Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > It's not just them I worry about hurting me

A Grand Beast and A Nap

by blazingava 0 reviews

Slipping off to dream land was a big mistake for Ilena but even worse is what happens when Gerard tries to take her back home.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-12 - Updated: 2008-06-12 - 1174 words - Complete

0Unrated
Ilena’s POV
Freedom! That boy let me go and I ran but I slammed into Mrs. Hollendas who grabbed me to check me over. Goodness other people like to touch a lot. “Mr. Way why is it every time I check up on Miss Ilena I find you some where making trouble for her!” She scolded not letting me go. I groaned and shook her off. “What am I going to do with the four of you? This is the last straw I have a mind to suspend you all.” She growled throwing her hands around. I edged off in fear. With all the courage I could muster I inched around the principle to Gerard and reached my shaking hand out to grasp his finger tips. I held them slightly and smiled at him. He really was a lovely boy, even if he scared me. “Ilena , Ilena Oddal.” I whispered quietly. I could have sworn I saw all of their mouths hit the ground. “Miss Oddal did you…did you just talk,” Mrs. Hollendas said pointing to me then to Gerard and finished, “To Mr. Way?” I looked down at my feet but held my ground and nodded. Gerard very lightly pulled my hand to fully grasp his. I tried to help them but the words just didn’t form. I would start and stop and restart and then stop again. Leaving me very confused and tired. Mrs. Hollendas seemed to catch on. “Alright boys you’re off the hook but I want you in my office after school to talk. Be careful…I’m watching you.” And with that she left. As soon as she left sight Gerard tackled me in a hug and lifted me up again. I was so sick and worn that I barely fought. I tried but it just wasn’t working. “See?! I knew you could do it.” He said rocking me back and forth. “Gerard…Look at her she looks sick. Feel her forehead.” Mikey demanded and Gerard did just that. He frowned and nodded grimly. “You’re right something is wrong but she doesn’t have a temperature.” He said. I leaned my head in against him and slowly slipped out of consciousness.

Gerard’s POV
Ilena Oddal. What an interesting name! I thought tackling her and hugging her. “See? I knew you could do it!” I said rocking back and forth with her. “Gerard…” Mikey said getting my attention. When I looked at him he was staring down at her. He pointed and whispered, “Look at her she looks sick. Feel her forehead.” I lifted my hand and pressed the back of it into her forehead. Surprising she didn’t fight or flinch but she did huff. As if she couldn’t get air into her lungs. “You’re right something is wrong but she doesn’t have a temperature.” I said craning to see everything her weak body was struggling to do. With a loud sigh she seemed to give up her last bit of strength and collapsed on my chest. “Shit Gee now what? Mrs. H is gunna kill us.” Frankie said shifting. I pursed my lips and stood up. “No we’ll just get her address and take her home.” I said firmly and we headed across the yard.

The Oddal house was in an odd spot of New Jersey. With odd twisting trees and long odd meadows. It was something out of a fairy tale book. The sun raging a never ending battle to reach the dying grass through the trees and a twisting driveway made of nothing but dirt and some gravel. A giant gate and fence surrounded the place and in different parts the gate changed. The Oddal’s must’ve owned over 600 acres. Maybe more if their property went out of New Jersey. But perhaps the strangest thing about the house was the giant pens. They held wild animals. One with two tigers another with three lions, two bears, three elephants, about 15 small weasels of some sort and finally, a giant pasture with 7 beautiful horses in it. A large thin horse that would have probably stood to my neck stood tall and stiff. Ears pricked and concentration unbroken. He was brown and white only a few black streaks through his mane and a black spot over part of his nose and mouth. He has a thin but nicely muscled frame and looked rather intimidating. It was the only one of the animals that even looked their way when they came walking up the drive. I glanced over my shoulder and down the path in the direction the van would be. The sign at the gate clearly said, “NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES!” So they took the keys and walked up the long drive. It may have even been four of five miles. Twisting turning dipping and falling. No wonder the receptionist didn’t have a problem giving them the address because we surely wouldn’t find a house in this mess. Every once and a while Ilena would groan in her sleep and I would try to settle her back into slumber. A loud roaring sound erupted and I looked over to the pens with the lions. They where happily mind their business as where the bears and tigers. “Dude that horse just roared!” Frank yelled jumping behind Ray. Ray shoved in front and pushed him forward. “No way am I letting it eat me.” He protested. Mikey laughed, “Horses don’t eat or attack people or vampires for that matter now come on.” And with that he dismissed their fear. We didn’t seem to get another 100 feet before a thundering sound came from the pasture. I looked over my shoulder just in time to see the great beast jump the fence and land perfectly. Dust and gravel flew around be hind him and he struggled to gain some speed tossing his head and snorting. “Frank take her behind the tree then come back we may need your help!” I demanded handing her off. By now the beast had settled into a frightening speed. His ears pinned and fire in his eyes. “Gee I can’t control animal minds! Ray can you put up a field?” Mikey said backing away but Ray only shook his head. “No not that big. Frank has super speed he can distract it. Gee you’re the strongest.” Ray said. I was the strongest. I didn’t have super strength or anything though. My powers as a vampire centered more on levitation and intuition. Even though I wasn’t all that good at levitating and my “intuition” was like another person in me nagging me. ‘Don’t fight it!’ It yelled but I shook it off and got prepared to tackle it. Frank sped past it trying to get its attention but the beast was focused on me. It slowed down and slid to a stop in front of my face. Rearing high on its haunches. I lifted my hands to grab it.
Sign up to rate and review this story