Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Precious

Caution

by flying_angel 0 reviews

A girl who knows Ryuuzaki's name approaches him, but he has a high sense she might be kira. Taking her to a place where they can speak privately, they hit a few bumps....

Category: Death Note - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: L - Published: 2008-06-19 - Updated: 2008-06-23 - 763 words

0Unrated
It was a girl. She looked to be around 17 or 18. She had layered brown hair (probably cut at a department store, from the looks of it) and warm brown eyes. She flashed him a smile. "Hey. I'm Kairi."

For a moment Ryuuzaki looked uncomfortable. He had to keep on his guard; no telling if this was Kira. He looked in her eyes and found nothing but pleasure, and a little surprise.

"I am-" Ryuuzaki went to say, but the girl cut him off.

"Ryuuzaki, I know." The girl's expression remained friendly, but Ryuuzaki's head jerked up. She already knew his name. Her percent of being Kira went up. His eyes widened. His eyes darted around looking to see if anyone was listening. Ryuuzaki hopped of the bench, and grabbed the girl's wrist.

"Come with me."

"What are you doing?" Kairi said, getting up and following the detective. "I know your name b-"

Ryuuzaki pressed a finger on her lips."Not here." He raised an eyebrow slightly when the girl turned a faint shade of pink. She quickly looked down. 29 percent of being Kira, Ryuuzaki thought. He pulled her after him, and started running. If you could call it running. He was walking faster than a walk, but in his usual slouched position, it looked like a weird form of jogging. I'll definitely have to eat extra sweets after this, he thought inside. He looked back. The girl, Kairi, was doing her best to keep up.

"Where are we going?" She puffed.

Ryuuzaki looked forward again. "Some place we can talk." He felt a different grip on his hand as he said the words. The detective realized that instead of holding the girl's wrist, she was now holding onto his hand. The notion made him slightly uncomfortable. He never had a knowledge of social skills.

Kairi ran along side him. "Why?"

Ryuuzaki ignored her and pulled out his cell phone. He sent a text to Watari that read: Going on roof. Do not follow. Holding it from the tips of his fingers, he dropped back in his pocket. They were back at the Head quarter's building. Leading Kairi around to the back of the building where the escape ladder was that lead up to the roof. Releasing the girl's hand, he turned towards her. Once again, her eyes startled him. This time, they were filled with curiosity, recognition, and something else. Something he could not identify, because he had never felt it. "We're climbing to the top. You first." Although he doubted it would happen, he didn't want to go up first in case Kairi ran away.

She gave him a quizzical look, but started up the rungs. Ryuuzaki followed, in fact, with ease, never taking his eyes off her. He was growing with anticipation, but also dread, to find of how she knew his name.

"You've changed a bit since I last saw you. But you still have some of the same habits as before." Kairi called down.

Ryuuzaki cringed, and stopped mid rung. She has seen me before? This is getting worse by the minute, he thought in panic. He was frozen on the rungs as these thoughts ran through his mind. If this girl is Kira, my death is inevitable.

Kairi looked down at him." Are you coming, Ryuuzaki?"

The sound of his name coming from her startled the detective. Before he could process what was happening, his hands had slipped from the rung. While falling through mid-air, he felt something grip his forearm. His eyes looked up in amazement. The girl had grabbed him at the last minute, and was desperately trying to hold on.

"Are you going to hang there all day?" Her face was strained from the effort.

Ryuuzaki blinked, then with his other hand grabbed a rung. Giving a little sigh of relief, the girl let go of him, but almost hesitantly, as if making sure he was stable. With her back turned towards him, she started climbing the rungs again. Still baffled, Ryuuzaki followed. The fact that she was able to grab me so quickly.....he thought. I'm definitely going to need more sugar after this.

The rest of the climb was in silence. Then finally, after Kairi, Ryuuzaki was standing on the roof. Brushing off his pants, he walked over to where Kairi was standing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew, that was tiring! as far as the scene with ryuuzaki falling off the rungs, idk why i put that, just to make something happen in the ascent. Please review and tell me what you think, good or bad!
Sign up to rate and review this story