Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Damaged Part II

The Wedding

by joelmaddensbabigurl 0 reviews

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2008-06-25 - Updated: 2008-06-26 - 1913 words - Complete

0Unrated
!!!!!Chapter 9!!!!!

[The Day of The Wedding]
Today was the day that Hilary and Joel are finally getting married. Hilary sat behind the closed doors waiting for her bridesmaids and maid of honor. Joel was already inside and was waiting for Hilary to come out. Hilary wore an ivory lace Monique Lhuillier gown with a cathedral-length veil. Her make up was natural except she had dark eyes from lots of eyeliner and her lips were red. Her hair was straight and some of it was up in the back. She also had a tiara in her hair

She looked up at her father who was standing next to her. He smiled back at her. She looked over seeing Joy walking up to her with her. She had on a pink strapless Vera Wang dress that fell above her knees with black high-heeled shoes. Her hair was curled and some of it was pulled back with bobby pins. Her make up was all-natural and she looked gorgeous. She carried her bouquet of pink and white roses in her hands, “Joy, I'm getting nervous and excited.” she said smiling

“Hilary it will be okay. You love Joel and that’s all that matters and you have been waiting for this day for like ages!” Joy said smiling as she walked up to Hilary

Hilary nodded, “you are totally right. I'm ready to marry my sexy Joel Madden!” she said smiling

“Totally!” Joy said as the door opened

Hilary looked over seeing her four bridesmaids walking up to them. Her bridesmaids were Linzi, Kelsey, Lexi, and Ashlee. They wearing pineapple yellow Vera Wang bridesmaid dresses that fell above their knees as well. They also had on black high heels and carried a bouquet of white and pink roses in their hands. The groomsmen also joined them. Billy walked up to Linzi, Tony went with Kelsey, josh went with Lexi, and Tal went with Ashlee. Benji walked up and joined Joy.

Hilary looked at them and then at her father, “daddy I'm ready.” she said smiling

“Alright.” he said putting the veil in front of her face, “I love you Hilary and I hope you are happy for the rest of your life.” he said smiling at his daughter

Hilary hugged her father, “thanks daddy.” she said as they heard the music start.

The doors opened and the flower girls, Savannah, Jade, and Addison were taken down the isle. One they were down Ashlee and Tal walked down, then Josh and Lexi walked down, then Tony and Kelsey, then Billy and Linzi. Benji and Joy locked arms and made their way down the aisle. They split ways as they reached the bottom. Joel looked really nervous but was happy.

Hilary grabbed onto her fathers arm and they began walking down the aisle. Hilary looked around seeing a lot of people there. She was happy that her loved ones and family could make it. She was happy to have Joel's family there as well. Tears started forming in her eyes as she looked at Joel. He looks so cute and she couldn't believe she was getting married.

Hilary and her father stopped just before they hit the steps. The music stopped and the priest looked out at everybody who was there, “dearly beloved, we are gathered here in the sight of God, and in the presence of family and friends to join together this man and this woman in Holy Matrimony, which is commended of St. Paul to be an honorable estate, instituted of God and therefore is not to be entered into unadvisedly or carelessly, but reverently, joyfully and in the love of God. Into this holy estate these two persons come now to be joined.

The priest looked at Mr. Mathers, “who gives this bride to this Groom in marriage?”

Hilary's father looked over at Hilary smiling, “I do.” he said placing Hilary's right hand in Joel left hand. He turned around and went back to his seat next to Hilary's mother.

Joel smiled at Hilary as they walked up to the priest joining him. Joel moved her veil behind her as the priest looked at Hilary and the crowd, “Jesus Christ reminds us, that at the beginning the Creator made us male and female, and said, For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother and shall cleave to his wife; and the two shall become one flesh.” the priest continued looking out at the crowd, “God loved us, and created us to love others. Our lives find completion only as we love and are loved in return. Together, we can become what can become what we could never be separately. Marriage is of God.”

The priest looked out at the people, “love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Love never fails.” he turned his attention to Hilary and Joel smiling, “Joel Madden and Hilary Mathers come today desiring to be united in this sacred relationship.” he looked at the family and friends, “let us pray.”

