Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This is how we like to do it.

Chapter 1

by Sannose 3 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-07 - Updated: 2008-07-07 - 2210 words

0Unrated
I lived my life as if nothing mattered. I was nothing, I didn't have anyone truly close to me. When I was in 4th grade my Mom and Dad were killed in a robbery at a Jewelry store in my town. I was sent to live with my Grandmother and she transferred me to a K-12 Private School near her house. At this new school I tried so hard to fit in but everything I did seemed to make me more of an outcast. Don't get me wrong I was pretty attractive and had a decent personality but all my classmates we stuck up rich kids from perfect families. And I just didn't fit their mold. I was pretty close with my grandma I guess, but just because I had no one else. Things changed though the summer before my Senior year. My Grandmother sat me down and gave me news she was moving to Florida with her boyfriend and that they were getting married.



"Grandma...you're 76 years old, getting married to a guy you've known for 3 months and moving to Florida?" I couldn't believe was she was telling me.
"You got it sweetie! I ain't getting any younger!"My grandmother smiled with so much joy.
"Wait....So I'm just supposed to follow reluctantly?" Okay this isn't funny anymore.
"Well that's the thing honey. I don't want to force you to come. So I'm giving you the option of staying here." She took a sip of her wine. We were sitting around the small wooden table in the kitchen.
"Yeah, I guess I could get an apartment somewhere down town. I suppose a job too, to pay for it all." I looked aimlessly around the kitchen talking to myself. It was kind of scary thinking about having to support myself. My grandmother tore me out of my thoughts with her laughter.
She put her hand over mine on the table. "Oh sweetie no! You've never worked a day in your life! Arnold and I would send you a monthly allowance to pay for things. You would live here still also." Arnold was my grandmothers new apparent fiance. And let me just add, he was loaded! Big investor or something, I never really talked to him.



So obviously I jumped at the opportunity to get s life of my own and enrolled myself in the Public High school in my town in New Jersey.
-----------------
I laid curled up in a ball of blankets on my bed staring at the ceiling.'I should get up' I thought to myself. Today was my first day of school and I knew shouldn't be late. I sat up out of my bed and walked over to my dresser. I opened my drawer and took out a pair of jeans and a black tank top. I put on some light make up and took my curly Auburn hair out of the single braid it had been in the night before.
I grabbed my bag, a banana and walked out the door with my key's. I stopped to lock the door from the outside behind me. When I turned around I saw two boys walking out of the house across the street. The older looking of the two caught eye contact with me. I'd seen the two boys before, but never talked to anyone living in the house. I smiled slightly and continued to my car.


I took a wrong turn on the main highway leading me in what i was pretty sure the wrong direction. I swore out loud to myself making an intensely illegal U turn. I was set back about ten minutes but still made it to the school with time to spare. When I arrived, there were crowds of people sitting in the lawn of the school at picnic tables and around the front doors socializing and catching up about their summers. I repositioned my bag on my shoulder and began to make my way from the parking lot to the main doors.


"Ah!"I squealed falling to the ground. I had luckily made it to the grass area before tripping over someones feet.
"Oh shit, I'm so sorry that was totally my fault" A voice said also on the ground. The person I had tripped over.
"Way to go Gerard you're causing harm to the school and the first day hasn't started yet!." A boy with glasses sitting on a picnic table said laughing. I recognized him as the younger boy who lived in the house across the street from mine.


I tried to pick up my bag and regain composure as fast as I could. I felt my face turning bright red.
"Let me help you." The voice said on my level.
I looked up to see a boy with shaggy black hair almost past his eyes. He was swating now holding out a hand to help me up. When he looked at me I saw those beautiful eyes for the first time. I blushed as I took his hand and stood up in front of him.


"Hey sorry again."He ran his fingers through to the back of his hair. "My names Gerard." He smiled and put out his hand for me to shake.
"Don't apologize. It was my fault I wasnt looking where I was going"I smiled "My name is Michelle." I said shaking his hand.
"Oh wait a minute, you're that girl who lives across the street right?"
"Um, yeah." I pushed my hair behind one of my ears. He was really cute up close.
He laughed. "Well its cool to finally meet you! I see you all the time, I thought you went to another school though." His face wrinkled making his statement a question.
"Yeah I did, but I decided to switch it up a little bit my Senior year." I laughed lightly as did Gerard. There was silence between us until someone cleared their throat obnoxiously behind him.
Gerard turned his head back and exclaimed "Oh! These are my friends,"He gestured to a group of guys around a small picnic table.
"Hey I'm Mikey!"The boy with glasses greeted raising his hand.
"Mikey here is my little bro." Gerard messed up Mikey's clearly styled hair with a grin on his face. Mikey grunted, slapped Gerard's arm and flattened his hair into a point in the front again.
"I'm Ray" Sitting next to Mikey was a boy with a brown frizzy Afro. He looked about my age and I could tell he was tall even when he was sitting down.
"I'm Bob" Said a tall built guy with short blond hair. He was laying on the grass against the tall tree that shaded the picnic table.
"I'm Frank." A short boy with black hair sitting next to Ray greeted.
I smiled at them all. "It's nice to meet you."
"Oh, and that beautiful creature walking up behind you is Angela"
I looked behind me to see a girl with long black hair walking towards where Frank was sitting. She wore a short red plaid dress with black straps and carried her books in her arms. When she got closer I admired a tight fitting silver lip ring cuff on the right side of her bottom lip.
"Hey Angie!" Frank called standing up off the table.
Angela danced into Frankies arms and kissed him. "Hi guys" She greeted the group. She looked at me and smiled, I guess waiting for my name.
I laughed nervously. "Hi. My name's Michelle." I smiled and re adjusted my bag on my shoulder. I watched Angelas eyes inspect me up and down, in a testing the waters sort of way. It made me feel awkward but I didn't say anything.


