," Harry hissed.
"This is a closed reading," said Narcissa, icily, "I must ask the same question as my son; what reason does he have being at this proceeding?"
"Because I bloody asked him to!" Harry thundered, about to stand. Frank put a hand on his shoulder to prevent it; he could actually feel the charge of energy coming off him.
"Well, well, let's see," Draco drawled, appraising the stranger's appearance, "Muggle clothes, muggle appearance… the mud blood's fallen for a muggle…" Harry was on his feet before Frank could stop him, wand already drawn.
"Mr. Malfoy, another comment such as that will land you in a ministry holding cell," Griphook warned.
"Harry, sit down, this'll all be finished very quickly," Said Jeff, also putting a hand on his shoulder. Harry flicked his wrist again, and his wand vanished, as he sat back down. "Say it again, Malfoy, and you won't be leaving this room on your feet."
"Not bloody likely," Malfoy sneered.
"Enough, Mr. Malfoy!" Severus growled, glaring at the blonde-haired boy sitting beside him.
"Thank you, Mr. Snape," Said Griphook, "May we get on with this?"
"Please do," Said Harry, "Just, let's get this over with."
"The will filed on May 25, 2007, reads as follows… Package labelled LWT-SOB 5-25-2007 will be retrieved from vault No. 711, and opened…" Griphook paused for a moment. "I'll have someone retrieve the item at once."

It seemed more like 10 minutes for a goblin to retrieve the named object, during which everyone broke into their own groups, engaging in idle chatter. At last, a goblin entered the conference room, bringing a large, but thin box. It was placed in front of Harry. He hesitated not, and opened it… and gasped at what was inside. A frame. In which was a portrait… a portrait of a young Sirius Black. He needed not guess what needed to be done next. He quickly pulled it out of the box. Professor McGonagall, seeing what it was, quickly conjured up an easel.
"Thank you, professor," Said Harry, placing the portrait on it.
"I assume you know how to wake it up, Harry," Said Bill.
"Yeah, I woke my parents already," Answered Harry. He stood and flicked his wrist, his wand instantly appearing in his hand. He tapped the portrait with it, saying "Excito Sursum!"

He was pleasantly surprised, as the portrait seemed to wake, Sirius blinking at Harry. A smile quickly tugged at his lips.
"Hello Harry."
"Sirius," Harry barely whispered, feeling his knees grow weak. He stumbled back to his seat, his eyes still fixed on his godfather.
"Well, I hope my death was something spectacular," Said Sirius, "Nothing mundane or the like."
"Belletrix stunned you, and you fell through… through some veil at the Ministry of Magic," Said Harry, quietly. He felt the tears welling up in his eyes, but did nothing to hide them. Even if Malfoy was sitting at the same table.
"Harry. You mustn't feel sorry for my passing."
"It's… it's hard."
"As I'm sure it is, Harry. Just realize, this portrait is one of the things you will take home with you today," Said Sirius. He looked up at the portrait above the fireplace, and broke into a wide grin.
"Padfoot!" Said James, breaking into a wide grin himself. Harry saw Professor Snape again scowl, and it didn't take a lot to guess what was going through his head.
"Harry was supposed to have this portrait of us when he started school," Said Lily.
"Ah, yes, the meddling headmaster," Said Sirius, "Although now is not the time. Let's get on with the reason why you're all assembled here."
"Indeed," Said Griphook.
"There is a parchment detailing my bequeaths in my vault, also filed with this portrait. However, I thought it was more personal if I were to make my bequeaths from here."
"As long as the parchment details them accurately," Said Griphook.
"As I was informed by one of your colleagues," Said Sirius, "Now. On to the business, then. Let's see, Narcissa. My dear cousin. I leave you the grand sum of 1 galleon, to spend as you see fit…"
"What!? OUTRAGEOUS!!!" Narcissa cried, leaping to her feet, "I demand… I CONTEST! I'll… I'll hex you!"
"And just what can you expect to accomplish, cousin? Do you take me as being that daft? If you really want to contest it, be my guest," Said Sirius. Harry only sat there, trying to hide his smirk.
"Nice folks, they are," Whispered Frank. That got another scowl from Draco.
"Bloody prat," Harry said. More scowling from both Draco and his mother.
"And you are?" Asked Sirius, looking Frank over.
"Oh. Padfoot, this is Frank. Frankie, this is Sirius, my godfather," Harry introduced.
"I would shake your hand, but, err, well, the circumstances rather prevent it," Said Sirius. Both he and Frank smiled, as did Harry. "Now, where was I? Ah, my cousin Belletrix. I give her also the grand sum of 1 galleon, don't spend it in one place."
"I'll make sure an owl is sent out," Said Griphook, "It seems Mrs. Lestrange chose not to attend."
"And a good thing she didn't," Harry growled, the smile vanishing from his face.
"On to Albus Dumbledore. I note he is not here either."
"I am here on his behalf," Said Severus, dryly.
"Unusual, but seeing your working relationship with Mr. Dumbledore, I'll allow it," Said Griphook. Sirius nodded. "I was rather hoping to have a few words with him face to face, but that I guess will have to wait. For the record, I'm very displeased at the way in which Harry has been taken care of. I would assume steps have been taken to change that."
"Yeah, there has, Padfoot."
"Good to hear," Said Sirius, "I would have also left just a galleon to him, however, I do still have a modicum of respect for the man. So, I leave Albus Dumbledore 1 thousand galleons to spend as he sees fit." Severus nodded, scratching out notes with a quill.
"And Minerva. My favourite professor. I leave you 10 thousand galleons."
"Thank you, Mr. Black," Said Minerva.
"No, thank you. After all, it was through your class I was able to become an Animagus." He paused. "Mooney, one of my best friends. You're the last of the Marauders. Look after Harry now. Teach him what he needs to know. All of you, teach him, and help him in the fight against Voldemort. Our world won't be safe until he and the Death Eaters are gone. Remus, I leave you 100 thousand galleons. Get yourself a new wardrobe, and a better place to live, Merlin knows you can afford it now."
"I guess I can," Said Remus, a half-smile forming on his lips.
"I do believe that covers everyone, except for Harry. Harry, I leave you the rest of the Black estate, namely the contents of vault 711, No. 12 Grimmauld Place in London, and 2 other properties, whose deeds and further documentation are included in the vault. Along with that, Harry, I also name you head of the house of Black…"
"WHAT?!" Draco exploded, leaping to his feet, "That's supposed to be ME!!"
"Not when it falls to my decision. Knowing full well where all my money would be used, I choose to give it, along with the title to someone who will make better use of it," Said Sirius.
"I will be contesting that, mark my words!" Narcissa hissed.
"You do that," Said Sirius.
"Mr. Potter," Said Griphook, producing a box.
"Wait. If Mrs. Malfoy is contesting it, I can't accept this," Said Harry.
"Legally, the only thing that can be contested is the money, Mr. Potter. As Mr. Black had de-facto authority to pass on the title, he chose you."
"Oh."
"Harry, it will make it nearly impossible for Dumbledore or any others to meddle with you again," Said Jeff.
"Although I must point out, he is very hard at work using his influence at the British Ministry to get most of this reversed, Mr. Potter," Severus warned.
"No doubt he is, Mr. Snape, I would expect no less," Said Jeff. Harry only nodded, as he took the ring from the black box, and slid it on a finger beside the Potter ring. It instantly vanished, although he felt another strong charge of magic surge through him. "Huh?!"
"Perfectly normal, Mr. Potter. The two rings have merged," Said Griphook, gesturing to the single ring. Harry looked at it, and was surprised to see the Black crest on it.
"Where did the other ring go?"
"What other ring?" Asked Sirius.
"The Potter ring, of course," Said James, "Son, they are designed so only one ring is necessary. Just think of ours, and it will take the place of the Black crest."
"Oh," Said Harry, thinking of the Potter crest. As expected, the crest on the ring instantly changed.
"Head of house for two families now?" Asked Frank.
"As Professor Snape said to me on the first day of his class, fame isn't everything," Said Harry, "And I agree with that fully." The beginnings of a smile tugged at the lips of the potions professor.
"But with those titles comes power and influence," Said Lily, "Influence that can get you allies, allies you will need to fight Voldemort."
"If the business here is done," Said Griphook, "It is past regular hours."
"Oh, sorry," Said Harry, "Maybe we could go to the Snitch & Bludger's restaurant."
"Indeed," Said Jeff.