Everybody in the room closed their eyes and put the heads down as the priest continued, “O' Almighty God you have created us all in the image of Love, the image of yourself. Bless now these two who stand before you. Guide them in your wisdom, shine your light upon them, that as they journey through this life together they will walk as bearers of your Truth. Amen.”
Hilary looked up as tears welled up in her eyes once again. She looked over at Joy and handed her bouquet of roses. Joy grabbed them and smiled at her

The priest looked at Hilary and Joel, “please join hands.” Hilary and Joel grabbed each other’s hands facing each other. Hilary had tears streaming down her face. The priest smiled at them, “I ask you each now to repeat the marriage vows.”

Joel looked at Hilary as he had her hands in his, “I Joel Ruben Madden take you Hilary Ann Mathers for my wedded wife, to love and cherish, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. From this day forward.”

Hilary smiled as she choked back tears looking at Joel, “I Hilary Ann Mathers take you Joel Ruben Madden for my wedded husband, to love and cherish, for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. From this day forward.”

The priest looked over at Joy and Benji, “the rings please?” he said as they both walked up giving him the rings. He put them in his hands to bless them, “May the Lord bless these rings which you give to each other as your sign of Love, Devotion and ever lasting peace. Amen.”

Hilary looked at Joel as they held hands. She turned her attention back to the priest, “Joel as you place this ring on Hilary's finger I ask you to repeat these words. This ring is my sacred gift to you, a symbol of my Love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my love will surround you, with this ring I three wed.”

Joel nodded and grabbed the ring from the priest. He looked at Hilary who was still crying, “Hilary, this ring is my sacred gift to you, a symbol of my Love, a sign that from this day forward and always, my Love will surround you, with this ring I thee wed.” Joel placed the ring on Hilary's left ring finger.

Hilary grabbed the ring from the priest taking Joel's hands back in hers, “Joel, this ring is my sacred gift to you, a symbol of my Love, a sign hat from this day forward and always, my love will surround you, with this ring I thee wed.” she said putting the ring on Joel left ring finger.

Joel wiped some of Hilary's tears away before they turned to face the priest as he read of the bible, “oh, eternal God creator and preserver, giver of all spiritual grace, the author of everlasting life; send thy blessing upon these thy servants, this man and this woman, whom we bless in thy name; that they, living faithfully together, may surely perform and keep the vow and covenant between them as symbolized by these rings as a token and pledge, and may ever remain in perfect love and peace together and live according to thy laws. Amen.”

The priest smiled as he looked out at the crowd of people, “for as much as Hilary and Joel has consented together in holy matrimony and have witnessed the same before God and those present, and have pledged their faithfulness, each to the other, and have declared their love by giving and receiving Rings and by joining hands, i now, by the authority committed unto me as a minister and a priest, declare that Hilary and Joel are husband and wife according to the ordinance of God, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Those whom God has joined together, let no one asunder.”

The priest turned his attention to Hilary and Joel who were holding hands, “may the peace and the unconditional love of God surround you and remain with you now and forevermore. Amen.” he closed his book looking at Hilary and Joel smiling, “you may seal your vows with a kiss.”

Hilary and Joel turned to face each other. Joel pulled her into a kiss and they soon pulled away as the crowd cheered and clapped.

They turned to the crowd as they clapped and cheered. The priest looked at the crowd, “allow me to present Mr. and Mrs. Joel Madden!

Hilary and Joel looked at each other and joined hands once again. They looked out at their families and friends seeing most of them crying from being happy. They looked at each other and made their way up the aisle as people clapped and cheered and threw rose pedals at them. The bridal party soon followed behind them.

[Inside the Church Hall]
Hilary and Joel sat outside the doors waiting for people to come and greet them. She hugged Joel, “Joel I love you so much.” she said as tears welled up in her eyes once again

“Hilary I love you too.” he said kissing her and wiping some tears away

Hilary looked over seeing people coming out. She kissed him on last time before pulling away and standing beside him.

Joy walked up to them, “congratulations guys!” she said hugging the both of them

“Thanks Joy.” Hilary said sniffing back tears, “is my make up ruined?” she asked

Joy used her hands to fix her make up, “there you go its all better! Just don't cry anymore.” she said giggling
Hilary giggled, “I’ll try not too!” she said as Joy moved over letting other people hug them.

Hilary and Joel sat in the church for about a half hour as everybody walked up to them and hugged them. Everybody was happy they finally tied the knot. Hilary was officially part of Joel's family and Joel was apart of her family. She couldn't wait to tell Joel her good news.
Sign up to rate and review this story