Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Precious

Another Day

by flying_angel 0 reviews

After another fight with Light, Ryuuzaki goes for a walk. Little does he know he'll encounter an old friend.

Category: Death Note - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: L - Published: 2008-06-19 - Updated: 2008-06-23 - 742 words - Complete

0Unrated
hey everyone! i couldn't drop the subject of Ryuuzaki, so I decided to write another fan fiction of him and Kairi (my known alias, no relation to Kingdom Hearts). I guess you could say this story is a prequel to Ryuuzaki's Death: Another Pair of Eyes. I do not own Death Note, but i would like to own Ryuuzaki.......^_^ Enjoy!



As he listened to the sound of the handcuffs bang against the table as Light Yagami typed away, Ryuuzaki slowly put a cherry in his mouth. It was sweet against his tongue.

"Damn it!" Light pounded on the table. Ryuuzaki looked at him with mild curiosity. Light felt the detective's eyes on him, and he turned towards him and snapped, "Quit looking at me!" Ryuuzaki looked at him, rolling the cherry around in his mouth until he bit the stem off. He tossed it in the trash can. "You need to lighten up, Light." There was a hint of a smile.

"Ha, ha. Very funny," Light said dryly. As he put his head in his hands, Ryuuzaki chewed on the cherry, until only the pit was left. "Light." The younger man looked up. Keeping a straight face, Ryuuzaki spit the pit of the cherry out. It hit Light on the forehead.

"Damn it, Ryuuzaki!" Light yelled as the pit fell off his forehead. He reached back and let a punch fly at Ryuuzaki's face. The cherry-eater fell back, and because of the handcuffs, pulled Light with him. But as Light was about to crash on top of Ryuuzaki, the older man's foot hit Light in the cheekbone. As he flew back, Ryuuzaki was pulled to his feet. Light recovered from the blow, and grabbed Ryuuzaki by the shirt, Ryuuzaki likewise. But before anymore damage could be done, Matsuda walked in from his break.

"You guys! You're not supposed to be fighting!" Matsuda half shouted, half laughed.

Ryuuzaki released Light, and pry-ed his fingers off his own shoulder. He pulled out his cell phone and hit Watari's speed dial. Looking at Light, he said into the reciver, "Watari, please bring the keys to the handcuffs down." He paused for a moment, then hung up.

Matsuda looked questioningly at him. "What are you going to do?"

At that moment, Watari walked in, holding a silver key. He walked over to his young friend. "What is it, Ryuuzaki?"

In that lazy slouch of his, Ryuuzaki said,"I need to get some fresh air."

Alarmed, the old man said, "But Ryuuzaki, Kira is looking for y-"

With a slight wave of the hand, Ryuuzaki said," I know, I know. But there is a 27 percent chance Kira knows my real name, or by the alias Ryuuzaki. After you un-handcuff me, handcuff Light to the bedroom." Light didn't look too pleased about that, but he remained quiet.

Watari obliged, and a few moments later Ryuuzaki was rubbing his wrist. "I shouldn't be gone for more than two hours." As he walked past Watari he whispered in his ear," I want a tape of all of Light's actions while I'm gone." His friend gave a slight nod. As he went to step out the door, Matsuda said, "Aren't you going to wear shoes?"

With a slight chuckle, he replied,"No, Matsuda. There is a 5 percent chance that I will step on anything dangerous." Inside, Ryuuzaki sighed. He didn't want any further interruptions prior to his departure. With a slight wave, he walked out the door, out the building.

The air was cool, with a slight breeze. Not very likely to rain, Ryuuzaki concluded. That was good. He didn't care much for rain. It brought back too many memories, memories that should be left in the past. As he walked, his hunched-over position attracted a little attention, but not so much as to causing him to be uncomfortable. His bare feet brought him to a park. Little kids played and shouted. In his usual crouch, he sat on a park bench. As he watched the activity around him, looking for anything unusual, he felt a tug at his memory. It was blurry, but this was the park he had come to before. The wind blow-ed through his hair, and he closed his eyes, content. No matter how much sugar he consumed, the Kira case was taking it's toll. He was so content, that he almost didn't hear someone sit down beside him on the bench. Almost. He opened his eyes.
Sign up to rate and review this story