10 minutes later, the group, minus the Malfoys, were in a private room at the Snitch & Bludger's restaurant. The place was rather busy, but the staff had wasted little time securing a room, once they knew exactly WHO it was that required it.
"Professor Snape. I know you wanted to talk to my parents again," Said Harry.
"Indeed," Said Severus.
"It's up to mum and dad, then."
"Since Padfoot's here, and if he doesn't mind, then, I'll slip into his portrait," Said James, "I know it's Lily he really wants to talk to." Severus gave him a curt nod, and James vanished into Sirius' portrait. Severus took the portrait containing Lily to the far end of the room, and erected a privacy charm around them.
"I would assume, Snevillus has talked to Lily already?" Said Sirius.
"Snevillus?" Asked Frank.
"Our nickname for the greasy git," Answered James, while Sirius had to suppress a snicker. That drew a sour look from Minerva.
"Guys, please, I may actually need his help," Said Harry.
"You can't trust him, Harry, he's a Death Eater," Said Sirius.
"And he's never lied to me," Harry answered, "He's always told it the way it is, never sugar-coating it. If I'm terrible in class, he tells me that."
"In some ways, I have to agree," Said Minerva, "Although his animosity has certainly clouded his judgement on many occasions."
"Thing is, I need all the help I can get, from anything or anyone. That includes Snape, even if it means taking what he says with a grain of salt. Besides, I do need someone to at least test me in Occlumency." He drew a deep breath. "If I knew I could trust Moody, I would ask him… his experience as an Auror, I know he was one of the best… but he's so close to Dumbledore… I can't risk it."
"Mr. Potter, there are many in the Order now questioning Albus' motives, particularly when it comes to your care and treatment," Said Minerva, "The transcripts of your emancipation hearing last week have been released to the Daily Prophet in their entirety."
"Of course they did," Harry muttered, "More of my private business, plastered on the front pages of the bloody Prophet… lovely."
"The point I'm trying to make, is that there are many people who will help you, all you have to do is ask."
"Professor… I won't be returning to Hogwarts in September," Said Harry.
"I somehow expected that," Said Minerva, "And I won't lie to you. I will miss having you in my class."
"Likewise, I will miss having you as a teacher. Thing is, I have to prepare and learn whatever I can, as fast as I can. It's me or Voldemort. Neither can live while the other survives."
"Who said that, Mr. Potter?" Asked Minerva.
"A prophecy was made about our son, Minerva," Answered James, "That's why we went into hiding. That is part of it, correct, son?"
"Yeah, that's about it," Answered Harry, "I have to either kill him, or be killed by him. There's no other way." Lisa looked down at her watch. "Professor, do you have a place to stay tonight?"
"I was planning on taking a room here at the hotel…"
"Nonsense. Both you and Mr. Snape are welcome at my place, we have plenty of room."
"Um, Lisa…"
"Harry, I believe Snev… err… Severus will be needing more than an hour or two with your mum," Said James.
"Fine," Harry groaned.
"Hey, we won't have to deal with him," Said Frank.
"Indeed, err, Mr…" Said Minerva.
"Frank Iero."
"Indeed, Mr. Iero," Said Minerva, "And in what way do you fit into the picture?"
"One of my new best friends," Answered Harry.
"I see." Minerva pursed her lips, as she more closely inspected Frank. Nose piercings? And what in the world was stuck to… or through his ear lobes? She pursed her lips again. Harry watched her for several seconds, then suddenly burst out laughing.
"Mr. Potter, what is so amusing?" Asked Minerva.
"S-s-sorry professor… it's just that… err… I said that was exactly what your reaction would be to Frank's… appearance," Harry half said, half wheezed, trying to catch his breath. The professor pursed her lips again.
"I guess you haven't seen the punk look before," Said Frank.
"Is that what you call it?"
"Yeah."
"It is rather startling, Mr. Iero, I will grant you that. It would most certainly not be acceptable at Hogwarts."
"Well, Frankie won't have to worry about that, being a muggle and all," Said Harry.
"I can only hope you do not… adopt… his appearance, Mr. Potter, I'm not sure our world would be quite ready for such a… startling change." Harry snickered again at that comment. "Frankie, roll up your sleeve, let her see your tattoos."
"After," Said Frank, gesturing to the corner, where Severus had taken the portrait. He was just removing the privacy charm.
"We're headed back to my house," Said Lisa.
"If you want more time with mum, you can come with us," Harry said curtly.
"I would assume, then, there will be sufficient room," Severus said.
"If you'd rather, you can floo back here to the Snitch & Bludger," Said Lisa. Severus nodded in agreement. "Mr. Lupin, you're most certainly welcome to join us as well, seeing as you are close to Harry."
"Thank you, I think I'll take you up on that," Said Remus.

