Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

Finding Your Passion

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

Madison finds her passion with a visit to the hospital.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-06-26 - Updated: 2008-06-27 - 3117 words - Complete

2Ambiance
After the show the great bunk switch was on. Bob and Frank switched while Madison and Elisabeth switched. It was decided on those two because they knew about the cameras and honestly they didn’t know who they could trust because someone who was family betrayed them.

They lay in Bob’s new bunk with Madison lying her head on his shoulder.

“These past couple of days have been trying to say the least,” Madison said as she looked up at Bob.

“I’m sorry about that hun.”

“It wasn’t just our fight. Do you know what it took just to get here?”

“Tell me,” Bob said sympathetically as he held her closer.

“Well first of all I had to take a commercial flight. I’ve never had to do that before. Luckily the cab driver dropped me off at the correct terminal. I had to wait in line for tickets which was not fun at all. Then when I finally got my tickets and the thing…”

“The boarding pass?” Bob interrupted.

“I guess so. I had to go through security. They wanted to see my license, my picture was so horrible. I was wearing sandals and they still made me take them off.”

“Ever since that whole shoe bomber incident we have to be more careful.”

“So I finally get through the airport security. I was so embarrassed that I had to put what little toiletries and make-up I had in a plastic bag. I misread where I was supposed to go to get the flight. I ended up at the wrong gate and when I asked someone I had to run to catch the flight. They weren’t even going to hold the plane for me.”

Bob chuckled and squeezed her tight, then kissed her on the forehead. Right now he could see how different their worlds really were.

“Luckily I got there before the doors closed. My ticket said first class, but it all it was really was sixteen of what they call oversized seats at the front of the plane I really expected more. I do have the workers were very accommodating. That was until I asked for a mimosa. I just really needed a drink after what had happened the night before and what I saw so early that morning.”

Bob looked into her eyes, “What did you see?”

“On the living area view I saw Matt and James having a popcorn fight. The camera in my bunk just showed the usual I imagine, an empty bunk.”

“And mine?”

“I saw you staring at the picture of the two of us. It just broke my heart, especially after what I thought I did.”

“I missed you like crazy.”

“I missed you too.”

Bob leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, when they broke he just smiled at her. “Please continue about the mimosa.”

“Did you know that they didn’t serve it on such a short flight? Well the plane lands and they mention that they landed in Detroit, so everyone gets off and I stay on. The workers look at me weird and ever so nicely say ‘Can we help you?’ So I said, ‘When are we going to take off and go to Akron, Ohio?’” She looked up at him and pouted, “Bob they laughed at me. They asked to see my boarding pass and told me I had to get off the plane and go to the gate number I originally went to in New York. On top of that I had to wait for twenty minutes for the next flight. That’s when I noticed my ticket said Economy. I marched right up to the counter and demanded that they change my ticket. Then they told me that’s the only seats this plane had. I get on the plane and there is only ten rows of four and five going across the back row. Because of the late booking I got to sit in the back. Not only that I’m next to this massive man who ends up falling asleep on my shoulder and drooling on me. I am never taking another commercial flight as long as I live.”

Bob couldn’t help but laugh at her ordeal. Which was so minor compared to the bullshit they had to put up with when flying. Try ten hour layovers and cancelled flights or even missed flights because one was running late. ‘Poor Maddie,’ he thought ‘what would she do in the real world?’

“You’re laughing at me,” she said sadly.

“I’m sorry hun, but I would kill for a flight like that.”

“You’ve been through worse?”

“Yeah a lot worse.”

“I’m sorry I never flew like that before. I’ll tell you a secret though, if I ever needed to get to you. I would do it again, only for you though.”

Bob smiled down at her, “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

Bob brushed the hair that was hanging over her bruised eye. He was about to kiss her forehead and realized how swollen her eye was. She could read his face that what he saw wasn’t good.

“What’s the matter?”

“I’ve had a few black eyes in my day and the swelling should have gone down by now but yours has gotten worse. When we get to the venue in the morning I’m taking you to the hospital.”

“Bob I’m sure it’s fine.”

“Hey waiting doesn’t make it go away it gets worse. I learned the hard way. Remember I almost died. I was two days away from not being here talking to you.”

She leaned in and kissed him softly at first and then it grew in intensity and passion.

“I’m glad you went when you did,” she whispered.

“Me too. Let’s get some sleep.”

Bob spooned her and wrapped his arm tightly around her waist. Holding her so close to him, holding her so tight he never wanted her to get away again.

Bob finally got up around ten-thirty. He carefully turned Madison over and looked at her eye, it was almost swollen shut.

“Maddie come on get up.”

“Bob, please my head is pounding.”

“Come on baby please. I need to get you to the hospital.”

Madison’s right opened with no problem, but as much as she tried her left eye wouldn’t. She looked at Bob terrified.

