Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Deadlines

A New Beginning

by neve 2 reviews

I wanna be in the crowd Sorry for taking so long to post this and i'm having problems posting it properly - aghh

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Published: 2008-06-26 - Updated: 2008-06-26 - 1392 words - Complete

2Exciting
Chapter Four: A New Beginning

Jill sat her desk, her fingers quickly moving across the keyboard as she worked on the article. The steady drum of the busy office had began to quieten down as people left for the night.

"How's it going?" Justin asked as he pushed back his chair to be alongside her.

"I've done a rough first draft and I just need to add the bit about tonight and then I have all tomorrow to finish it off." Jill replied.

"Brilliant." Jill replied.

"Did you give Ruth something for the website?"

"I did," she assured him passing him the copy of the website post, "plus I managed to get one of the photo's taken today before they got all dressed up for the photoshoot."

Justin looked at the copy and looked back up at her, "Okay, so you've managed to give her something without actually giving her anything."

"What do you mean?" Jill asked pulling back the copy to reread it.

"Well there's new material being revealed today that you must have discussed in the interview but yet there's nothing in that post about it."

Jill sighed knowing full well what he was getting at, "I promised them I wouldn't reveal any specifics so tonight will be a complete surprise for fans."

"You are too soft Jill, you've got an exclusive there and you're gonna sit on it."

"Yep." Jill smiled.

"Fool," Justin said throwing his arms in the air with frustration.

"Arse." Jill replied sticking her tongue out at him.

They both jumped slightly as a bundle of papers was dropped on Justin's desk.

"This is a professional magazine, not a school playground," Neil barked.

"Sorry boss." Justin said quickly pulling himself back to his desk.

"You both better watch your time," Neil said tapping his watch, "Here's your passes,"

Jill reached up and caught them as they were thrown towards her."Well we better be going."

Neil looked suprisingly at Justin, "You're going with Jill," he asked, "I didn't think this would be your thing."

"Someone's got to keep her in line." Justin told him as he nodded towards Jill noting she rolled her eyes.

"Well enjoy and remember Jill I need it by close of business tomorrow."

"No problem boss."

Justin watched as Neil returned to his office and then turned his attention back to Jill, "No problem boss," he mocked in the most sarcastic babyish tone.

"Shut it, there's still time to offload your pass on to someone more deserving." Jill told him as she noticed him guard it, "Alright Frodo with your magic pass."

"Hey no taking the piss out of the hobbit." He replied pretending to be offended.

"You are such a dork."

"Says the girl with the Emily the Strange obsession." Justin said flicking a piece of paper at her.

"I hardly call one ornament an obsession." She replied switching off her computer, "I'm just going to get quickly tidied up before we go."

Justin rolled his eyes as he glanced at his watch, "Hurry up will you."


An hour later

"Hey could you just park up here," Jill asked the taxi driver aware they were running slightly late.

"I don't think I could go much closer anyway love what with all the people down there." The taxi driver replied as he stopped the car and stopped the fare counter, "That'll be £8.40 thanks.”

Jill reached into her bag and pulled out a crisp ten pound note.

“I’ll get this.” Justin said digging into his wallet.

“Jus, I invited you, I’ll get it.” Jill replied reaching over to hand the money to the driver.

“No it’s fine.” Justin told her pushing her hand back.

Their bickering continued until the taxi driver snapped, “Look as much as I like this lovers tiff, can one of you just pay and get the hell out of my cab before I get blocked down here by the walking undead.”

The shock of his response caused Jill to almost stop breathing as she thought about him assuming her and Justin were a couple. It gave Justin just enough time to pay the driver as he then ushered her out. “Well darling, shall we just do down that alley and make out.” He asked as the taxi driver sped off.

“Will you quit it,” Jill replied laughing, “You better hide that.”

Justin looked down to his chest where she pointed and quickly hide his press credentials and aftershow pass.

“I need you to get through this alive you know and you definitely don’t want to be flashing that thing around in the middle of the crowd.” Jill smirked.

They quickly turned the corner towards the Hammersmith to see the huge group of fans. The people in the black capes were still present and she noted the fans with the signs announcing the black parade.

“This is so cool.” Jill said turning to face Justin.

“What?, have you reverted back to your 14 year old self again.” He playfully mocked.

“You won’t spoil this for me and I will put my serious writing head on when I get in there but I just think it’s cool how they’ve made it into such an event for the fans. It’s a huge deal that they’ve chosen to promote it here first.” Jill replied.

“I suppose so but we better hurry up and get in before it starts.” Justin said making his way to the press entrance.

“I want to be in with the crowd.” Jill said playing up to the teenager reverting thing.

“Whatever, now move your ass before I just shout you’re a journo from the Daily Mail and we’ll just see how long you last in that said crowd.”

“You wouldn’t dare.” Jill said slightly hesitantly knowing full well he was capable of doing just that.

“Just try me.” Justin replied, “Move it.”

Jill quickly followed him into the building and pulled out her press credentials and pass to the security guard who eventually allowed them entry. The atmosphere was already building as she watched from the press balcony as the fans began to quickly fill the hall. The show has sold out in less than 15 minutes and the magazine’s forums had shown the heightened anticipation for the show tonight. Jill listened in to the conversations around her as she tried to pick out what press had come to cover the event. The usual music magazines such as NME and Kerrang were present and the friendly banter had already taken place between them. Justin was already ensconced beside the writer from Kerrang. The rivalry was always there to bring out the best magazine but you would meet up with the same writers at the same events time and time again that it was only natural friendships would be born. She watched as the media heavyweights jostled for position whilst maintaining they had been forced to cover the event especially after the Daily Mail article. It was always the same with these people, they would spend time before the show bitching about how they didn’t really want to be here, then they would enjoy the show and go out on a high but yet miraculously when it came to the review they left out the imagination and excitement of it and reverted to the old stale formula. Jill wasn’t suprised that there did not seem to be any represensative from the Daily Mail present and she smiled at the sheer hypocrisy of it all. She imagined that their writer would be talking to the concerned parents outside trying to whip up some story about the Way brothers being decendents from some Jersey devil worshipping cult.

The lights suddenly dimmed and the crowd went mental as they waited for the band to appear. However they soon settled when an announcer proclaimed that My Chemical Romance were unable to play and would be replaced by The Black Parade. Justin turned to Jill, “What the fuck is going on?” he asked well practically screamed into her ear as the crowd began to boo. “Just wait, you can be so impatient sometimes.”


Sorry for taking so long again, I’ve almost finished the next chapter so I’ll get that posted tomorrow hopefully. Thanks for the lovely reviews – make my day.
Sign up to rate and review this story