Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Simple Chemical Life

Enemies to Friends

by Moonshyne 2 reviews

An almost accident turns enemies into friends

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar - Published: 2008-06-29 - Updated: 2008-06-29 - 957 words - Complete

2Original
Earlier that day at the venue.

“So have you said anything to her yet?” asked Elisabeth.

“No. But I did look in her pocketbook and suitcase and there they were. I can’t believe she lied to me we were best friends before we started dating.”

“I’m sorry.”

Elisabeth and Derek were sitting at the sound booth watching Linkin Park go through their sound check before the show. Fifteen minutes later they were done and people were scurrying across the stage to unload LP and load Julien K back on the stage.

“What is she doing up there?” asked Elisabeth.

“I don’t know.”

Natasha grabbed a mic and started signing acapella an old Bette Midler song “The Rose”.

“She actually has a nice voice.”

“She gets a lot of the female solos in the choir.”

Something caught Elisabeth’s eye, something above the girl’s head that was dangling. “Natasha watch out!”

Derek looked at her oddly.

Without thinking Elisabeth ran off the sound tower and onto the stage.

Derek watched in horror as it all happened in slow motion and yet instantaneously. Just as the wire let go and the light fell Elisabeth pushed Natasha and they both fell out of harm’s way.

“You saved me,” said a shocked Natasha.

“What you expect me to sit there and let you get hurt or even worse?”

“Are you the same Elisabeth Trenton that we go to school with? The one who did all those awful things to Derek, and the same one that made him do all those awful things to himself?” asked Natasha.

“I already told him I felt bad about that.”

“You just don’t understand Natasha,” said Derek. “She’s had it tough.”

“She gets driven to school in a limo, her dad is one of the richest men in the world so what could be so hard about her life?”

“Try her mother died when she was thirteen, and her father all but ignores her. Just because you have money doesn’t mean you don’t have problems and sometimes they’re even worse.”

Natasha turned to Elisabeth, “I’m sorry I didn’t know about your mom.”

“How were you to know it’s not like we hung out at school or anything. I was hoping in the fall we would, but since you hate me so much…”

“Elisabeth I was there for Derek when all that bad stuff happened and when I saw him go with you in the bus I freaked. Derek, Elisabeth I need to tell you something. I’m not pregnant; I made the whole thing up to keep Derek away from you.”

“That’s sorta old news Natasha,” said Derek. “We figured that out a few days ago.”

“Oh, why didn’t you say anything?”

“Was trying to figure out what to say.”

“I’m sorry I just didn’t want you to be hurt again.”

“It’s different this time,” said Derek who winked at Elisabeth.

Elisabeth smiled at Derek and Natasha, “Tell you what let’s forget about school, the time you’ve already spent here and get to really know each other.”

“Why?”

“Because once we get back to school I was hoping to be friends. I never had real friends before.”

Natasha smiled, “I’d like that. Maybe it will be cool having an uber rich friend and all the perks that go along with it.”

“Natasha!!” yelled Derek.

“It’s okay, the perks aren’t that good.”

Just then Bob and Madison ran up to the group, “Is everyone okay,” asked Bob.

“Yeah we’re fine.”

Madison gave her sister a huge hug, “That was so brave of you.”

“Thanks.”

“Stupid but brave.”

Elisabeth just rolled her eyes. Madison smiled and spoke excitedly “I have some exciting news.”

“What?”

“Dad’s calling us either tonight or tomorrow.”

“Really. It’s been so long since we’ve heard from him.”

Natasha looked down guiltily she heard from her dad every night since they went to Europe.

“When was the last time you heard from your dad?” Natasha asked Elisabeth.

“Before we came here, July twenty-third.”

Natasha’s mouth dropped that was just sad. Derek was right about her problems.

“Speaking of exciting news I have a surprise for everyone,” said Bob.

“I love surprises, especially if it’s a good one,” said Elisabeth.

“When we were setting up for this tour MTV contacted us about doing a sweet sixteen party. At first we balked at it then when we found out the girl had cancer and she had won it. How could we refuse? So I made sure I got invitations for all of you?”

“Including Natasha?” asked Elisabeth.

“Well I’ll see what I can do.”

“She can take my place,” said Madison.

Bob took out his phone and called Brian he explained the situation and hung up. Five minutes later his sidekick vibrated he had a text.

‘Invite at the door.’

Bob turned to Natasha, “Your invitation is at the door.”

“She could have just taken mine.”

“There is no way I’m not going to see you all dolled up and dressed to kill,” smiled Bob.

As the group made it back to the buses, Natasha turned to Elisabeth “Are they?”

“Don’t tell anyone.”

“Hey our first secret as friends.”

Madison and Bob made it back to the bus leaving the three teenagers to their own devices.

“Wonder what happened that they’re all friends?” asked Madison.

“Having someone save your life changes everything, you should know that,” smiled Bob.

“I wonder how long before Mark has his spy change the cameras.”

“I almost don’t want to know. Then I’ll know who betrayed me.”
Sign up to rate and review this story