Categories > Original > Fantasy > No Such Thing As Vampires!

The New Guy

by Catt670 1 review

I think the title explains it.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2008-06-17 - Updated: 2008-06-18 - 1830 words

0Unrated
No reviews, huh? That hurts, it really does. Please read AND review. I'll stop bugging you about it...? :D

What's going on?

I stared at my reflection, more specifically the two punctures in my neck. Someone really did break into my room and... what? Bit me? Bit me and sucked my blood like a... like a vampire?
I chuckled, though it sounded more like choking. Vampires aren't real... are they? I mean, those are just monsters made up to scare little kids, characters in books and movies. Right? I
shuddered. What if they were real? What if a vampire really did break into my room and... feed on me? What if...

“Holly! What are you doing in there? You're going to be late for school!”

My mom's voice shook me out of my thoughts and I slapped my forehead. School! I totally forgot about it.

“Holly?” My mom's muffled voice came from behind the door.

“Sorry Mom, my alarm didn't go off.” I said opening the door and rushing into my closet to get some clothes on. My mom said something, but I didn't quite hear her as she left my room.

I decided to wear a plain red tank top and my favorite jeans with my new flip flops. I pulled on my clothes shakily, still freaked that what had happened last night was real. I pushed the thoughts out of my mind and decided to think about that later. Never, maybe.

Finally fully clothed I rushed out of my house leaving my hair down to cover up my... injuries. I say 'rushed', but I was moving sluggishly. I felt weak and tired, like I wanted to go back to sleep. Blood loss?

I jumped into my awesome car, a black 1968 Camaro Convertible. I got it from a junky car place pretty cheap because of it's crappy quality. My dad, who loves cars, fixed it up for me, making it look and run like it was brand new.

Going over the speed limit just a bit, I made it to school only 4 or 5 minutes late. When I entered my homeroom I got a death glare from my teacher as I made my way to my seat. When I sat down I felt tapping on my shoulder and I turned around to face my other best friend Emily Townsend. Nick, Emily, and I are like a trio, the Three Musketeers, and all that fun stuff. We do almost everything together. The only reason Emily wasn't at the concert last night was 'cause she wasn't able to sneak out.

“Hey, have you seen the new guy?” She whispered excitedly.

“Uh, no. Emily, I just got here, like, 2 seconds ago.” I replied just as quietly.

She shrugged, “Oh my gosh, you have got to see him. Hotness!” She waggled her eyebrows and I laughed. That's Emily for ya, boy crazy.

Once homeroom was over I didn't rush out of the classroom with the mob of students like I usually did. I was slower, dazed. My mind had wandered back to last night's incident. Emily, noticing I wasn't right behind her, came back and tugged on my arm.

“C'mon! Let's go.” She pulled me through the door and stopped when we reached our lockers which were right next to each other, “What's wrong, Holly?” She asked me after getting books for her next class.

I shrugged, “Nothings wrong. I'm just tired from staying up late,” I lied and slammed my locker shut.

“And who's fault is that? You should've done your paper before the concert.” She said and began walking the opposite way as me, “See you at lunch!”

I waved at her, walking backwards in the general direction of my math class. I slammed right into a cold, hard chest. It felt way too familiar. I screamed and jumped away from whoever it was.

“Whoa, sorry. I didn't see you there.” I sighed with relief at his voice. It wasn't the same voice. Don't get me wrong though, his voice was probably the most amazing voice I've ever heard.

I turned around to apologize, but the words caught in my throat. I was totally awed by his beauty. He looked like he belonged in a famous painting, selling for millions of dollars just so people could look at him. He had jet black hair that fell slightly over one of his gorgeous unusually colored eyes. They were a beautiful gold. He was tall, about 6'1” maybe, and I could tell he was muscular, though he looked skinny. He was also weirdly pale, but he didn't look sick. Emily was right, but 'hot' is a dramatic understatement.

“You the new guy?” I squeaked. I blushed and looked down, suddenly very interested in my shoes.

He chuckled, “Yeah. The name's Derrick.”

I looked up at him, he was holding out his hand to shake. I cleared my throat before answering, “Holly.” I took his hand and shivered. Partially from the contact with such beauty, partially because it was so cold.

Derrick smiled a fantastic smile and I couldn't help but return the gesture. He (unfortunately) let go of my hand and (sadly) started walking away and I realized we were the only ones in the hallway. The late bell must've already rung.

