Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > A Rainy Day

The Godaime's Gone

by KoichiTsunade 0 reviews

The battle continues...

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Jiraiya,Tsunade - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2008-06-16 - Updated: 2008-06-16 - 1388 words - Complete

0Unrated

Okay, finally I finished! I'm sorry if I made you wait!


10. The Godaime’s Gone


Jiraiya moved to the left quickly before one of the Pains could hit him in the face. He was sweating and was really tired. Brething heavily, he jumped in front and formed hand seals. His hair suddenly got longer and wrapped a Pain’s body, but he was replaced by a trunk. Jiraiya frowned. It was harder than what expected. Five hours had passed since the fight started, but he never got the chance to harm one of the six.

The first Pain with short hair smirked. “Are you already tired, Jiraiya-sensei?” He started to run towards the white-haired Sannin.

Jiraiya moved again to the left. He took the Pain’s hand and grabbed the kunaii that he had. With it, he tried to stab him. But Pain pushed himself away by kicking him in the stomach.

Jiraiya fell to his knees coughing blood. “C’mon! Stand up, Jiraiya-sensei! When I was young you were my hero!!” The Pain with long hair kicked him, but this time was Jiraiya’s turn to be replaced by a trunk.

That Pain smirked. “Even if you’re getting really old, you’re not that bad.” He turned around and faced Jiraiya who had appeared there. “But why don’t you show me more...?”

One of the Pains started to form hand seals. A dog with three heads was summoned. Jiraiya gasped. He had never seeing such beast. He wasted no time to summon Gamabunta.

When leader of the Toads appeared, he narrowed his eyes. “Jiraiya, what’s going on?”

“We have to kill those of over there. Protect me while I prepare to get my hermit mode.” Jiraiya said forming hand seals really fast.

“All right!!”

“We won’t let you!!” The dog started to head towards the big toad, but the Gamabunta put his blade in between them.

“C’mon Jiraiya! DO IT FAST!”

“I’m done!” Jiraiya had to little toads in each shoulder.

“What’s all of this about, Jiraiya, honey?” The female toad asked looking at the big black dog that was growling at the fiercely.

“I can’t explain right now. I need your help to kill those six men over there!”

“Ohh good! Finally I got of that boring place!” The male toad exclaimed croaking.

The female toad hit him in the head lightly. “Hush up, you old hag!”

“This is not the moment to fight!” Jiraiya exclaimed. “Gamabunta, I need some oil!”

“All right!” He opened his big mouth and started to throw oil, while Jiraiya formed fire.

A huge fireball was formed and sent to the six Pains. It hit them directly. When they stopped, only smoke was found in front of them. Narrowing his eyes, the white-haired Sannin waited for the smoke to disappear. When it did, he gasped along with the other three toads.

“What happened!?” You hit him directly at their faces, right?” The male toad shouted.

“We did, but I don’t know why they are still alive…” He looked at all the Pains and his eyes widened up. The fat Pain had absorbed it, making himself even bigger.

Jiraiya frowned. “That one over there had absorbed the fireball… We’ll have to take him out before the others, or he’ll absorb all of our attacks.”
“Yosh!”

“Wait a minute… Didn’t you say there was six of them…? I only see five.” The female toad said.

Jiraiya started to look to all the sides anxiously. He then turned around to see back. The one that was missing was the one with long hair. He had to be near since only one minute had passed while the smoke was there.

“Look to you left, Jiraiya!!” The male toad cried. Too late.

The missing Pain had appeared in his left, stabbing him with a blade on the stomach. “Don’t let you guard down, Jiraiya-sensei.” Jiraiya felt to his knees, coughing a lot of blood.

Past memories started to rush rapdily through his mind, all blurry. Memories of when Minato was alive, of when Tsunade was always regretting him before saying yes to his repeated question. Memories of Naruto, his grandson.

His head hit the floor hard making the world move around him. He closed his eyes, only letting his ears heat, to help him know he was still alive. His last thoughts were for his loved Hime.

One of the Pains got close to the Sannin’s body, trying to feel any air coming out of his nose. Nothing, no breath was taken. “He’s dead.” He declared standing up, his words echoing dryly around them. He then looked at the toad. “We should kill him before he escapes and tells Konoha about what happened.”

“Hai.”

When the Pain with long hair was going to kill him with the blade, suddenly Jiraiya revived. He started to breathe heavily, each breath really hard to get into his lungs. The male toad who was prepared to disappeared and get to Konoha gasped alone with the Pains. Raising a trembling hand, the white-haired Sannin started to write with his finger a secret code in the toad’s back. When he finished, he tried to talk, but his bloody throat wouldn’t let him. Lifting his head from the floor slowly he met the toad’s gaze. “Give... Give this t-to Tsunade-hime...”

“Understood!!”

“KILL HIM BEFORE HE ESCAPES!!” The first Pain ordered.

All of the six started to run to get the toad who was forming hand seals rapidly. Before any of them would get to where he was, he disappeared in a puff of smoke.

“Damn it... Jiraiya was still alive!”

“When I checked him, he wasn’t breathing.”

“Well now he’s dead. The bad thing is that damn toad...”

They all turned around when they heard someone clapping. Madara was walking slowly towards them, his powreful claps making echoes in the empty streets.

“Good job. You killed one of the Legendary Sannin, congratulation. The bad thing is that it took you too much time to finish him off.”

“Gomen, but he was strong. It was hard to get him.”

Madara shrugged his shoulders. “Who cares. You did it. Now let’s go somwhere in this damn place to drink and celebrate this.”

“Arigato, Madara-sama.”

----------------------------
“Tsunade-sama, let’s go outside. The rain finally stopped!” Shizune said entering the dining room.

Tsunade looked at her. “Okay... I think it would be good for me to have a walk...”

Her assistant grinned at the blond. “Sure! What about going to the lake? I’m sure it’s pretty at this time of the year!”

Tsunade shrugged her shoulders. “Fine with me.”

They took their coats and went outside. People that passed around them smiled politely, knowing how their Godaime was passing through. Shizune returned the smile, but Tsunade wasn’t paying attetion to the outside. She was thinking a lot, really hard about many things. “Tsunade-sama? Are you paying attention?”

“Huh?” She looked at her assistant, who was frowning. “What?”

“I was telling you that maybe if the weather is like today we could come back to the lake.”

The Hokage smiled at her. “Hai.”


When they finally got to the lake, they sat down in a bench. They talked about everything but about Jiraiya since Shizune knew Tsunade didn’t want to talk about it.

“Oh no! I forgot to tell Sakura to finish those papers...!! I need them for tomorrow!!” Shizune looked at Tsunade. “Wait here, I’ll come back as fast as I can!” She then started to walk rapidly, leaving Tsunade alone.

Tsunade sighed. Staring at the calm and crystalline water, she placed her head in one edge of the bench. She then heard a sound coming from the lake, and when she looked at the place, she could see a toad coming towards her. She frowned and stood up. When the toad got really closed to her, she coould see a secret code in the back of it. Jiraiya!


“Tsunade-sama, I’m sorry if I made you wait but... Tsunade-sama? Where are you!? Tsunade-sama!!!”

Frowning, she started to look in all of the directions. In her vision of seeing nothing but insects, she saw a toad getting inside of the water.
Sign up to rate and review this story