Categories > Original > Fantasy > No Such Thing As Vampires!

No Such Thing As Vampires!

by Catt670 0 reviews

Holly Phillip's life is changed forever in one night. One stupid night. She's plunged into a world of vampires, secrets, and even some romance.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2008-06-16 - Updated: 2008-06-17 - 1234 words

0Unrated
This is my very first story, so take it easy on me please? Read and tell me what you think, will ya? Thanks.

Yawn.

“Nick, we've been at this for hours. Can we please stop? I'm tired!” I whined to my best friend Nicholas Murphy.

He threw me a sideways glance. “One hour, actually. I'm almost done anyway, stop complaining. It's not like you're actually working, Holly,” was his reply. His mouth stretched wide in a yawn and he set back to work.

I rolled my eyes and fell back onto my bed, “This sucks.”

I looked over at Nick whose lips twitched, hinting at a smile. I propped up on my elbows and watched his hand fly across the paper, writing the report due tomorrow at school. It was supposed to be a partner effort, but Nick was better than me with this stuff and he insisted on doing it himself. We're supposed to write a report on the book we read in class, detailing the characters, setting, and of course, the plot. Nick and I decided going to a Three Days Grace concert was more important than doing this, so now we're sitting in my room at one in the morning writing the stupid report. Well, Nick's writing the report, but in my defense I have thrown in a few things to add to it.

“Done.” Nick threw down the pen grinning, and held up the paper like a proud father might hold up his newborn child.

“Lemme see.” I got up and snatched the paper from his hands, earning a glare from my long-time friend and began reading it. “Awesome. Now I can sleep.”

Nick rolled his eyes, “Whatever. See you tomorrow.” He took the paper back and started for the door.

“Okay, Mr. Grumpy Gills, see you at school.” I waved at him as he exited my room, I barely saw his amused smile as he left.

I've known Nick for 14 years, so since I was, like, 2. Our parents are good friends, so naturally we grew up together. He's always been the smart kid, though he doesn't really look nerdy. Some girls would say he was good looking with his curly brown hair and dark green eyes, I wouldn't say that though, I mean, come on, he's like my brother. He's kinda tall, taller than me at least, about 6', and a bit skinny due to his incredibly fast metabolism. His daily outfits usually consist of a t-shirt and some worn jeans, I can't complain about his wardrobe though, I'm almost as non-fashionable as he is. Nick is a dork. No, I'm not trying to be mean, he agrees with me. He loves comic books and science fiction. He also loves reading, he'll read almost any book you throw at him, and be finished with it by the next day. He practically devours them.

I let out a sigh of relief and fell back onto my bed once more, exhausted. Sneaking out to go to a concert, staying out until 1 o' clock in the morning, sneaking back in, and (sord of) writing a report really takes it out of ya.

I closed my eyes and waited for peaceful sleep to overtake me. But of course, right when consciousness started to escape me, a soft tap on my window startled me. Saying it 'startled me' was an understatement. I literally jumped off my bed and fell onto the floor cowering on the other side.

Nick was right, watching all those horror movies really wasn't healthy.

I rolled my eyes at myself. It was probably some animal, or the wind. I wonder why everyone blames stuff on the wind. I mean, seriously, it's like wind is the official scapegoat for weird noises. What did the wind ever do to -

THUMP.

The loud noise interrupted my thoughts, it was my window being slammed open. I screamed, naturally. Well, atleast I tried to scream, but a hand covered my mouth milliseconds before I uttered a sound. My heart rate skyrocketed, pounding noisily in my ears. My breaths came out short and ragged. I was frozen in shock. I looked down at the hand, it was pale and long. Also very cold.

“Relax, I'm not going to hurt you.” The voice was male; sweet like honey and smooth like velvet. It would be very calming, but it was impossible to be calm in a situation like this.

Hearing the voice somehow made me come to my senses. I struggled to get away from the person behind me and they put an arm around my waist, securing me against a hard chest. I tried to pull away desperately, but his grip was vice. All I could think was someone had broken into my house and is going to kill me, kill my family. I felt two sharp pricks on the side of my neck, but the pain lasted so short of a amount of time I figured I imagined it. I'm going to die. I'm going to die. I'm going to die.

The mantra continued in my head as I stopped trying to get away. I felt my muscles relax. Why am I relaxing?! I thought frantically. I slumped against the figure behind me. My lids started to get heavy, soon they closed completely, and I was unable to open them again. I had no idea what was going on, but right before I lost consciousness completely I realized there was a slight pulling or sucking sensation where I felt the pricks before. What the...?

Then everything went black.

--V--

I awoke curled up in my bed, safe. I sat up quickly, looking around my room for a serial killer or something. When I saw no one, I let out the breath I was holding and laid back down. It was just a dream. Just a dream, just a stupid nightmare, I told myself. But it felt so real.

The curtains on my window were still closed so it was dark in my room, no way to tell if it was night or day yet. I turned my head and looked at the digital clock on my bedside table. The faint red glow emitting from the digits lit up my car keys and cellphone, giving them a red tint. Focusing on the actual numbers I realized it was 7:34 AM.

I groaned and threw my blanket off while swinging my feet to hang off the side of my bed. I'm so gonna be late. My alarm was set to go off at 6:30, either I somehow missed it or it was turned off. I picked it up and looked at the back of it. Yep, my suspicions were confirmed, it was off. My little brother is so dead.

I quickly got up to take a shower. I'm definitely not a morning person, so being quick about anything at this time of day was very difficult. When I got out of the shower I wrapped a towel around myself and started for the door to my room. Glancing in the mirror on my way out, I did a double take. What's up with my neck? I stepped closer to the mirror and squinted a little. There were two scars, tiny holes in my neck. The pricks... I reached up and touched them unconsciously. It wasn't a dream.

Review! Please. I'd love to hear your opinion on my story.
Sign up to rate and review this story