“It was really nice to meet you, Holly.” He waved at me before turning around and entering a classroom down the hall.

I quickly turned and opened the door to my math class and quietly slipped in, hoping the teacher wouldn't notice me. Luckily, he had his back to me, writing equations for us to do on the board. I got to my seat near the back and right next to Nick.

Nick glanced at me and raised it eyebrows as if to say 'Explain'.

'I'll tell you at lunch' I mouthed to him and he gave a slight nod. I opened my notebook and started copying down the problems on the board.

Once math was over, I went to my locker, grabbed my books, and headed to English, completely lost in my thoughts. English was my least favorite class of all. I hated it. Two reasons. 1. Neither Emily nor Nick was in it. 2. Taught by an evil teacher.

I plopped down in my desk and the teacher, Mrs. Cook, gave me a death glare. I was starting to think that expression was stuck on her face though, 'cause she seemed to always be glaring.
I paid no attention to her ranting as I sat with my head in my hand. My mind was currently occupied. At first I was thinking about vampires, real or not? Then I thought about the holes in my neck, hoping nobody noticed them. Thoughts of the monster that bit into my neck and sucked my blood clouded my mind also. When I realized I was shaking, I switched my thoughts over to a lighter subject. Derrick.

I sighed wistfully. Derrick didn't only have a stunning appearance, he seemed to be a great guy.

RIING!

I jumped, the bell startling me out of my thoughts. Quickly, I grabbed my books and shot out of the classroom, eager to get to lunch. I met Emily at the doors of the cafeteria after putting my books up and we walked in chatting about random stuff.

We sat down with our trays a few minutes later at the table we always sit at, where Nick was already waiting for us.

“Hey,” He greeted. He and Emily started talking about something, but I wasn't listening.
I looked around the lunchroom, searching for a certain someone. Since Derrick was new I decided I'd invite him to sit at our lunch table. I finally spotted him with his tray in his hands, he turned and saw me staring at him. I blushed and he smiled crookedly and started walking toward me.

Out of nowhere the Bimbo Crew, as me and my friends call them, appeared and literally pulled him to their table, giggling. Abby Bryar sat him down and leaned into him, trying to be seductive.

I sighed. He'll probably start dating Abby, the Bimbo Crew leader. It's not like he liked me anyways. I'm average looking, while Abby is beautiful, all the guys love her. He's way out of my league. What was I thinking? He was probably coming over here a second ago to say he didn't want to be friends. I sighed again.

I looked back over at Derrick who had gotten up, leaving his tray next to Abby, and was walking to sit with two other people. Before I could look at the other two properly Nick poked my arm.

“So Holly, why were you late to math?” He asked me suddenly.

I turned to face my friends grinning, “I ran into the new guy, literally.”

Emily squealed, causing people a few tables away to look over at us. Nick had a look of dislike on his face.

“I don't like him.” See?

“Why not?! He is sooo gorgeous!” Emily said loudly.

“He's just looks and no personality. Right, Holly?”

I shrugged, “He seemed pretty nice to me.”

Emily squealed again and Nick rolled his eyes.

After lunch the day went by pretty slow. I found out Derrick was in my last two classes though, but so was Abby. She made sure to have his full attention in each.

After school, I was walking to my car, not feeling like waiting on my friends today, when I felt someone staring at me. I looked behind me, expecting to see someone standing there, but saw no one. While my head was turned I ever so smoothly tripped over my own two feet. I closed my eyes anticipating the pain of hitting the concrete, but it never came. A strong, cold arm was wrapped my waist, keeping me from falling.

I turned my head and looked up to see Derrick. His expression was one of shock, but I don't think it was because of me. I gave him a confused look and he smiled, the shock disappearing from his beautiful features.

“You're pretty clumsy, huh? First running into me, then tripping on air.” He pulled me up until I was standing on my own two legs.

I blushed, “Thanks for catching me.”

He smiled crookedly, “You're very welcome.”

I was about to ask him where he came from, since I didn't see him in the parking lot at all before. It's like he appeared out of nowhere. But his expression stopped me.

His demeanor completely changed, his golden eyes seemed to visibly darken and he became angry. I was a bit scared. Then I noticed his gaze was locked on my neck. He reached up and brushed my hair away completely revealing the bite mark on my neck.

He looked from my face to the bite mark in confusion, anger still shown in his eyes.

“How did this happen? Who did this?”

Tell me what ya think! In a review! :P
Sign up to rate and review this story