“Come on let’s get you to the hospital.”

There was always a van at the venues for the performers to borrow so Bob asked Worm to get one of them and see if he could drive them to the hospital. Forty five minutes later they were in the waiting room.

“Do you have any insurance Miss Trenton?”

“No. You can send the bill to my father.”

She politely gave her home address to the woman.

“Your father isn’t the William Trenton as in wealthy billionaire William Trenton?”

“No,” Bob interjected.

After they checked in they were shown to seats where they could wait.

“Why did you say no?” asked a bewildered Madison.

“Then they would have given you special treatment, and took you before all these people. Hoping you’ll tell your father and he’ll make some big fat donation.”

“So.”

“Look around you.”

She was an elderly woman who was having problems breathing, she saw a little boy crying because his throat hurt. There was a girl a little older than Elisabeth just leaning on her boyfriends shoulder holding a badly bleeding finger.

“Any of these people could have something more serious than you but because your father has money and they don’t, you’ll go first. It’s just not right Maddie.”

Madison remembered the night she ‘fell’ down the stairs. Her father was a trustee at the hospital and while she had no life threatening injuries the staff doted on her. Meanwhile in the bed next to hers in the emergency wing a mother of three died. It struck her could she have been indirectly the cause of that women’s death?

With a tear rolling down her good eye she looked at Bob, “You’re right.”

He put his arms around her and held her until they were called.

The doctor winced at her eye and even more when she said she received it three days ago. He ordered an MRI to make sure there was no skull damage, or bleeding on the brain. As they sat there waiting a woman and her teenage son were also waiting, he had what appeared to be a broken arm.

“Are you from that band My Chemical Romance?” asked the boy.

Bob gave a weak smile, he really loved the fans but there are time like these where he just needed to be Bob Bryar, loving boyfriend.

“Yeah.”

The kid turned to his mother “I told you.” He turned back to Bob, “My older brother really admires you, and he’s a drummer too. At least he was but he doesn’t play anymore.”

“Bartholomew leave the nice man alone,” she then turned to Bob, “I’m really sorry.

“Why did he stop playing?” asked Bob.

The boy looked down, “He stopped playing when they told him he was dying of cancer.”

Bob looked at the two of them, “I’m sorry.”

It was then that Madison’s name was called.

He couldn’t go in with her so he sat out and talked to the boy and his mother. Soon they were called. Fifteen minutes later Madison came back out and they proceeded back to the emergency room.

“You seem distant,” said Madison.

“I was just thinking. I was talking to the mother and the teenager about his brother. He’s had it pretty hard these last few months.”

“You want to visit him after we’re done here?”

“You read my mind.”

After waiting forever for the doctor he finally showed up.

“I looked at your MRI and everything seems to be okay. You just have a leaky blood vessel, so I’m going to drain it and then cauterize the problem vessel. It should take no longer than fifteen minutes.”

Madison noticed how uncomfortable Bob looked, “Why don’t you go visit the boy and I’ll meet you up there.”

“No I want to stay here with you.”

“No you don’t,” she smiled, “I can handle it.”

“I want to be here with you.”

“And knowing that you do is enough. Go ahead.”

“You sure?”

She nodded her head. He leaned down and kissed her on the forehead and said, “I love you.”

“Go.”

With one last smile he left.

Bob made his way to Pediatrics and found the room he was looking for. The patient, Timothy, was looking sad in his bed just staring at the ceiling. Bob quietly knocked on the door.

“Go away.”

“Your brother would kill me if I did that.”

Looking at the figure that just walked in and for the first time in months Timothy had a real smile.


True to his word the doctor was done in fifteen minutes. Madison signed a release form and got her instructions. She was to take it easy for the next couple of days. She smiled knowing Bob would probably wait on her hand and foot. She left the room and on the way out she asked the nurse at the desk where she could find an oncology patient.

“The fourth floor,” answered the woman.

Madison made her way up to the fourth floor to look for Bob. She peeked in some rooms and then she heard a woman sobbing. She made her way down the hall and the sobs grew louder and louder. She stopped just outside the room where the sobs were coming from.

“Are you okay?” Madison said quietly.

The woman in her late forties with very cropped, thin, mousy brown hair, sunken bloodshot eyes and a weak expression looked at Madison.

“I’m sorry that’s a stupid question.”

Madison knew from the tours she took when she entered her one and only year of med school that she was dying. Not only that dying soon.

“Who are you and why are you here?”

“My name is Madison Trenton, I was actually looking for a friend when I heard you. For some reason I felt drawn to come in. I’m sorry how much longer do you have?” Madison struggled with the question.

“It’s that obvious?”

“I went to medical school for a year. I’ve seen patients in a similar situation.”

