Categories > Original > Horror > Slayer Story

Beauty and the Beast

by BlackAngelChick 1 review

Theta comes face to face with Akila.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-06-20 - Updated: 2008-06-21 - 1190 words - Complete

0Unrated
Inspired by a manga comic called Vampire Knight. There is a lot of creativity in here, so don’t sue me if I haven’t stuck to the traditional legends.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was late at night when I heard the scream. I woke from a pleasant dream about sitting in the rain and pushed a few silky strands of hair out of my sleepy eyes. The scream probably wasn’t a good thing, but I was never good at getting up.

Scream.

My eyes shot open and I jumped out of the bed. Hearing a scream when you were sleeping above a monster was not good. I grabbed my coat and pulled on a pair of black leather boots as I ran over to the window, running through the glassless door and onto the balcony. Without stopping, I hooked my fingers onto the railing and swung over the edge, landing on the ivy covered balcony bellow. A big red velvet curtain hung on the inside of the room, blocking my view in. But that wasn’t going to stop me.

I slammed my foot into the glass, watching with satisfaction as it shattered into tiny, sharp pieces. I pulled the curtain to one side and stepped into a mirror image of my hotel room, scanning the room for Akila. I saw her on the bed, and to be honest, I was surprised at what I saw.

Akila Vici was every bit the supermodel that I expected her to be; tall, slim, blonde. But her eyes, they were crimson, the sign of a pureblood vampire. It took a few seconds for me to notice the blood on her hands and mouth, and the limp body of a young maid lying on the stained carpet. Her mouth was open in surprise, and I could see the blood slowly dripping from pearly white fangs.

“You came.” she whispered in fluent French, her voice light like a summer breeze.

“And you drank blood from an innocent girl.” I replied, silently thanking The Boss for making me learn various languages.

Akila smiled, her stained blonde ringlets falling in front of her delicate face.

“Of course I drank blood,’ she laughed,’ you can’t expect me to live off human foods alone can you?”

“What about the donated blood? There’s plenty of that.”

“Donated blood pales in comparison to the real thing. It’s so hard to get rare blood these days,’ she sighed,’ and O type makes me throw up.”

“That doesn’t matter. You broke the code, and now I have to punish you.” I pulled my dagger out of my coat pocket and watched as the girl hissed.

“Get that thing away from me!” she hissed, licking dried blood from her manicured fingers. The blade of my dagger began to glow red, spewing crimson light across the room.

“See this?” I held the blade in front of her face.

“It’s Van Helsing’s very own blade, and it’s the last thing you’ll ever lay eyes on.”

I whirled the blade behind my head an struck the shadow creature behind me right between its sparkling green eyes, enjoying the splattering sound as thick black blood burst from it’s body.

“Nice little trick,’ I said,’ but it won’t work on me.”

Akila screamed, her desperation showing clearly. She scrambled off the bed and stood in the middle of the room, throwing her arms over her head. The room filled with a black mist, the first stage of a rare vampire trick. I pulled my coat tight around my body and held my dagger in front of my head, the blade facing the ceiling. The patterns engraved on the hilt started to glow purple and the blade reflected the light like a crystal, shining the light in beams all over the room. The black mist swirled around the room, trying to get close to my skin. I knew what Akila was trying to do, and I wasn’t about to give in. Unfortunately, Mr. Stefanovsi didn’t get the memo.

I saw him climb through the broken window behind Akila, saw him walk forwards into the mist. In an instant, all the skin was torn from his body, revealing gleaming wet muscle tissue.
Mr. Stefanovsi screamed as the muscle unwound from his bones, spurting blood all over the room. His cream colored bones fell in a heap, various organs rolling along the carpet.

Akila stopped in surprise and stared at me, the black mist retreating into the palms of her hands.

“Who was that?”

“That was my partner.”

Taking advantage of her shock, I sprinted forwards and plunged my dagger into her chest, twisting it and pushing it in deep. Akila’s eyes widened with shock and she screamed in pain, throwing up blood on my coat. I pulled my dagger out of her chest and she sank to the floor, her blood flowing out onto the carpet.

When she had finally stopped twitching, I nudged her body with my boot. Satisfied that she was dead, I pulled my mobile phone out of my pocket and dialed The Boss’s number.

“Hello?’ the voice at the end of the line crackled.

“Boss, its Theta. Akila is dead, and so is one of the maids from the hotel and Mr. Stefanovsi. I’m finished here; can you arrange transport back for me?”

“Good work Theta,’ The Boss replied,’ I’ll arrange a ride home for you right away. Did you say Mr. Stefanovsi’s dead?”

“Yes.”

“Ah. Well, at least that makes thinks easier to arrange. See you soon.”

As I hung up, I saw Akila Vici haul herself off the blood-soaked carpet and stagger towards me.

“You.... you’ll...... p.....pay for.......for......for thi.....this...” she moaned. Feeling almost sorry for her, I hurled my dagger at her head and watched as she fell backwards, feeling satisfaction as the blade sunk between her eyes. I walked over to the finally deceased supermodel and pulled my dagger out of her head, watching as what was left of her blood trickled down her face.

Careful to avoid Mr. Stefanovsi’s once beating heart, I walked over to the balcony and wiped some blood from my face. I jumped up and grabbed the edge of my balcony, hauling myself up. Once inside my room, I headed towards the room service phone and dialed reception.

“Hello?” answered the man at the main desk.
“I heard a few noises downstairs. It sounded like someone was having a fight, and I think I heard something break. Could you check on it for me? I think there might be a problem.”

Before I could get a reply, I hung up. Whether room service decided to check I on the room or not wasn’t my problem. Walking into the bathroom, I turned on the hot tap and poured in some bath gel. A few minutes later, just as I was starting to feel the blood wash off my skin, I heard a shriek form downstairs. Apparently, room service had decided to take my phone call seriously.
Sign up to rate and review this story