As Harry exited the floo at Travis' place, he could hear laughter coming from the dining room. It was going on 9:30, so it was still early. He stepped into the room, to find Travis, Ron, and Hermione gathered around the table, engaged in a game of exploding snap.
"Harry, how'd it…" BOOM! Travis' cards went off covering his face with black soot.
"As smashing as that card game you're playing," Answered Harry.
"Why's Travis' face black?" Asked Frank, joining him at the door.
"Exploding snap," Answered Harry, "Quite an amusing game. Guys, I'd better warn you, Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape are coming."
"What's that greasy git coming here for?" Asked Ron.
"Talking with my mum," Answered Harry, "AWAY from us, if we go to the shop."
"Good plan," Said Travis, "I'll be out in a minute to adjust the room… I think Gerard and the guys are practicing or jamming or something."
"I'd better go join them… at least for a while," Said Frank, quickly excusing himself.
"Where are the twins?" Asked Harry.
"Gone back to their shop, I would imagine," Answered Bill, "Or at least back to their trunk. I'm rather impressed with that setup, Harry."
"Illegal, but that doesn't matter right now… I need my friends as much as I need my independence." Just then, the floo fired again, and Lisa joined the group in the dining room.
"'Mione, Ron, I think you guys should join us over the shop… With Snape here… it might get…"
"Awkward?" Asked Travis. Harry nodded. Travis quickly left the house, heading for the shop. The floo fired again, and this time Remus joined the group in the kitchen.
"Ah, Mr. Weasley. Now why did I expect to find you and Miss Granger here?" Asked Remus. Hermione smiled brightly, while Ron only grinned. After all, Remus had been perhaps the best Dark Arts Defence professor they had. "Harry brought us here," Answered Hermione.
"I assumed that," Said Remus, "Although Mr. Weasley, your mother almost went loopy when you vanished. She's still threatening to curse both you and Harry when she sees you." Just then the floo fired again, twice in quick succession. Minerva and Severus joined the rather large group that now assembled in the dining room. "Thank you again, Mrs.?" Asked Minerva.
"Oh, I'm sorry. It's Carter. Alicia Carter. But do call me Lisa."
"Thank you again, Lisa," Said Minerva. Severus inclined his head.
"Professors. May I get you some tea or coffee?"
"Coffee will do," Said Severus.
"A cup of tea would be nice, thank you," Said Minerva, pulling up a seat at the table. Both Harry and Travis watched, as she inspected both the room and the table. "Who enlarged the room?" she finally asked.
"I did," Answered Travis, "And it looks like I'll have to do it again."
"Most impressive bit of transfiguration, Mr. Carter."
"Thanks. Transfiguration is my favourite subject."
"And what year are you in?"
"6th, same as Harry," Answered Travis.
"Most impressive indeed," Said Minerva, a smile tugging at her usually taught lips, "This shows some very advanced skill. I would assume you will go for your mastery once you graduate."
"I haven't thought that far, although it's a possibility, I guess," Answered Travis.

Meanwhile, Harry took the two portraits out of his pocket, set them on the table, and re-enlarged them. James was still in Sirius' portrait. Sirius looked around the room once he was set up.
"Sirius?" Hermione gasped.
"Hermione? What are you doing here?"
"I… err… Harry brought me… but how… when…"
"I knew my luck would run out eventually," Said Sirius, "I updated the will in early May, and I've been keeping the portrait up to date since I got back to Grimmauld place 2 years ago."
"When was this painted?" Asked Harry.
"Before I went to Azkaban. At about the time you were born, actually. James and Lily had theirs done about a year after they graduated Hogwarts… they kept bugging me to do the same."
"Remus, do you have a portrait?"
"Of course. It's stored at my cottage, and yes, Harry, it's kept up to date."
"If I get nothing for my birthday, I'll still be happy," Said Harry, "Having all you guys here with me would make up for that thousands of times over."
"Your tea, Professor. And your coffee, Professor." Lisa placed a cup of tea in front of Minerva, and a cup of coffee in front of Severus.
"Sugar and cream if you like," Said Travis, drawing his wand, and muttering an incantation. Instantly a tray appeared at the centre of the table, containing said items. Both Severus and Minerva appeared confused.
"Your ministry won't send you a warning for doing that? You are under 17, correct?" Asked Minerva.
"Emancipated," Answered Travis. Minerva nodded in understanding.
"If you will excuse us," Said Lily, "Severus and I still have a number of things to discuss."
"G'night, mum, in case I'm off to bed before you're finished."
"Good night, sweetheart," Said Lily, as Severus stood.
"The last room on the right side upstairs will be yours. You can use the front room if you wish," Lisa offered. Severus nodded, taking his coffee and the portrait with him. "Professor McGonagall… you can have the last room on the left side upstairs."
"Thank you."
"Mr. Lupin, I believe the second room on the right side upstairs should be free," Said Lisa.
"Thank you, Mrs. Carter… So Harry, what all have you been doing since you've got here?" Asked Remus.
"Taking stock of what I need. What skills, spells, tactics, or whatever, do I absolutely need. I'm through being nice," Said Harry, icily, "Sirius was the last straw."
"The other side sure as hell doesn't play nice, so why should we?" Asked Travis, summoning a butterbeer from the refrigerator. "Anyone else want one?" With nods from the other teenagers, he retrieved more.
"And why do you feel this is your fight, Mr. Carter?"
"Better question, is why ISN'T it our fight?" Asked Travis, "If Voldemort takes over Britain, what stops him from making a bigger push across the Atlantic? I mean, we got lots of great toys that discourage him, but if he really pours on the effort, he could do some damage. I lost a friend already earlier this year, I really don't want to lose any more."
"See, Professor, that's EXACTLY the problem with our wizarding world. We've got blinders on. These guys over here are willing to help, and Fudge is such a useless prat, he won't accept it! We need all the able wands we can get, and then some," Harry argued.
"Well said, son," Said James, "That's exactly the type of attitude that's caused Wizarding Britain problems in the past."
"I mean, I know it won't stop more dark lords from rising, but…"
"Harry, we haven't had a problem with a major dark wizard in over a century. The last one was Jack Wilcox, and that was back in the 1870s. He terrorized the prairies, and the American Midwest. And why not since? You look at our laws, our wizarding Charter of Rights, then draw your own conclusions," Said Travis.
"Wizarding Charter of Rights?" Asked Minerva.
"Very similar to the muggle charter of rights and freedoms. In essence, it declares every wizard equal, no matter their status, blood, or so on. That's why Griphook warned Malfoy during the reading. He could've been arrested for using the word 'mud blood'. It's a hate crime," Said Lisa.
"Merlin, I know of a lot of people that would be arrested in that case," Said Harry.
"Blood purity is a load of horseshit. If we didn't mix with muggles or half-bloods or whatever, we would just die off. So anyone running their mouth about that kind of thing, well, it's just not tolerated."
"Mr. Carter, you must understand, though, our society is wound in so much bureaucracy and corruption, it's not that easy to change…" Minerva began.
"Because people hate change. They want the status quo. But that just can't keep going on. What happens when Harry defeats Voldemort? Then what? His Death Eaters are still gonna be around, promoting his agenda. Then you have families like the Malfoys, spouting their pure-blood bigotry. Nothing will change, and in the future, Britain will face another powerful dark lord."
"Dumbledore," Said Harry, darkly.
"You can't believe that, Mr. Potter," Said Minerva, shocked.
"Fawkes is sitting on a perch in our room right now, Professor. He's not gone far from me since we got here over a week ago. Draw from that what you can," Said Harry. Minerva only slowly nodded, the ramifications sinking in. Dark ramifications indeed, she thought darkly to herself.
"The Order right now is all tied up trying to get Harry back to England," Said Remus.
"Order? What exactly is it?"
"Order of the Phoenix, Mr. Carter," Answered Minerva, "An organization that becomes active when a dark wizard becomes a problem."
"Or more like, when your Ministry can't cope with him anymore," Travis snorted.
"The Order has done…"
"Absolutely nothing," Harry snapped, "They sit around and plan and plot, while Voldemort is out there, with his death eaters, causing as much destruction and mayhem as possible." Minerva had to agree with that in some ways. Dumbledore always insisted on reacting to things, rather than mounting an offence. A tactic that was, perhaps not the best choice.
"You know that won't change, as long as Dumbledore is leader of the Order," Said Remus.
"No, they've been too busy keeping me in the bloody dark about everything!" Harry fumed, "It seems their purpose these days is to keep me shut in and ignorant, Remus! That's why I left. The people around me aren't gonna keep secrets from me. I need to go into things with my eyes wide open, rather than blind! THAT'S how people get killed!" He looked straight at Remus and Minerva. "If you're just gonna continue to keep things from me and keep me blind and ignorant, I don't want you here. And the same goes for Snape."
"Harry, I…"
"Remus, you knew. You were one of my dad's best friends. Every time I asked you about them in 3rd year, you changed the subject, so YES you've kept things from me. Things I craved like nothing else; a chance to get to know my parents."
"Harry, you have to understand, Dumbledore is a very persuasive man. He asked me not to share a number of things with you, so you would have…"
"Yeah, I know… a quote 'normal' childhood. No, a normal childhood would be allowing me to know about my parents, kids lose their bloody parents far too often, and they turn out alright, so it's all crap! Just a bunch of bloody excuses!" He got up, and stormed out of the house.
"Merlin, has that boy ever changed," Said Remus. That got a nod from Minerva.
"And what would you expect, Mooney? We're all guilty of it in one way or another," Said Sirius.
"What Harry needs now is our support, not meddling from the Order," Said Hermione.
"No question, he's got mine," Said Travis, "One thing I'll never do is try to control or manipulate him. From what I understand, each of you are guilty of it, save for James and Lily. I know he won't let any of you get away with it again. I was actually surprised he let any of you come back here." The table quickly fell silent, Travis' words echoing en everyone's heads.

