Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The girl all the bad guys want

Mikey F***ing Way

by alice93 7 reviews

A little bit of love.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2008-07-11 - Updated: 2008-07-11 - 1219 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Mikey?” I moved closer to him, each step I took steady and calculated. Perhaps a little piece of me was hoping that it wasn’t him and he hadn’t been reduced to this. “What the fuck?”
I realised it definitely was him. I would recognise his skinny silhouette anywhere, and those strong, dark brown eyes that stared back at me so harshly.
He didn’t say anything, he just continued staring at me harshly.
I moved closer to him and lay my hand cautiously on his shoulder. He jerked away from me slightly and his eyes moved from me to the dirty, wet ground. “Let me help you Mikey. Please?” I added, pleading with him to let me look after him. He still refused to look at me and kept his eyes concentrated on the ground. After a while he looked at me again but the expression in his bloodshot eyes had changed from anger to sorrow.
I pulled him up by his arm and placed it around my neck. He stood, weakly on his own two feet, leaving me to half drag him all the way home.

“Come on Mikey. We’re nearly there.” I encouraged him as we were taking our last few steps up to my street.

“Where are we going?” He asked lazily.

“We’re going somewhere where you can sleep for the night.” It wasn’t exactly lying-I just knew he wouldn’t take another step forward if he thought we were going back to mine.

By the time I got to my front door, I nearly collapsed from exhaustion. Mikey may look as light as a feather but, trust me, he isn’t.
I tried the door handle, just in case my mom had left the door open for me. I was surprised when the door opened straight away and me and Mikey took our first few steps into the house.

“You wanna go get a drink Mikey?” I asked. He kind of nodded and I pulled him through to the kitchen, forcing him to sit on a chair.

“I want coffee.” Mikey slurred once he saw I was filling a glass up with water.

“No Mikey.” I argued. “Coffee will speed up your heart rate, and that’s the last thing you need.”

I gave him the glass of water and he took a sip, lazily spilling half of it down his chin.

“Oh come here you idiot.” I said, giggling slightly and pulling a piece of kitchen roll off the holder and dabbing his chin lightly with it.

Mikey giggled too. “Thanks.”


“And what time do you call this?” I turned round to see my mom standing there in her dressing gown and fluffy slippers.

“Oh hey mom. Sorry, did I wake you?” I apologised, deciding that losing my cool with her was not going to get me anywhere.

“No. I just wondered why you were coming in at this time. I though you were staying at Franks?”

“Oh. I did but Mikey got a bit too drunk and I decided it would be best to bring him back here and sober him up a bit.”

She smirked proudly. “Oh well that’s very good of you Crystal. Well done.” She said as she nodded approvingly at me and shut the door.

“See what I have to-” I cut myself off when I saw Mikey was fast asleep, his head resting on the table. I smiled and went up to him, kissing him on the top of his head. I pulled him up, managing not to wake him and took him through to the front room where I lay him on a couch.
I got the yellow blanket from underneath the side-table and placed it on his body carefully. I stroked his cheek lightly and got up to leave.
I looked back one last time. Maybe I could lie down next to him for a bit-just a few minutes.
I got behind him so my head was right in the back of his neck. I lay down next to him. I could smell his banana kiddie-like shampoo. It made me giggle slightly-trust Mikey to have banana shampoo.
I could feel the rhythm of his breath going through my whole body, almost as if it was keeping me alive. It made me smile, lying next to him again. I’d forgotten how much I missed him.


When I woke up, I could feel Mikey struggling against me. It only took me a split second to realise that I was lying next to him-right next to him.

“Shit.” I said, jumping up and stepping away from him. “I am so sorry…so sorry.” I apologised feeling the need to apologise again. “Sorry.”

I felt so embarrassed but Mikey just giggled. “It’s okay. You don’t need to apologise.”

“I do. It was so wrong of me to sleep here last night. I’m sorry.” I said, once again.

Mikey looked embarrassed but was not afraid to speak. “It’s okay, really. Can I use your bathroom? I really need a leak.”

I laughed slightly. Not really knowing what to make of the situation. “Yeah sure.” I said. He walked past me and I heard his footsteps going upstairs.
I went through to the kitchen where I knew my mom would be.

“Why didn’t you wake me?” I half whispered-half shouted.

“Aw you looked so peaceful.” She cooed, squeezing my cheek. I slapped her hand away playfully.

“God.” I shouted out in frustration.

“So is he your new boyfriend?” My mum teased.

“Long story.” I said. If only she knew the half of it. “Anyway, I though you were all anxious about me getting pregnant?” I asked, confused as to why she wasn’t killing me right now.

“Well, I’ve realised that your almost a grown-up now and that maybe it’s time for you to stand on your own two feet.”
I raised my eyebrows, shocked.
“That is why I’ve decided you can stay here, in New Jersey.” She smiled.

“What?” I couldn’t believe what I’d just heard. Was she really saying what I think she was.

“I’ll sell this place and get you a flat where you can live on your own. I think your old enough to look after yourself.”

This time I was the one that smiled. A smile as wide as my face.

“Thank you. Thanks you. Thank you.” I screamed, jumping up and giving my mom a big kiss on the cheek and a squeeze. I heard Mikey coming down from the bathroom and for a minute there, I forgot we weren’t boyfriend and girlfriend anymore.

“Mikey! Guess what?! My mom says I can stay!” I jumped up and hugged him really hard. He patted me on the back appreciatively.

“That’s really great.” He smiled, genuinely pleased.

And that’s when it happened. That’s when my lips came crashing down onto his. Neither of us pulled away for quite a few minutes. We just stood there for a long time, in the hallway, with my mom watching, wrapped up in this passionate embrace. When we did finally break apart. We smiled wider than either of us had smiled for a long time.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Hope you liked it. Reviews?
Sign up to rate and review this story