Categories > Original > Horror > Slayer Story

Night time in Paris

by BlackAngelChick 4 reviews

No horrible plane trip will get in the way of this mission.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Horror - Published: 2008-06-03 - Updated: 2008-06-04 - 791 words - Complete

0Unrated
I laid my small leather suitcase aside and flopped down onto the crisp white sheets of the hotel bed, glad to be off the cramped overnight plane trip and on solid ground again. As a child I had loved flight and anything to do with it, but after a little misunderstanding involving two dragons and a phoenix, I had lost that love.

For any of the various missions that I went on, The Boss always hooked me up with the best accommodation affordable. It was my payment, and I’m not one to argue with that. An added bonus to the luxury was that this was also the hotel that Akila Vici was staying at, saving me valuable time by not having to track her down. The Boss is always thorough in his research.

Akila Vici must have very good taste, because this hotel was definitely one of the fanciest I had been to, and would probably be six stars if the ratings went that high. My room was on the sixth floor, and had a dainty wooden balcony with a great view of a quiet little park. I could even see the Eiffel Tower in the distance, an added bonus. The inside the room was all the basic hotel stuff: a bed, TV, computer, a walk-in wardrobe and a bathroom. What made the room extraordinary were the sheer size and the tastefully picked furniture. The bed was a king sized four-poster, reaching up to the ceiling and topped with a canopy of fine red velvet, the mattress covered in a thick woolen sheet that was decorated in lovely intricate little patterns, and the pillows were as soft as clouds. The room itself was tastefully decorated, red and gold wallpaper, quaint little pictures of beautiful scenery hung from the walls in gold painted frames, table and chairs made out of good quality timber that was so highly polished that I could see my face in it, the cream carpet was soft and deep, and a plasma screen TV with all the channels. The bathroom was amazing. The walls were made of black marble, and the bath doubled up as a spa with eight different settings. I was in heaven.

Or, I would be, if Mr. Stefanovsi wasn’t in the room next to me. I could still hear him throwing up after having that awful plane food. Maybe I even felt a bit sorry for him.

I was just starting to get relaxed when I heard a knock on the balcony window. I looked out into the inky darkness of night-time in Paris and saw a thin little creature about the size of an average four year old tapping it’s bony fingers on the glass. Its skin was almost as black as the darkness outside, and would be totally invisible if its eyes weren’t glowing green like little emeralds. I shuddered as I realized just how similar those eyes were to mine. The creature grinned at me, revealing a row jagged purple teeth covered in something crimson red. Blood.

I slid off the bed and crouched down on the carpet as I heard the window explode. I shook a few shards of glass off my coat and stood up, sliding my dagger out of my pocket. I was still amused by the fact that I had slipped right through customs with it. I pointed the silver blade at the creature.

“What do you want from me?” I wasn’t sure whether it could understand English, so I tried again in French. The reply I got was unexpected. The creature walked forwards, unfazed by the window it had just broken or the razor tipped glass under its unprotected feet, and handed me a piece of paper, rolled up and tied with a lacy green ribbon. I looked down at the creature, so sure that it had wanted a fight.

“Uh, thanks?”

The creature just stood there. For a lack of anything else to say, I tucked my raven black hair behind my ears and undid the ribbon on the scroll. On the paper there were four words written blotchily in red ink.

Leave me alone, slayer.

Apparently, Akila Vici knew that I had arrived. I took a closer look at the ink, which was still wet and had a faint perfume-ish smell lingering around it. I threw the note back to the creature.

“Tell your mistress I have a job to do.”

The creature nodded and ran to the balcony. I followed it and watched as jumped over the railing and onto the balcony bellow, disappearing into the room below mine. Surprise flooded over me: Akila Vici’s room was under mine! I would have to be very, very careful.
Sign up to rate and review this story