"So Michelle you're a Senior?" Gerard asked turning back to me. I nodded. "Maybe we'll have some classes together." He added while he sat back down against the tree next to Bob where he was originally lounging.
"Yeah maybe." I giggled. He motioned for me to sit down beside him while a couple of people asked some questions about me.
I usually was terrible at talking to people for the first time but I felt comfortable with these guys. Gerard's smile made me feel welcome and everyone else was really chill. I opened right up to them.
After about 10 minutes the bell rang and I remembered I had no idea where my homeroom was. "Ack!" I stood up quickly.
"Whats wrong?"Mikey asked alarmed by my shriek. I guess I yelled a little more drastically than needed.
"I have no idea where my homeroom is." I said looking around, like there was supposed to be some guiding light.
"What's the number?"Ray asked.
"325"
"No worries, that's my homeroom too. I'll show you were it is" Gerard said with a smile.
"Okay thanks" I said smiling back at him.
"I'll see you guys later" Gerard nodded at his group of friends who did the same.
"It was nice meeting you all" I said waving before hurrying after Gerard.


Gerard and I walked through the crowded halls to our homeroom.
"Geez this place is like a labyrinth!" I commented following close behind him into one of the dozen classrooms in the hallway.
Gerard laughed "You'll get used to it. Sit here."He pointed to the desk beside him.
As I sat down and the bell rang to begin homeroom.
Our teacher Mr.Mirrer was a young man who taught Algebra 2. He gave us the basic rules and responsibilities of us as Seniors at the school and went on to tell us that there would be no seating chart and she didn't care what we did during homeroom as long as we didn't bother him.
I watched Gerard through the corner of my eye doodling something in pencil on his desk.
A couple of things were announced over the loud speaker before the bell rang.
Gerard looked over at me. "What class do you have?"
"Um..."I paused and looked at the sheet of paper with my schedule printed on it."Health with Mrs.Keeting."
"Err,"He wrinkled his nose looking at the clock."That's on the other side of the building, room 156" He stood out of his desk and picked up his messenger bag.
I stared at him blankly.
He once again laughed at my helplessness."Come on ill show you the way" Gerard said laughing.
We walked into the hall and made our way through the crowds yet again.
"Lemmie see your schedule" He said putting his hand out.
I nodded and handed it to him.
"Awesome we have Lunch, English and a free period together!" He said giving me the paper back.
"Cool" I stuffed the paper back into my bag while still trying to watch where I was walking.



For the rest of the day Gerard met me after every class to show me where everything was. My teachers were all fine except my Latin teacher, He took one look at me and i could tell he didn't like me. Latin was one of the two classes I had with anyone I knew besides Gerard. Bob was in my Cooking class, which I found hilarious. Ray sat in the seat behind me in Latin. I think another reason the teacher didn't like me was because I just talked to Ray the entire class. At lunch I sat with all of Gerards friends I had met earlier.
"Michelle do you wanna come over to my house with us after school?" Ray asked.
"Umm-" I mumbled and ray cut in.
"Well you don't have to if you don't want to." He said nervously rubbing his head.
"No, no..." I giggled, he hadn't even given me time to answer and he was jumping to conclusions.
"Oh well if its your parents i can meet them or some shit because I know parents who are like that and.." Ray rambled and Mikey said sarcastically "What the fuck, whose parents are actually like that, she's fucking 17 years old Ray-" I stopped listening and looked over at Gerard.
"Is it your parents?" He asked.
"No, my parents...are umm..well they...their..um.." I moved around in my chair. "They umm..passed away when I was little" I mumbled.
"Oh, I'm sorry Michelle I had no idea" Gerard put his hand on my back sympatheticly.
I could feel the warmth of his hand go into my body. I don't know what it was about him. He just made me feel so calm. I was never usually able to talk about my parents to anyone, I would always avoid the subject. But saying it now was alright, I didn't feel like I had to hide anything.
"Its alright" I said smiling again.
Gerard smiled and took his hand off my back.
Ray was still going on about god knows what when Bob yelled at him.
"Ray no one's listening to you, shut the hell up!"
"Oh...sorry." He said embarrassed. Everyone laughed and Mikey spoke
"So are you coming?" He asked sipping his chocolate milk.
I didn't hesitate to agree. I felt so glad to actually be included in something. I know it sounds like I am a total loser, but it was nice.
Sign up to rate and review this story