Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Girlfriend

I'm Just A Kid

by jengrey 0 reviews

And every night is the worst night ever,’ That is, unless something happens. Then I’ve got a show to watch.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2008-06-17 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 1053 words

0Unrated
Chapter 21: I’m Just A Kid

Odie waited in his room for everyone to get back. He heard the door open and he opened his slightly, just so he could see what was gong on. Theresa was out cold and flung over Herry’s back, obviously, Neil was quiet (which was a surprise, considering), Atlanta was disciplining Neil, and Jay was yelling at anyone in a 50 foot radius.
‘Neil, if anyone could have stopped her, it would have been you!’
‘This is so irresponsible, undisciplined, completely embarrassing, and so not cool! What the hell were you thinking? That you wanted to be cool, because, I am not sorry to break it to you, but that was anything but.’
‘God, I felt like your mother!’
‘Do you even realize that the Gods will have to know about this, and then they will decide your punishment?’
‘Oh come on Jay,’ Herry finally spoke up after he laid Theresa to rest on the couch. Atlanta fetched a bucket to place beside her. ‘Punishment is a little harsh a word.’
‘Fine then, their ‘right deserved’. Is that better?’
‘Not by much.’
‘Herry, just try to picture you in my shoes, and then you might figure out what it’s like to be someone’s parent.’
‘Jay, you didn’t have to come!’
That was the first voice that belonged to Neil.
‘Yes I did!’
‘No you didn’t!’
‘This is pointless, I’m going to bed.’
Odie didn’t care whose voice that was, but it seemed like the most sensible solution.
He quickly closed his door before both Herry and Neil retreated to their designated rooms on the same floor.
‘No one thinks that you’ve got a pointless job, Jay,’ Atlanta said, her voice muffled by the door that stood between them. ‘But you could be a little less intense, you know.’
‘Less intense? Atlanta you sound like we’re talking about a sport or something. This is real life and Theresa and Neil were underage in a club full of pot-heads, drunken idiots, and they could have made some real lifelong regrets.’
‘Jay, it was a nightclub, the most that could have happened would be a—’
‘Morning sickness, perhaps, with or without a baby in her womb.’
‘Jay, I don’t think that Neil can get pregnant. I’m sorry that wasn’t funny.’
‘Atlanta, if anyone would be as worried as I am, it would be you. They could get high or something—’
‘Hey, it is not my fault about Archie, okay? I am sick and tired about all of that, Jay! Herry is the only person in this house that really wants to help people!’
Ouch, that really hurt, Odie thought as he retreated t his bed. Herry? Herry! What about me? I haven’t been evolved in anything since this whole fiasco began. The only person who listens to me is my girlfriend, Chelsea. She seems too perfect, though. Damn it, what is wrong with me? I find a perfect person, a perfect girlfriend, and then I have to taint my picture of her by finding something bad about her! Why do I always do this!
'They don’t even notice that I’m home! What am I, a brick wall? Something that you can lean against but ultimately replaceable?

‘I stayed up till 11,’ he began as he plopped onto his bed, which riffled the covers.
‘I waited till 3 am,
Just to figure out that no one would call,’ Not a single notice, he thought, about how they would be so late!
‘I think I got a lot of friends but I don't hear from them
What's another night all alone?’ Not that I really mind, because I'm used to the non-attention.
‘When your spending everyday on your own
And here it goes,’

Odie picked up his small invention that was more bouncy than anything ever willed by man.

‘I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that its not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me
Tonight...’

He threw the ball against the floor by the wall, which made it hit the wall, and then return to his hand. Simple physics.

‘And maybe when the night is dead, I'll crawl into my bed
Staring at these 4 walls again,’ and again he threw it.
‘I'll try to think about the last time, I had a good time
Everyone's got somewhere to go,’ and again.
‘And they're gonna leave me here on my own and here it goes,

‘I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that its not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me,’

Or something to that sense. Chelsea would know what to do. Or maybe she wouldn’t if there was something was really bad about her.

‘What the hell is wrong with me?
Don't fit in with anybody
How did this happen to me?
Wide awake I'm bored and I can't fall asleep
And every night is the worst night ever,’

That is, unless something happens. Then I’ve got a show to watch.

‘I'm just a kid
I'm just a kid
I'm just a kid
I'm just a kid
I'm just a kid

‘I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that it’s not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Nobody wants to be alone in the world.’

But I am.

‘I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare,’ Cronos just adds to the effect.
‘I'm just a kid, I know that it’s not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Nobody wants to be alone in the world
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me tonight,’

Well, maybe ‘fun’ isn’t the right word for it…but they’re definitely having more of it than me.

‘I'm all alone tonight
Nobody cares tonight
Cause I'm just a kid tonight.’

Why doesn’t anyone notice me? I’m not trying to sound like Neil, but at least he gets attention. I have got to get people in this house to notice me.
Sign up to rate and review this story