oOo
"Is it possible to set up a more 'offensive' protection around my mind?" Asked Harry. He and his subconscious twin once again sat in the small room with the computer.
"What did you have in mind?"
"Something like, say, the Cruciatus curse?"
"Well, we DO know what it feels like, I don't see why not," Said the clone. Harry gave an evil smirk. Yes, if he had his way, a certain snake-face would be in for a NASTY surprise the next time he chose to visit. Come to think of it, on the other hand, no visits recently, nor were there nightmares. That still confused him, for how could a muggle have an influence like that. He really needed to read the book Mr. Ollivander had recommended.

Back to the task at hand, he began to concentrate on the area he had set up as a defence. Now, there would be 2 layers. The first, was the sounds of his mother screaming the night she died. The second, he decided, would be from one of his visions, seeing Voldemort cast the Cruciatus curse. Except that he had actually felt the pain from it, and so he poured that emotion into it, amplifying it many times. As the book Bill had given him said, another mind attempting to enter his own would be vulnerable, and far more sensitive to emotions. The big question was, was he ready for the first serious test?

oOo
As Harry and Frank stepped into the house for breakfast, they found the dining room had once again been expanded, to make room for 3 more guests. However, half the spaces were empty, as clearly, the other members of My Chemical Romance had been there and gone.
"Looks like another hot one today, boys," Said Lisa, looking up from her paper.
"That's something we need to put on the trunk, I think… a cooling charm," Said Travis, between bites. Harry nodded, as he and Frank took a seat.
"Where's Professor Snape?" Asked Harry, as he poured himself a bowl of cereal.
"Still asleep, I would imagine. He's not exactly a morning person, Harry," Said Remus.
"No wonder he's such a git in class," Ron snorted, promptly garnering a swat across the arm from Hermione. Harry grinned at their banter. He needed not guess their relationship had moved into more serious territory.
"I will be returning to Hogwarts after breakfast, Mr. Potter," Said Minerva.
"Yeah, kind of expected," Said Harry, "I guess you're in contact with Dumbledore, then?" Minerva nodded. "Would you mind passing him a letter?"
"Not at all."
"Here, then," Said Harry, producing a letter, and passing it across the table.
"I'll make sure he gets it. Mr. Potter, if anything, I'm quite pleased that you're making yourself comfortable here. Although I agree with some of Albus' motives, I most DEFINITELY don't agree with how your affairs have been handled. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to send me an owl. That goes for the other professors."
"Thank you, professor, that means a lot," Said Harry.

Minerva continued to sip her tea, again appraising the Boy-Who-Lived. No, this was definitely not the teen-aged kid that left Hogwarts a bundle of nerves just 3 weeks prior. The boy had gained a bit of backbone. Perhaps a little bit of his Slytherin side was showing. Of course, she thought to herself, that had to come out eventually. After all, every student possessed qualities of all the 4 houses at Hogwarts. That was the purpose of the sorting hat: to determine which of those qualities presented themselves strongest in each student.