“A week maybe two. I’m going to a hospice later today; I don’t want my family to watch me die. It’s already been so hard on them.”

“Is that why you were crying?”

“No,” the woman shook her head.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“I don’t even know you.”

“I told you my name is Madison. A friend once told me sometimes strangers are the best listeners, or something to that affect.”

“I was diagnosed two years ago with breast cancer. I had my breasts removed and started radiation therapy. The operation was labeled a ‘success’ they caught all the cancer or so it seemed. For almost a year I was in remission but now it’s back and more aggressive than ever. Nothing has worked.”

“I’m sorry it must be hard knowing that you’re dying.”

“The worst part my daughter got accepted to Harvard Medical and though she has paid for the first semester tuition she can’t continue. We had gone through her tuition savings and she’ll never realize her dream of becoming a doctor.”

“What’s her name?”

“Jennifer Thomas. Why?”

Madison took a pen and paper from her pocketbook and wrote the name down.

“Don’t worry about anything. I’ll take of it.”

“What?”

“I’m from a very rich family and I have a multi-million dollar foundation at my disposal. Congratulations you’re the first recipient of a gift from the Victoria Reed Trenton Foundation.”

“Thank you,” said the woman through her tears.

“Your children will never have to worry about a college education again.”

“Here, this is a number where I can be reached. Please have your family call me with the arrangements.”

“Thank you.”

“It’s the least I could do. You didn’t happen to see a blonde guy wearing a black hoodie and sunglasses stroll by here?”

“No I’m sorry.”

“That’s okay. I checked everywhere on this floor. But I can’t find him. Take care and godspeed.”

“Thank you Madison.”

Madison smiled at the woman and left. She decided to see if Bob went back to the emergency area to find her.

She went down the elevator and the doors opened and who was standing there was Bartholomew, sporting a new cast, and his mom.

“Oh are you going to visit your older son?”

“Yes, he’s really happy Bob came and visited him. Do you want to come and visit too?” asked the tired looking woman.

“I was looking for his room to find Bob so that would be great.”

The three of them got off on the fifth floor and pass the nurses station.

They heard voices coming from the room and then the teenager laughing. Timothy looked up at his mother and brother, with a smile in his eyes that had been missing for so long now.

Bob smiled as he saw Madison, then walked up to her and kissed her on the side of her forehead.

“Finally made it I see.”

“I got a little sidetracked.”

“Tim, I want you my girlfriend Madison Trenton.”

Madison’s heart skipped a beat when he said that. She couldn’t wait until the stupid contracts were up and they could be out in the open.

“Except for the shiner you are one lucky man,” smiled Tim.

Bob looked down and blushed, “Thanks.”

Bob’s cell rang. The voice on the other line said, “Bob its Worm. We need to go back to the venue, there was an accident.”

“What happened?”

“A piece of lighting fell and someone almost got hit.”

“Meet us downstairs.”

“I’m sorry Tim we gotta go.” He then turned to Madison “Do you have a pen and paper?”

Madison pulled out the pen and a piece of blank paper. Bob wrote something on it, “Here call me anytime.”

“Thanks,” smiled Tim.

“And remember we’re a secret,” he said pointing at himself and Madison.

They said their good-byes and left.

They were walking out of the hospital to wait for Worm to take them back to the venue.

“That visit was tough. I hate hearing stuff like he told me.”

“What’s that?”

“He’s a perfect candidate for an experimental regime of drugs that could kill the cancer. Problem is its experimental and insurance won’t cover it and they can’t afford it.”

“Can I have your phone?”

Madison pressed some numbers, “Hi Dorothy it’s Madison.”

“Madison, how are you sweetheart?” said the voice on the other end.

“I need a few favors. I want you to get me the dean of Harvard Medical and the makers of the new experimental cancer cocktail and have them call me at this number here.”

“Anything else dear?”

Her voice got sullen, “Have you heard from my dad?”

Bob took her hand and squeezed it.

“He’s been horribly busy over in Japan. He felt bad about not calling you girls. But he lost his phone a while back. It included Bob’s number so he lost contact with you. The deal was finally settled Mark had to fly out a couple of days ago to seal it all up. They’re flying home now and he said if you called that he would call you later tonight or tomorrow.” Madison smiled at the prospect.

“What was that about?” asked Bob as he saw Worm pulling up.

“Something else happened in New York.”

Bob took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, “What?”

“Mark and my father set up a fifty million dollar charitable foundation in my mother’s name the Victoria Reed Trenton Foundation.”

“Whoa,” Bob couldn’t even fathom that amount of money.

“I just found my first two recipients, a woman who is dying and wants to send her daughter to med school and a teenager in need of a cure.”

“Pretty good causes, if I do say so myself. How do you do it?”

“Do what?”

“Make me fall in love with you more each day.”
Sign up to rate and review this story