Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We can settle this affair.

Cool.

by darkviolet 4 reviews

Beating around the bush.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-06-27 - Updated: 2008-06-27 - 1206 words

2Exciting
By the time the guys wrapped up their rehearsal I was feeling a little better. Talking with Jamie didn't really give me all the answers I wanted but it certainly felt good to vent.
We stood up, all 4 girls clapping like it's the best thing we ever heard and I played along, cheering loudly. If their girlfriends didn't lie to them about their musical talent then who will?
I stretched a little, my back was still sore from the uncomfortable sofa when Frankie approached us with his guitar hanging on his back, he pecked Jamie's cheek lightly, turning to smile cautiously at me, "What's up, sis?"

I knew Frankie long enough to not understand what he meant, it could be about the Gerard incident or if I told Jamie about what happened before the Gerard incident or it could be about the weather or his love for skittles. Frankie was all about being random, at least that's what he said. These who knew about his active drug use knew that most of the time he was just too buzzed to make sense, "Everything's OK, Frankie"

"Everything?," he arched his eyebrow significantly.

"Yeah," I nodded animatedly, my hair flying around my head in a light brown hairy storm, "How are you doing?"

"I'm OK," he smiled at Jamie who didn't take particular interest in our exchange and busied herself putting on her coat, "Anything interesting happened lately?"
OK so he said lately, it narrows it down a bit. I took a stab in the dark and guessed he meant the whole Gerard thing. Since the weather was the usual Jersey weather and skittles was an old passion.

"Um not really," I looked him straight in the eye, "Have you talked to anyone in particular?"

"Nope," he shook his head, "So I guess everything's fine"

"I guess," I glanced sideways to make sure no one was in ear shot, "That was some sweets at your party"

Frankie grinned widely, looking down for a second, "I thought you'd like them. I have some left"

"Can I-"

"Yeah," he winked and wrapped his arm around Jamie, "Ready babe?"

She nodded her goodbye and they were gone. Ray and I were the last ones left there. I helped him put away the drums and after that he walked me home. It was a chilly night, I wrapped my arms around myself and walked slowly at his side in silence almost the whole way home. He was glancing in every direction as though to distract himself, "So you know valentine's day is like 5 days away," he mumbled when we were maybe 10 feet from my house.

"Um yeah I'm aware of that"

"You like valentine's day?," he scratched his head and stuck his hands back in his pockets.

"I dunno, I have no one to celebrate it with," I smiled coyly. Maybe if I just threw my declaration of independence in the open, we could avoid the whole beating around the bush bit.

"I don't believe it," Ray glanced at me quickly, "You're single?"

I rolled my eyes, cause he so didn't know I was single, "Yeah go figure. A charming, polite young lady as my fucking self and no takers"

"Guys are idiots," he said with a slight hint of a smile in his voice.

"Oh tell me about it," I threw my arms in the air dramatically, "Guys are unbelievable. You and your stupid hints and guesses and shit."

"No see," he stopped on his track, turning to face me, "This is the part where you disagree and giggle or say oh Ray, you're not stupid. You're just shy"

I tilted my head back with a loud laugh, "Told you I'm bad with these things"

"It takes some learning-," he said with a certain air of importance which made me roll my eyes up to the dark sky. Trust Ray to make himself seem more important then he really was.

"Yeah like learning that shoving candy up your nose does it to only a few selected females," I said quietly.

"Ugh! Ugh!," he exclaimed, "That was a blow below the belt"

"Careful in what you wish for," I smirked, taking out my cigarette pack and shielding the lighter from the chilly breeze blowing through the streets while Ray babbled something about belts under his breathe.

"So what are you doing lately?," he watched me struggle to light my cigarette, hunching against the wind.

"Meaning?," I glanced at him, taking the cigarette out of my mouth.

"I mean in general," he sniffled, shrugging.

"Jeez Ray," I laughed out, "Is there anything at all you wanna say to me that can spare me your lack of talent in small talk"

"You're so blunt," I wasn't sure if he meant it or was kidding cause his forehead was wrinkled but his tone was light.

"I'm a fresh breeze compared to all the other girls," I nudged him playfully, "Do you really wanna me to giggle and bat my eyelashes and wait for you to mumble some lame ass thing?"

"It would be nice of you to give me the benefit of the doubt," he shrugged limply.

I rolled my eyes and stuck the cigarette back in my mouth, trying to light it for the 4090th time, shaking the lighter angrily while Ray stood by my side, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. Eventually he gave up and threw his arms in the air, "Fine! Fine! You wanna go to the dance with me or what?"

"Or what?," I giggled, "Well if you put it this nicely"

"You made me nervous," he wailed, sending his hand through his hair.

"Aww," I cooed, pocketing my lighter and taking a thoughtful drag, "Now I'm certain you're as witty it gets"

"You possess enough wit for the both of us," he said sulkily, "I don't think the world can handle anymore"

"Fine," I gave him my cheesy smoky grin, "I'll join you for the dance although Kamodo never got to experience the joy of an idiotic American tradition such as organizing stupid dances for angsty teens where girls cry in the bathroom and guys hope to get laid and some idiot sneaks beer in and hopes he won't get caught yet he doesn't have enough sense to not throw up all over the principle's shoes"

"That happened like once," Ray scrunched his flushed face, "And I learned my lesson"

"Yeah you threw up behind the bleachers after that," I shrugged nonchalantly.

"I was 13, OK," he shook his 'fro, pursing his lips together, "Is there any purpose behind this character slaughter?"

"Just sayin'," I bit back my laughter and maintained my poker face. Teasing Ray was even easier then Gerard but it was rather disappointed. Ray didn't deliver the goods like Gerard. If I said anything like that to Gerard, he's recall 483490 of my best embarrassing childhood moments while Ray just sulked.

"Yeah then stop," he pouted, "And who the hell is Kamodo?"

"He's a 12 year old boy in Africa. He has 12 sisters and he loves bananas," I cited.

"Yeah but...," Ray hummed, "I don't even wanna go there. So was that your way of saying you'll go to the dance with me?"

"Yup"

"Cool"

"Cool"
Sign up to rate and review this story