Then there was the strange muggle that sat beside him. She noted how close they sat together, the occasional quirky smile Harry gave… ah yes, of course she had saw THIS before. 2 years ago, with fellow Tri-Wizard Champion Cedric Diggory. The muggle though? This was confusing. His hair was as strange as his piercings… and those odd 'things' he had stuck in his ear lobes. What in Merlin's name were they? He had on a pair of cut-off loose shorts, that matched those worn by Harry. Of course, he probably gave Harry those, she thought. The black tee shirt he wore had the slogan 'KILL 'EM ALL' on it. Most disturbing. Oh, what will Albus think?
"Mr. Iero, I'm curious… exactly what are those things in or on your ears?" Asked Minerva, finally. Frank gave a grin, and pressed gently on his left ear, displacing the item. "It's called an ear gauging." The black part looked more like an eyelet.
"Did it hurt?" Asked Harry.
"Not really," Answered Frank, as he replaced his 'decoration'.
"Now why would you want to do something like that?" Asked Minerva, clearly confused. Remus also appeared confused at this.
"If you ask me, it's rather cool," Said Harry.
"Young man, you will NOT be doing ANY of that," Said a voice from one of the portraits that rested on the island counter between the dining room and the kitchen.
"Lils, just how are we gonna stop our son from doing that? He is legally an adult," Said James.
"Thanks, dad," Said Harry, with a grin.
"Professor, Mr. and Mrs. Potter, just be glad he doesn't smoke," Said Travis, "Speaking of which… excuse me." Travis stood up, and went out to the back deck.
"Yeah, have to agree with Travis on that one," Said Frank, standing, "I'd quit if I could." He too went outside to the back deck, to join Travis.
"And what exactly does Mr. Iero do?" Asked Minerva.
"He's a musician. His band mates were in earlier," Explained Lisa, "Travis and a few friends went to one of their concerts in May, which resulted in an ugly incident."
"Yes, the Daily Prophet reported that, I remember," Said Minerva.
"They've been here pretty much since. They've all become close friends with my son, and now Mr. Iero seems to have taken a strong liking to Harry," Said Lisa. Harry only nodded, as he finished his breakfast. Suddenly, there were two POPs, and the twins appeared by the door leading out to the back deck. "Professor! What…" Began George.
"…are you doing here?" Finished Fred.
"Same question I might ask you, Mr. and Mr. Weasley," Said Minerva.
"Helping Harry, of course!" Answered Fred, beaming, as he pulled up a seat at the table.
"Causing trouble, more like it," Said Minerva.
"Professor, they've done nothing of the sort," Answered Lisa.
"Remus, what are you doing here?" Asked George.
"I'm here for the same reason you are," Answered Remus, "Harry needs all the help he can get." George only nodded in understanding, as he pulled another trunk from his pocket. His twin did the same thing.
"Dad's been rather busy this morning, we've changed the naming for the trunk," Said George, "The old naming system might have gotten confusing, so we've simplified it. Harry, yours will now be 'Harry Potter's Trunk'. The one at our shop is 'Fred Weasley's Trunk'."
"Simple enough," Said Harry, as his dishes vanished from the table, "I guess you've bought more."
"Nearly broke the bank, but we decided…" George began.
"…It would be better if we both had a trunk…"
"…along with Travis and Frank's friends," George finished.
"They'll appreciate that, I think," Said Harry, nodding in approval.
"A multi-compartment trunk, I would assume?" Asked Remus.
"That would be it," Answered George with a grin.
"Is it set up already?" Asked Harry. Both twins nodded in unison.
"Bring it outside, let's show Remus and Professor McGonagall," Said Harry, standing. He collected the two portraits, and stepped out onto the back deck.
"Fred, George, didn't see you guys get here," Said Travis.
"We apparated from Harry's trunk," Said Fred.
"Wait. You can do that?" Harry appeared worried.
"Only if you're keyed into it," Answered George.
"Travis, this one's yours," Said Fred, as he re-enlarged the trunk he had.
"And Frank, this one's for your band mates," Said George, re-enlarging the one he had.
"You're giving one to muggles? Oh dear," Said Minerva.
"What? Look, these guys are my friends, and I'll do whatever it takes to keep them safe," Travis said icily, "Secrecy or not, I don't give a flying fuck."
"These guys have seen enough magic done already," Said Harry, "It's not gonna matter a whole lot."
"It will if someone not expecting it sees them using it, Harry. It just shouldn't be done."
"Too bad," Said Travis, "Thank you for doing that, guys," He gestured to Fred and George.
"I'll pay you guys back for that," Said Harry, "We'll consider it a business investment."
"I think we'll take him up on that, right Gred?"
"Right indeed, Forge," Said Fred, again taking out his wand. He tapped the trunk he had brought with his wand, saying, "Grant control rights, Harry Potter." A red swirl of magic wafted from the trunk, to connect with Harry, and vanish into his chest. He again tapped the trunk, saying, "Transfer ownership, Travis Carter." A blue swirl of magic wafted from the trunk, to connect with Travis, and vanish into his chest.
"We'd better not transfer ownership to Frank or his band mates, only a magical person can set access rights," Said George.
"Shall we take a look, then?" Said Harry, producing his wand. He tapped the black panel, saying, "Add, Minerva McGonagall, and Remus Lupin." Two silver points of light vanished into the panel.
"One thing the trunk maker forgot to mention, Harry," Said Fred, "When we give access to someone, they can access ANY of the trunks."
"Good to know," Said Harry, as he touched the black panel. He vanished.
"Professor, Remus, just do the same thing. It's similar to a port key." Said Travis.

Minutes later, Harry, Travis, Ron, Hermione, Frank, George, Fred, Minerva, and Remus stood in the empty room.
"Harry, you'll have to draw me a floor plan of what you want for your trunk, by the way. I'll need that for each trunk, so I can build the interior."
"Well, well, Mr. Carter, that truly would be impressive," Said Minerva.
"Like I said, I LOVE transfiguration, and so does my wand," Said Travis.
"The fireplace, is it connected to the floo?" Asked Remus, as Harry set the two portraits up over the mantle.
"Not to the regular network, it isn't," Answered Fred, "It's a private network among the trunks."
"However, there is a trunk sitting back in our shop in Diagon Alley," Said George.
"So in other words, you've set up an illegal international floo connection," Said Minerva, pursing her lips.
"I think it's ingenious, professor," Said Hermione, "Harry needs his friends, and if that's what it takes to do it, then…"
"Just be careful, all of you," Said Minerva, "If it is discovered, you could all land in a heap of trouble. Floo regulations are in place for a reason."
"No need to remind me, professor, I already know that," Said Travis.
"Anyway, let me show you my trunk," Said Harry, collecting the portraits again. Already standing by the fireplace, he took a handful of floo powder, tossed it into the fire, then stepped in, saying "Harry Potter's trunk!" And vanished into the red flames(1).

The trunk they all appeared in was virtually identical to the one they just left, other than a couple of items having already been placed on the walls. Harry again placed the two portraits over top of the fireplace.
"Harry, you might consider just getting a few blank portraits," Suggested James.
"That would be more convenient," Harry agreed.
"Although I would like to stay and chat," Said Minerva, "I do have things to attend to back at Hogwarts."
"Professor, we can take you back to London, there's a trunk in our shop," Said George.
"Thank you, Mr. Weasley. Although once again, I have to remind all of you, particularly Harry, be careful out and about. Even here in Canada. None of us know exactly what You-know-who is up to," Minerva cautioned, while George activated the floo.
"Count on it, professor, I'm being careful," Said Harry. With that, George and Minerva vanished in the then red flames.
"I must say, this is an impressive set up," Said Remus, conjuring up some comfortable seats. No one needed an invitation, and everyone sat down.
"What would be absolutely brilliant, is if we could duplicate the Room of Requirement," Said Harry.
"That's some powerful magic, Harry," Said Remus.
"Room of Requirement? What's that?" Asked Frank.
"There's this room at Hogwarts," Said Harry, "It can change into just about anything you can imagine. You only need to think about exactly what you want, and the room becomes it. We used it most of last year for our DA meetings."
"It provided us with everything we needed to learn and practice," Said Hermione.
"You might want to look at the library back at Grimmauld place," Said Sirius, "There are a lot of obscure books there that might point you in the right direction."
"I can have the library moved possibly here," Remus suggested, "We haven't been using the place for Order meetings, since we were unsure of ownership."
"Yes, right," Said Sirius, "Forgot about that small detail. Although I clearly stated in my will that Harry is to inherit everything, certain family traditions may in fact pass the ownership of the house into the hands of my crazy cousin, Belletrix Lestrange, instead." Harry grimaced at the mention of the woman's name. "There is one way to quickly sort things out. If you have in fact inherited No. 12 Grimmauld Place, you will also have inherited Kreacher."
"Lovely," Said Harry, then called out to no one in particular, "Kreacher?!" With a loud CRACK, a house-elf appeared near Harry's seat. To Frank, it was the ugliest creature he had ever lay eyes on. He had a flattened nose, ears that better resembled those of a bat's, and enormous bloodshot eyes(2). He wore a greasy old pillow case. "Kreacher won't, no, won't!" The ugly elf croaked, his eyes bulging at Harry, "Kreacher belongs to Miss Belletrix, oh yes, he does!" All the while, the little elf stomped his feet, jumped up and down, in effect throwing a temper tantrum like a 2-year old. "Muggles, Mud bloods, werewolves, blood traitors… Kreacher won't, no he WON'T!!!" He dropped to the floor, kicking and pounding it with his fists.
"Kreacher SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Harry finally exploded, having enough of this little display by the disgusting thing that called himself a house elf.

