Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We can settle this affair.

High school cliche.

by darkviolet 6 reviews

In need of sedation...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2008-07-08 - Updated: 2008-07-11 - 1448 words

2Ambiance
It took Ray some serious blinking and gulping to recover. He tried to dismiss it as me looking really hot but I knew it had more to do with my hair then with what I was wearing. But that was OK cause I loved my hair, I'd marry it if I could or believed in marriage.

"Punch?," Ray's eyes took up the custom to drift between my hair and my cleavage.

"You mean the colored tap water someone usually spikes with cheap whiskey?," I craned my head around, speaking from the corner of my mouth.

"I think," he frowned.

"Sure," I smiled, waiting for him to walk away before casting more looks around the gym.
It was decorated with tacky balloons and streamers desperately trying to disguise the fact that it was smelly gym by day...And smelly gym full of balloons by night.

Looking around, the scene fit every cliche known to man. You had the one couple that always fought in the far corner, bickering away, the couple that always made out like it was their last night on earth and they had to lick the sense off each other smack in the middle of the dance floor, licking away. You had the kids that couldn't dance in one corner and you had the jocks that couldn't dance either in the opposite corner, pretending they were too cool for this shit. I felt like character in a cheesy story, pretty in black, red and blue.

I chuckled to myself, I knew Gerard would understand but he was no where to be seen. I was sure he was here cause Mikey said so, -not that I asked. I just said I'd be there and asked if Mikey would be there to make fun of all the dance goers and Mikey happened to mention that Gerard would be here too. Mikey was a babble mouth in his spare time, when he wasn't practicing his horrible bass, that is.

I started feeling rather lonely waiting for Ray, who was wrestling some kid for the last spare cup by the snack table and Bob was already passed out in the bushes in the school yard when we arrived. Not that having Ray as my other half was any different then standing alone, mentally laughing at the idiots occupying this high school, that was more entertaining then trying to talk to him. A trip to the dentist was more exciting then trying to talk to Ray, at least they had sedation other then boring me out of my mind. I had no idea what happened to him cause usually once he begins you can't shut him up, maybe he got blown away by my awesomeness and wit...Maybe not.

Suddenly a familiar silhouette came into view and my heart picked up it's beat like a mouse on crack...I don't know why I compared my heart to a rat on crack, I just looked for a witty comparison to something on crack...It sounded like a random babble even in my own mind which was huge cause my mind was used to random high babbles.
I could recognize that outline anywhere, except for that time that he dressed up as batman for Halloween.

It was Gerard. He was wearing an over sized blazer and a white button up shirt which I was sure his mom forced him into wearing. It has to have come from his dad's since the closest Gerard went to clothes like that was to point and laugh at official office parties we went to with our parents. His mom was a sucker for formal wear though. At least he wore his own jeans which I recognized cause I almost burned them once with my cigarette, he still had the mark on his knee. I suddenly exhaled, forgetting that I inhaled a few minutes ago.

My feet stumbled in his direction, "Gerard"

He turned his gaze on me, his eyes locking on mine, "Hi"

"What are you doing here?," I giggled nervously.

"It's kinda my year's dance," he shrugged, giving me his half a smile.

"Oh," I nodded like an idiot, battling the urge to hug him. Not fuck, not screw, just hug.

"Um can I help you with something else?," he looked over my shoulder before returning his hazel orbs to my identical ones.

"I...I," I stammered, shocked with the chilly reception, "There's no need to be an ass"

He rolled his eyes, "What do you fucking want? Maybe stay friends?," he smirked, "Be best buddies?"

"Yeah," I ignored the note of cold sarcasm in his tone which took him by surprise, "I know I was a bitch and I should've be more considerate of your feeling but I was surprised and well you know me," I shrugged, looking at him over my new bangs.

"I dunno, Vi," he sighed, making my gut clench at the familiar pet name.

"Why not?," I whispered.

"It's not as easy as you think it is," he looked over my shoulder again, "My feelings aren't a toy I can switch on and off at your wish. They're there and maybe it's too raw right now"

"What about the old days," I fixed my eyes on his pale face.

"What old days?," he chuckled, "When you humiliated me? Made fun of me? Which days exactly"

"Come on, Gerard," I elbowed him slightly, "We both were kids"

"You're still a kid," he smirked down at me and I rejoiced at the sight of the old cocky Gerard making a shy appearance.

"And you're an old geezer," I giggled, "That's how we roll"

"You're on thin ice, missy," he wagged his finger at me playfully.

"So are we cool?," I crossed my hands behind my back and bit my lip in anticipation.

"I dunno, Vi," he shook his head, "It's hard. It hurts"

"Baby," a voice behind me moaned childishly.

My jaw dropped as I whirled around to stare at the owner,"Oh violet," she smiled at me viciously.

"Um, yeah you remember Dee," Gerard motioned, shifting uncomfortably in his over sized blazer.

"His girlfriend," he pushed past me to wrap her arms tightly around him, nuzzling her face in his neck.

"Girlfriend?," I repeated blankly, looking from her radiant evil features to his somewhat flushed ones.

"Oh Ger Gee," she giggled, sneaking a kiss, "You didn't tell Violet our good news? I thought you two were close"

"I was just getting to it," he mumbled, trying to wriggle away from her.

"We're celebrating a month today," she exclaimed. Her lips twitched in a smile while her eyes buried into my skull like a blade, her words cutting equally deep into my rib cage.

"It's not a month," he licked his dry lips, scratching the back of his neck.

"Sure it is," she slapped his arm gently, "It was maybe 2 days after Iero's party, no?"

"No, it was longer," he avoided my eyes, looking down on her instead.

"I don't think so," she shook her head, pouting.

"Oh you know how guys are with these things," I waved my hand. Hurt piercing right through me.

"Oh tell me about it!," she rested the arm that wasn't tangled around Gerard on my forearm, making me wince, "He'll remember our first kiss but now when he asked me out"

I smiled, "Yeah, guys suck"

"Oh well, when you love someone it's a little price to pay," she looked up lovingly at Gerard, snuggling up to him.

"You look good together," I wanted to throw up. It was like I fell asleep and found myself in another realm where the girl that beat the shit out of me is now dating Gerard and sharing with me the bliss of dating AND was suddenly all kissy pooh. I had to get out of there, "Well I'm gonna go look for for Ray, You know...my boyfriend. Enjoy your anniversary"

"Thanks Violet," she nodded.

I pushed through the crowd, struggling for a breathe. Everything looked so intimidating and bright and loud. I was about to pass out when I finally broke through the entrance doors and bended over, throwing up everything I could up. I was trying to clear my system off him and his words. I collapsed against the bottom steps, half expecting him to burst through the doors and run away with me without ever looking back to Ray or Diana. But it was a false hope, with every passing second the stabbing in my heart grew more and more painful when he didn't come and every guy that stepped out failed to be Gerard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry it took me so long to update. Shit happened.
Sign up to rate and review this story