Kreacher instantly stopped shouting, and looked for a moment like he couldn't breathe. He looked up at Harry with bulging eyes, and more than a glint of hatred.
"Well, that answers that question. No. 12 Grimmauld place has definitely passed into your possession, including Kreacher," Said Sirius.
"Lovely," Harry groaned, "I'm thrilled."
"Just lop his head off and be done with it," Frank spat, "Fucking crazy if you ask me." That drew an intense glare of hatred from the house elf.
"No, only poisoned by years of service to my ancestors," Sirius answered.
"What do I do with him, though? I don't need him spewing his trash around me and my friends."
"Perhaps send him to Hogwarts? The other elves could keep an eye on him," Remus suggested. Harry nodded, then turned to Kreacher. "Kreacher, you will go to Hogwarts, and help the elves there in the kitchens. You will not speak the phrases mud blood, or blood traitor ever again. Get lost." The elf gave the coldest look of hate he could muster, and vanished with a loud CRACK.
"Err, Sirius. I thought Grimmauld Place was under a Fidelius Charm."
"Dumbledore removed it believing the location may have been compromised," Said Remus, "We've been meeting at Hogwarts in the meantime."
"Sirius, I think I'd just rather get rid of the place," Said Harry.
"It's yours to do as you see fit, pup," Said Sirius.
"Jeff can probably help with that," Said Travis.
"Your lawyer, correct?"
"Yeah, certainly pulled me out of enough trouble over the past few years," Said Travis, "He was quite eager to help Harry."
"And his legal fight is far from over. As Severus already mentioned, Dumbledore does not give up easily. He still sees Harry as a boy, meant to be honed as a weapon, and nothing more," Said Remus.
"Thing is, he obviously doesn't get it," Said Travis, "Harry's protected by a foreign government. If the British Ministry of Magic tries to interfere, I mean, as far as I understand it, that would cause an incident, and probably involve the ICW."
"ICW? What's that?" Asked Frank.
"International Confederation of Wizards," Answered Travis, "They're like our version of the United Nations."
"But, isn't Dumbledore a member of that?" Asked Hermione.
"Still suspended, pending an internal review," Answered Remus, "The charges against him are serious, and of course, call into question his trustworthiness. They were about to reinstate him as Supreme Mugwump, after the fiasco last year, but decided not to when these charges came to light."
"I will NOT be anyone's toy or tool, I said it already before, and I'll say it again," Said Harry. Just then, Dobby appeared with a light POP. "Harry Potter, sir, Miss Lisa says Professor Snape looking for yous."
"Thank you, Dobby," Said Harry, "No doubt wanting to talk to my mum again. What ARE you guys talking about anyway?"
"Severus and I were friends, dear," Answered Lily, while James moved into Sirius' portrait.
"I'll be right back," Said Harry, standing. He gathered the portrait with his mother in it, then touched the black panel, to vanish.

He found Severus seated at the table on the deck, under the umbrella, scribbling down a few notes on a piece of parchment. "Professor?"
"I was hoping to have another word with your mother," Said Severus.
"I thought so," Said Harry, producing the portrait, "Err, sir, could I… have a word with you, later?" The potions professor only nodded, as Harry set the portrait on the table.

Most of the day was spent in between the trunks, as ideas and plans were laid out. Remus and Hermione were busily moving the books out of the Black library back at Grimmauld Place, into Travis' trunk. It was decided that for now, his trunk would be left alone, other than to be expanded to twice its size. Travis would set things up himself later on.

While that was going on, Harry took a seat in front of the fireplace in his own, sketching out a plan for his trunk, so Travis could do the modifications. He got plenty of input from Sirius, his father, and Frank, as to what they might need. After all, if everything was set up well, they could return Travis' room to the way it was.

It was decided right from the get-go that Harry's trunk would be the main 'residence' on the network, with the others being only connections, for the most part. The others would be encouraged to set things up as they saw fit, but there would be room set up for everyone in Harry's, along with several spare rooms. There would be a decent-sized kitchen, along with a large dining room; a library would be a must, with all the books coming from Grimmauld Place. He wondered if Travis would want to bring his computers down as well. His own room, he decided, would be a little bigger than the others. This was, after all, HIS trunk.

oOo
Mid-afternoon, Dobby again appeared, informing Harry Severus had finished his chat with Lily. Harry quickly left the trunk, and again located the potions professor, still sitting on the back deck, even though it was incredibly warm.
"Professor?"
"What did you want to talk about, Potter?"
"Sir, I… I know we've not really gotten along… but I also know… I know you know a lot about the dark arts… and quite honestly, I need all the help I can get."
"I see," Said Severus, furrowing his brows. Of all the things he had expected of Potter, this was the last.
"Severus, please," Said Lily from the portrait, "I know you and James did not get along, but this is not James. He is my son." Severus frowned at that, looking briefly back at the portrait. The brat was a spitting image of James, down to the unruly hair. Yet, the eyes blinking back at him from the portrait were all he needed, to be reminded, yes, this was also Lily's son that stood in front of him.
"Sir," Harry continued, "I don't… so much need you to, err, teach me… I know you have to return to Hogwarts… it's more, I need material to study."
"I see," Said Severus, nodding, "Perhaps I can help you there, I have access to a few volumes."
"And sir. I have been practicing Occlumency."
"Do tell."
"Bill Weasley gave me a book before I left, and, I've been studying it for the past while… I just wish… err, just, I want you to test me, and tell me how I'm doing with it."
"Very well… not that I expect all that much, Potter," The potions professor sneered.
"I'm ready, professor," Said Harry, calmly. Severus drew his wand, pointed it at Harry, saying, "Legilimens!"

Severus had expected to just barge into the brat's mind, like only a few months prior. He had expected to walk through his memories, as if he were browsing ingredients at his favourite apothecary.

He almost dropped his wand, with the shock. Instead of the 'cake walk' he had anticipated, he had been blasted with what felt like the Cruciatus curse, along with the sounds of someone screaming. Lily?!
"Sir?" Asked Harry. Severus said nothing, quickly putting his wand away. "Can… can I get you something?"
"N-No," Severus finally managed, slumping back in his seat.
"Harry, what did you do to him?" Asked Lily.
"It was my mind's defences. I don't know… if it could keep Voldemort out very long, but… I expect it would hurt."
"Oh yes, it hurt, that I assure you, Potter," Severus managed, reaching into his robe, and pulling out a vial, "If I didn't know better, I would believe I had just been under the Cruciatus curse, and believe me, I know what it feels like."
"I chose that memory specifically, sir," Said Harry, "Along with my mum's screams the night she died. The Dementors were SOOOO helpful reminding me of that one."
"It was… more than adequate, Potter. Do tell, have you sorted through your thoughts yet?"
"I've began to," Answered Harry, taking a seat, "I fall back to my unconscious mind when I lay down, and my 'clone' helps me." Severus nodded. "Sir, why didn't you truly help me?"
"Can you not guess?"
"Dumbledore," Answered Harry. Severus nodded. "I suppose he told you to make things difficult for me."
"He asked me to open your mind more to the Dark Lord's influence."
"Naturally," Said Harry. The shock on Lily's face said it all. "If I were still alive…" She began.
"No, mum, if you and dad were still alive, none of this would have happened," Answered Harry, darkly.
"Harry, everything alright?" Asked Travis, walking up to the table.
"Yeah, fine," Said Harry, "Professor, this is Travis Carter, one of my new friends. Travis, this is Professor Severus Snape."
"Sir," Said Travis. They did not shake hands, but gave each other a nod. "Um, sir. Last time I got that sensation off someone, they were under the Imperious curse," Said Travis.
"And how would you know about those?" The professor sneered.
"Troy Bartlett," Answered Travis, "The bastard loved muggle-baiting."
"Severus, you could unknowingly have any number of curses on you," Said Lily. Severus was about to retort, but stopped. Knowing the two manipulative, controlling individuals he answered to, that was a very likely possibility.
"Couldn't that just be the dark mark, though?" Asked Harry.
"You're a Death Eater?" Asked Travis, surprised.
"Yes," Answered Severus.
"Harry, can we trust him?"
"Unlike Dumbledore, he's never lied to me… I mean, sir, you've been almost cruel, but you've never lied to me, you've told me exactly what you thought… and I appreciate that… I'm sick of people coddling me and treating me with kid gloves… bloody hell, I've got one of the worst dark wizards in history trying to kill me!" Harry exclaimed. Severus again nodded.
"If you say so, Harry. My experience hasn't been that great with, well…"
"That does not surprise me, Mr. Carter," Said Severus.
"Bill's a curse-breaker, right?" Asked Travis, "Why don't we…"

A half-hour later, the potions professor sat at the table, dumbfounded. Even knowledgeable in the Dark Arts, he had still been cursed, and had not detected it. A number of compulsion charms, loyalty charms, and shockingly, a memory blocking charm.
"Pot… Harry. I owe you an apology," Said Severus, shaking his head in disbelief.
"But, sir? Why… why didn't my dad remember you made peace with each other?" Asked Harry.
"That's because the portrait was tampered with too," Answered Bill, poking at the portrait with his wand, "Without good reason, this is a crime."
"Yeah, and Dumbledore doesn't seem to really care about that, now, does he?" Harry growled, "How many other peoples' memories has he meddled with, I wonder."
"Too many to count, I bet," Said Travis.
"Harry, you have my help, against the Dark Lord and Dumbledore," Said Severus, offering his hand. Harry did not hesitate in taking it.
"In that case, let's take this conversation into the trunk," Said Travis, "I think Hermione and Remus have just about moved all the books into my trunk from Grimmauld Place. I've also added mum to the access list."
"Your trunk?" Asked Severus.
"That's where we've been most of the day," Answered Harry, collecting the portrait containing Lily, "Follow us."

"I never dreamed I would ever be doing this," Said Harry, flicking his wrist and producing his wand. He tapped the black panel on his trunk at the foot of his bed, saying, "Add, Severus Snape." A silver point of light vanished into the panel. "Now, just touch it, and you'll be taken inside… like this." Harry touched the panel, and vanished. Travis immediately followed suit. Severus hesitated for a moment, then did the same. What did he have to lose?

The explosion of red and gold assaulted him, as he looked about the room. It had obviously been decorated similar to the Gryffindor common room. He quickly noticed, too, it was much cooler than outside.
"Welcome to the Potter-Weasley network, sir," Said Harry, grinning.
"Oh, no, our esteemed business partner, it's only…" Said George, appearing seemingly from nowhere.
"…the Potter network," Said Fred, also appearing. Severus rolled his eyes at the banter between the two twins.
"'lo professor," Said George.
"Mr. Weasley," Said Severus.
"Where's Frankie?" Asked Harry.
"In the trunk with his band mates," Answered George, "I think Remus is helping them out."
"Right, I forgot about that," Said Harry, "Make yourself comfortable, professor." He set the portrait of Lily on the mantle above the fireplace. Severus followed him with his eyes as he did.
"Black… Sirius… I owe you an apology."
"What? Snev… Snape is apologizing?"
"Sirius, please!" Said Lily, "Harry let him in… it's time to leave the past in the past, we have much bigger problems then petty issues."
"Thanks, mum, I have to agree," Said Harry, "I mean, professor, I'm still angry at the way you treated Sirius last year… it…"
"I know, Harry. Believe me, I know," Said Severus.
"Do realize, he was compelled to act the way he did," Said Lily. Just then, Bill appeared, and plopped into a seat. "Everything Ok, Harry?"
"Yeah, it's fine."
"Mr. Weasley," Said Severus, "Thank you… for removing those curses and so on."
"Not a problem, sir," Said Bill. Just then, the floo fired, and both Ron and Hermione stepped through. Both stopped short seeing the potions professor seated in one of the chairs.
"Um, Harry, what's HE doing here?" Ron scowled.
"He's on our side," Answered Harry, "And you're gonna be nice to him. Got it?"
"If you say so, Harry," Said Ron. Hermione only nodded, but her eyes flashed a moment of hurt, too. Harry made a note to have a chat with his two best friends about the change in perspective.
"Remus and I moved all the books from the Black library into Travis' trunk for now, until we get the library set up in here," Said Hermione.
"Great, that's great," Said Harry.
"The library, right," Said Travis, drawing his wand. He looked at Harry's rather elaborate plan, then started waving an intricate pattern at the wall on the left side of the fireplace. Muttering an incantation, an opening appeared in the wall. He continued channelling energy through his wand, causing another room to appear on the other side of the opening.
"I assume, you are setting up a flat of sorts," Said Severus.
"Yeah, that's about it."
"Is your floo connected to the network? I would assume it is in some capacity, considering how Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger just used it."
"Only to the other trunks, sir. However, Fred and George have a trunk in their shop."
"The address there is 'Fred Weasley's Trunk'," Said Fred.
"I have to return to Hogwarts for the night," Said Severus, "If I may, I would like to return in the morning, your time, a couple of days from now. I might have a few items that would be useful."
"Professor, you don't have to ask, you're keyed into all the trunks on the network," Said Harry.
"Professor, mum's probably making dinner now, you're welcome to stay and join us," Said Travis.
"Another time, perhaps." A smile tugged at the corner of his lips.
"I'll take you to our shop, then, and you can use our floo," Said Fred. Seconds later, both vanished in the fireplace.
"Harry! Have you gone mental?!" Ron burst, "He's a bloody Death Eater!"
"Yeah, I kind of already know that, Ron," Harry shot back, "LOOK! I know why he was so mean toward us, Ok?! I know it's a sore spot, but, I need all the help I can get, from WHOEVER I can get it from!"
"And what stops him from promptly reporting what we're doing here to You-Know-Who?!"
"My thoughts on that, too, Harry," Said Travis.
"Nothing. Thing is, I just don't think he will."
"Mate, you might want to get an oath of secrecy from him next time he comes in, I mean…" Began Fred.
"…Our brother does have a point," George finished. Harry did have to admit that much. "Fine. I'll get a wizard's oath. That includes Professor McGonagall and Remus, then. So it's fair."
"Harry, why don't we do something like we did for the DA last year, with the member list?" Asked Hermione, as the floo fired, depositing Frank roughly on the floor, "We get everyone to sign it."
"Sign what?" Asked Frank, as he regained his feet, and dusted the ashes off himself.
"Something like a magical contract," Said Hermione, "We can bind everyone to keep the secrets of who's allowed in here, and exactly where here is."
"Yes, I heard about your list, Hermione, quite an ingenious bit of spell work," Bill praised, "If you'll allow me, I might be able to help you improve it so it won't be so easily broken." Hermione only gave him a smile, as she dug out a piece of parchment. Harry shifted over in his large chair, inviting Frank to join him.
"All right. The library just needs some shelves, and the…"
"We took the shelves as well as the books, Travis," Said Hermione, looking up from the parchment she was writing on.
"That library had almost as many books in it as the library at Hogwarts," Said Sirius.
"I'll set up a catalogue on my computer when I have time. I know a few spells that will make it quick," Said Travis.
"Muggle computers?" Asked Sirius, "How in Merlin's name are you able to make something like that work with so much magic energy around?"
"We've got ways," Answered Travis, with a smile, "That's one of the other things I'm setting up as we go, electricity. See, we have a department in the Ministry of Magic here, called the 'Department of Muggle Technology Integration'. A bunch of muggle technology has been modified so it can work in our world as easily as it will work in the muggle world."
"Absolutely brilliant, I think," Said Harry. Just then, Winky appeared with a light POP. "Dinner is ready, it is!" She announced, excitedly.
"Thanks, Winky, we'll be right up," Said Harry. The elf vanished. Just then, the floo fired again, and Remus stepped out of the grate.
"Dinner's ready," Said Harry.
"So I've been informed."

Dinner was a noisy affair, as everyone discussed that day's events. The muggles were having their own animated discussion, having also been exposed to the wonders of wizard-space. Ideas were flowing fast and furious, as the members of My Chemical Romance very quickly understood the tremendous potential of their trunk.
"So, could we, for example, set up a recording studio in the trunk?" Asked Gerard.
"Absolutely," Said Travis, "It's just gonna take a bit of time, no offence, guys, but Harry's trunk takes precedence right now, with, you know. Once all that's settled, we can talk about what you want to do."
"Guys, my suggestion is to do up a plan, a drawing of what you'd like, something Travis can work from," Said Harry, producing his own drawing. He duplicated it, and passed the copy to Gerard.
"How long will it take for you to build this?"
"A few days at most," Answered Travis.
"I'll lend my wand where I can," Said Remus.
"A kitchen and bath? Damn, this looks more like an apartment," Said Mikey.
"And that's exactly what I had in mind," Said Harry, "A place we can all be in, out of sight and not concerned about being attacked."
"But, what happens if someone tries to move the trunk?" Asked Gerard.
"They can't when they can't see it. That's one of the other charms that can be put on them. Only those with knowledge of it can actually see it," Said Bill.
"You're talking about something like a Fidelius charm, right?" Asked Hermione.
"Almost, but not quite. Think on a smaller scale," Said Bill.
"Oh."
"I'll show you after we finish dinner."
"Mum, on that thought, we'll have the kitchen and so on completed tomorrow… I'd like… if we can have…"
"Make your meals inside the trunk? If that's what you want, dear."
"I already added you to the trunks, so… well, I'm kind of hoping you'll join us."
"And why would I say no? Of course I'll join you, dear."

oOo
By the time the group once again sat down for dinner the following evening, it truly was an impressive feat of magic. The dining room and kitchen were virtually a copy of the Carters' house. Rather than attempt to transfigure something as complicated as a muggle appliance such as a refrigerator, Travis had instead gone to a local Sears department store, with Harry.

They returned with their purchases miniaturized in their pockets, and promptly resized them in their proper places in the new kitchen. Even Lisa was impressed. After all, the appliances in the kitchen in the house were getting on 14 years old.

A large table adorned the dining room, along with several blank portraits: spots for Sirius, James, and Lily. Harry had decided to go for 3 frames, so if his parents wanted time to themselves, they could most certainly do so.

For now, only Harry's room had been completed. After all, it WAS his trunk. He had moved the few meagre items he owned into his new room, rather pleased with himself. He had also taken the bed Travis had transfigured, as he rather liked it. The burgundy curtains accented the dark blue carpet quite nicely. Not that he was any kind of interior decorator-nor Travis for that matter. 3 more empty portrait frames adorned the walls here as well, once again for his parents and godfather.

oOo
"I'm still floored all this was done by magic," Said Frank, as he settled into bed that night.
"It's just so natural to me," Said Harry, removing his glasses, and sitting on the edge of the bed. The night before had felt a little strange, leaving his wand strapped to his arm. Yet, it was better if he got used to it. So once again, he left it strapped on, and settled into bed.
"Good night, mum and dad. Good night, Sirius."
"Good night, dear," Said Lily.
"'night, son," Said James.
"Sleep well, pup," Said Sirius.
"Nox," Said Harry, and the room plunged into darkness.
"Good night, Harry," Whispered Frank.

AUTHOR NOTES: This is definitely the longest chapter I've written for this fic so far, at 10,917 words. However, lots of things did happen in this chapter, and as the title suggests, it was a few transformations…

I hope Snape didn't come off as being too soft here. Yet, I hope you also understand, there were many things that affected his behaviour toward Harry. Things that have now been removed. Yes, he will still be a bit of an asshole at times. Abuse/torment and so on tends to do that, even if the parties at fault have since apologized for it.

The trunk may come across as a little Mary-Sue'ish… My approach, though, is a little different, in that, everything doesn't come at once. There WILL be a Room of Requirement added eventually, but they have to learn how to do it first. Stuff like that isn't just 'THERE'. Also, I won't have a whole crowd of people living in there, like one story I saw (as much as I liked it, there were some things I think stretched the limit of 'wizard dimension', or 'wizard space', or whatever it's called). I might be stretching things with the number of people that will use it as is. Possibly 15 to 20 people will have access to it, my thinking.

Anyway, I'm writing a book within a book here with my comments, so I'll leave it at that. Thanks for the awesome reviews I've gotten so far with this fic, please do continue.

(1) The flames would be red because it's a private network.
(2) Taken from p.53/54, HBP, Canadian soft cover edition. Not quite verbatim, but very close.
Sign up to rate and review this story